Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

triple sulk posted:

rip the entire crabtree mall

it floods during a regular rainstorm so ya i am looking forward to 4 ft of standing in water in belk for like 2 weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

our apartment complex just sent an email reminder that tenants are "covered" by renter's legal liability coverage, which they specifically say does not cover anything related to the storm.

in the same e-mail they remind us to get flameless candles because burning candles is prohibited by our lease.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

received another helpful email from my landlord informing us that "Boarding/Taping of windows from the outside is not permitted." :thunk:

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

ikanreed posted:

Lmao, print that off, break a window and cut yourself with the shards

hell yeah

ikanreed posted:

and sue sue sue

oh. yeah i guess i could do that too

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

near raleigh's airport, the fema websites don't list it as a flood prone area, but this storm looks like it's making everything a flood prone area. i've been through some other hurricanes in florida and don't mind losing power, it's just the possible flooding that has me concerned now. job's letting me work from home the rest of the week at least so i have time to not illegally board up my windows :cool:

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

my wife has informed me that the landlords are planning to dig some sort of trench (moat???) to help keep the rising waters at bay

we have a slight downslope into a wooded area outside of our back door but water tends to pool around the air conditioning unit during even regular rainstorms so i guess this is to mitigate that? will update with moat pics when possible

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

hello from raleigh, overcast and dry presently though we had a band pass an hour or two ago. landlord abandoned digging trench and instead put long tubes into the gutter drains so the water is directed farther away when it rains i guess...?

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

literally getting more rain and wind from michael here in raleigh than we got in florence, checkmate typical path and strength estimates of mid-atlantic storms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

jose needs to journey back to the balcony and drain it of the water, only then will the curse be undone