Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
jeff's brother ed piotrowski is a legit tv meteorologist based in myrtle beach south carolina. shaping up to be a sequel for the ages

https://twitter.com/EdPiotrowski/status/1039322945804484618

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol theres literally going to be nothing left on the coast after this

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

good luck goons. for the storm, and the aftermath

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

schlonged again

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/DrShepherd2013/status/1039303271796678657
*hoots and hollers*

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
This planet wants us dead, and I can't blame it.

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

cool cool there is only 100 million tons of coal ash in NC

Click here for cool maps of coal ash ponds located right next to streams and rivers

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

eh, at least only north carolina is downhill of north carolina

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

what does coal ash do again

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

here is a good article about cleanup workers for the Tennessee coal ash spill

quote:

The list was long even in the early days after the spill: arsenic, beryllium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, nickel, zinc, cadmium, selenium, thallium, antimony, silver and vanadium oxide. It would grow longer.

Worse, when that sludge started drying out, it turned to fly ash – dust laden with those chemicals in concentrated forms and in tiny particles that once inhaled would lodge deep in the lungs.

He reported to work in 2010 a healthy man. He died in 2015 after he was diagnosed with lung and adrenal cancer. His wife of nearly three decades watched his symptoms progress even as he continued working in the stuff she believes killed him.

“I told him, you need to get away from that place,” Angie Shelton said.

He died shortly after taking a lay-off slip.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

it's going to put america back to work

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

a.lo posted:

it's going to put america back to work

quote:

In the wake of a Tennessee series of stories about the treatment of laborers at the cleanup of the nation’s largest coal ash spill, 180 new cases of dying and dead workers have emerged, court records show.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

well you know how you spread the ashes after a funeral

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

quote:

Now, more than 50 sickened workers and workers’ survivors are suing Jacobs Engineering, the $12 billion-a-year California company that handled the cleanup for TVA, in federal court. The case is set for trial in 2018.

:thunk:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My only hope is Florence gets strong enough to rip the US from the earth itself and hurl us into the sun to save the world from us and our idiot country with piss baby president

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

trump

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
good news, the sun decided to have another enormous hissy fit so a lot of the shortwave communication often used for disaster relief efforts will be unusable

https://twitter.com/PBCSKYWARN/status/1039309882854395905

this exact same thing happened during maria and it was no fun

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Watching best lightning compilations on YouTube

This poo poo is intense. A close lightning strike shakes you like an earthquake and sounds like a fuckin hellfire missle

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

buddhanc posted:

Watching best lightning compilations on YouTube

This poo poo is intense. A close lightning strike shakes you like an earthquake and sounds like a fuckin hellfire missle

Check out sprite lightning

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I know people that live in Charlotte and Boston. Are they going to die

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Jonny 290 posted:

good news, the sun decided to have another enormous hissy fit so a lot of the shortwave communication often used for disaster relief efforts will be unusable

https://twitter.com/PBCSKYWARN/status/1039309882854395905

this exact same thing happened during maria and it was no fun

ah hell

and thanks for the reminder that after getting my tech license and doing little with it i need to get off my rear end and get emergency support training

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Boris Galerkin posted:

they're already dead inside

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Stealing this for the GBS thread.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/MJVentrice/status/1039451733582340096?s=19

It's leveling up

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Stealing this for the GBS thread.

I had the wrong fema region tweet, updated it

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Boris Galerkin posted:

The latest models put Charlotte in the rain bands, getting less than 6" of water, but I'm really hoping that Florence will wipe Raleigh off the map and NC is forced to move the capital to Charlotte. Right now Raleigh is projected to get nearly 2' of rain.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

old crippled rear end pat is literally running away

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

twoday posted:

I had the wrong fema region tweet, updated it

Upupdated 👍

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

received another helpful email from my landlord informing us that "Boarding/Taping of windows from the outside is not permitted." :thunk:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

kill you're landlords

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

say the hurricane did it

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
BIG

WET

ASH

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Sir Plus posted:

received another helpful email from my landlord informing us that "Boarding/Taping of windows from the outside is not permitted." :thunk:

Maybe they want it destroyed for insurance scamming.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
All this toxic waste hype better not be overselling the devastation. With pig poo poo, the devastation is very important to me.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
drat this "stormfront" website has absolutely no useful updates on hurricane florence

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1039510385186021376

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Sir Plus posted:

Lmao, print that off, break a window and cut yourself with the shards and sue sue sue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

ikanreed posted:

Lmao, print that off, break a window and cut yourself with the shards

hell yeah

ikanreed posted:

and sue sue sue

oh. yeah i guess i could do that too