Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

Alright, I'm back from my journey to the heart of darkness and have access to the book and my writing supplies again.

I want to record the events of the MAGAbomber in a fancy illuminated series of pages of text similar to what I did with the Orb (scroll up or check the table of contents at the OP), while it is still fresh in my memory, and might do that tomorrow. Anyone have any choice bits of text or images from that event still rattling around in their heads that I should include?

This quote still floors me

quote:

As news spread of Sayoc’s arrest Friday, interviews with people who know him revealed him as someone able to express contempt for blacks, Hispanics, Jews and gays even while working at jobs that put him in touch with the public. And he did it without drawing a complaint.

“Did he spew hateful things? Yes,” said Debra Gureghian, Sayoc’s manager last year at New River Pizza in Fort Lauderdale. “Was he a reliable, dependable driver? Yes. I wasn’t about to fire him because of his political views.”

Gureghian said Sayoc was almost apologetic in expressing his views to her because she is a lesbian. “I like you as a manager, but if I could, I would eradicate you,” he told her.

Still, Gureghian kept him on the job. “There were no customer complaints and he wasn’t taking money from us. People are entitled to their private political views — he did his job.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

I take no pleasure in recording this:

This is incredible, I'm buying a copy the second it's released.

If you're still thinking of ideas, there's a nice intersection with the medieval astrology or tarot card format and how goons, Nate Silver, and poll aggregators all tried to predict the future with any available method.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Agean90 posted:

Make a book about the fantastic elon musk thread

Linking the fun parts below to make references easier, the Tesla discussions are worthy of inclusion and the Elon meltdown this summer was the best moment:

The imfamous $420 tweet starts here

Song parodies start around here and go on for a while:

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

Muskrats gathered in their Teslaaaaaaas
Lane assist will kill these fellaaaaaas
Time to tweet we're going privaaaaate
Start another boardroom rioooooot
Oh Grimes yeah!

And undoubtedly peak with this WYWH cover

3 posted:

Hi Elon thread, long time listener, first time caller. I want to request some Pink Floyd, is that okay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNtTfzYiu4

download mp3 here

And then the Azealia Banks posts starts here

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

This is incredible. Is the human head on the hydra meant to be someone in particular?

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

Turns out woodcarving is a bitch

Incredible

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
The Second Name is ZUCKERBERG

Knows all things since the beginning of the Network. Knows all secrets and DMs, be they human or bot, and is very difficult to summon in congress. The Priest should not summon him unless he is clean of heart and spirit, for this Spirit shall know his innermost thoughts via cookie sync to offsite ad exposures. This is his Seal:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Mayor Dave posted:

i like left better, feels more vivid to me

Same, there's something about the splotchy blue and splotchy red backgrounds that work better than the thicker blue/red options.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

the book of c-spam is back binch awooooo

DMCrimson has issued a correction as of 01:01 on Apr 17, 2019

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Would buy shirts for these two designs, maybe prefer the leopard print as a shirt without the quote.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

TWODAY INTERNET STORE IS LIVE

https://twoday-internet-store.myshopify.com/

I really have very little little confidence that I set this up correctly but let's see what happens

let me know if you want any other artwork of mine on any sort of medium. I can make women's tshirts instead of unisex, or beach towels, or baseball caps or all kinds of other poo poo, just tell me what you want

I will probably only have this up for a month or so

Bought the leopard shirt, it rules

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Oh my god

https://twoday-internet-store.myshopify.com/products/trumbeanbag

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
also got my shirt, the leopard looks beautiful

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

Besides the money it just feels incredibly validating and pleasant to know that people out there all over the world want to own these strange drawings I make in the middle of the night. I feel like an artist now, I can call myself that, and I do. And I didn't feel that way one year ago. You have all given me so much support and encouragement over the last year to fulfill my dreams, to persue my interests, to become what I have long wanted to be. There is no price that can be put on that. You have collectively changed my life in a way I didn't imagine possible. I feel very content and happy in general, day to day, and a lot of that is because I know that c-spam stands behind me and my artwork. It's really great, and I hope that you guys can support all the other brilliant creative people here as much as you support me, and I hope that the other creative people can likewise tap into the positive c-spam energy and use to realize their fullest potential

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Carth Dookie posted:

Want dat book.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

is there any historical topic you would want to discuss? Arab/Persian contributions to mathematics might be interesting

I still have a few planned episodes in the queue though in any case, so it would be in a while

What topics are in the pipeline?

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

quote:

On February 12, 2020, James F. Linzey, who served as a highly accomplished Air Force Captain, felt led by Almighty God to write the Space Force Hymn.

Normal sentences by normal people.

EDIT: God touched his smooth mind to write the astronauts-with-M16s chant the morning after Bernie won New Hampshire. This is all our faults.

DMCrimson has issued a correction as of 19:13 on May 15, 2020

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
twoday running out of the forums with the book under his arm like the Library of Alexandria burning

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

TheHoosier posted:

still want a copy

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

does anyone have any good quotes to put on the back of the cover?

wear the hat, baloogan

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Phil Layshow posted:

I'm not up on cspam lore. What is the origin of misspelling bunker baby's name? I've always seen it around here, but I didn't want to join in on it without knowing where it came from.

The actual story is early in C-Spam history and I'm having trouble finding the original quote. Basically, someone on the forums worked at a company that conducted presidential polls leading up to 2016 and would call and ask people for their political opinions. When non-Trump voters were asked for their response on candidates, they would answer and flow through the rest of the survey as normal. Trump voters would just shout TRUMP! into the phone and immediate hang up (which is why it's usually written like "TRUMP! *click*"). This happened so much that it became a stereotype of trump voters at that call center, at the company, and now, on C-SPAM. Blithering idiots shouting the one syllable they love more than any other when asked and hanging up immediately like it's the exclamation point. A brain like a cow mooing.

Everyone who hanged up early would have their responses removed since they didn't answer the full survey, potentially under-counting the reality of Trump's base entirely because of their love of TURMP!! *click*

Edit: I think i got a few details wrong about the polling aspect.

DMCrimson has issued a correction as of 23:57 on Jul 22, 2020

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Phil Layshow posted:

ah that is a pretty good origin. thanks for catching me up. i may try it out, but it has to come up organically.

when you're about to do something dumb on impulse, you'll know exactly what to say.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
"i feel bad for our country. But this is tremendous content"

"I've seen this guy throw a dead spiral through a tire, I've seen him at Madison Square Garden with a topcoat on, standing in the key and hitting foul shots and swishing them -- he sinks three-foot putts"

DMCrimson has issued a correction as of 18:16 on Jul 23, 2020

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

I love the little “that’s right” and the COVID flowers

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Backed!

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Tubgoat posted:

It could be a pull-out poster on the last page ~~or~~ a fold-in ala Mad Magazine.

I know exactly what I'm picking if I get something commissioned.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Uranium posted:

Anyone who hasn't seen it, it's this masterpiece, the original depiction of a cool zone.

this but for the Georgia vote totals

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

He'll finish the rally, board air force one, and the plane will fall apart like the police car in blues brothers

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

ex post facho posted:

uhhhh twoday I think we may have the epigraph, also this makes the Book of CSPAM an incredibly MORE important cultural artifact

it’s the perfect end

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

tangy yet delightful posted:

quote this if ur more excited for this book than president biden

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I never lost faith

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

I'm in touch with the printer, the book still hasn't been shipped to the distributor yet but the process seems to be rolling along. I'll post the estimated shipping date if they tell me that soon

yesss

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
boat!

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Boat loads the book then the engine immediately goes TRumpTrumpTuyrnmptRuMpRumptTurptTurtmptTyumrp across the pacific, many such cases!

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
The book will be delivered to me on saturday night, its actually going to be here, in my hands.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
The book is unbelievably good

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Ayin posted:

I have received BOOK and also appear to be the first to add it to librarything

Once I figure out how to add an already-uploaded non-ISBN book into my library, we'll make it two.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

invlwhen posted:

book is here! my favourite pages are the covid tree looking at 9/11

I have favorite pages throughout, but the very last page made me laugh the hardest. Completely caught me off-guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

UFOTacoMan posted:

is it possible to know how many of BOOK were made?

"never enough"