Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
the 'stall overland for 4+ days' part is what slays me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

twoday posted:

this topography sucks, all the water will just roll back out to sea, hitting all the coastal towns again on the way out

the south carolina coastal plains probably won't get hit by the worst but its several river basins are going to be completely awash, lol

i'm gonna get to see what this storm does to the catawba

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rodatose posted:

after taking all the pigshit from factory hoglot waste lagoons with them and causing a massive dieoff along the watershed

all the red dots are hog farms

what are the yellow dots

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
it'd be pretty interesting if the sudden water volume overwhelmed the earthwork and concrete system in place to control the sc watersheds, and either side of the charleston peninsula gets scraped clean by a torrent of waterborne debris

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
looks like somebody's gonna get to redevelop myrtle beach

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

owns

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have noticed more dragonflies than usual working outside the last few weeks

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
looking forward to the overflow from pig shitia annihilating the lush watercourses of south carolina, destroying some of my favorite natural areas

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

triple sulk posted:

might actually be getting the gently caress out

i'm thinking of going to Knoxville for a while myself

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bert Roberge posted:

Don't worry Pat Robertson put up a 'shield of protection'.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1039497048108806144

pat went on record after the last big haitain earthquake that haiti's hosed because god is smiting the vodou worshipers

elemental forces washing evangelicals out to sea creates severe theological issues he'll have to paper over somehow now

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

He's gonna blame it on the north carolina bathroom law thing, that's a given

well of course

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

nature itself is going to teabag charleston

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

hurricane helene

gently caress cornwall

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime was right posted:

i hate to say it but we're gonna have to take over some garbage rear end state like illinois to survive

i am not looking forward to migrating to great lakes metroplex h-7

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah jose, we all saw you saved from your own incompetence by the whims of the weather and a couple of extremely dedicated maintenance guys, it's weird for you to walk that back now

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
had some gusts and a little rain today. in one of the purple zones of that NCDOT flooding map though. 500-year flood, here we come

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pooky posted:

What the gently caress?

WHAT THE gently caress?

what, you'd have hero officers risk their lives for a couple of mental cases?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
can't wait for the first great lakes-icaine

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope it washes out Atlanta, floods the carolina watersheds, gets out to sea and regains its strength on its way towards smashing directly into cornwall

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

twoday posted:

You know, I'm pretty sure the mound building native Americans of this region built mounds so that they would have a place to hang out when it was flooding

flood shelters, redoubts during war, ritual spaces, the mound complexes would've had a lot of uses to judge from those the stone pyramids of mesoamerica were put to. probably inspired by exchange between north american and mesoamerican cultures as well, during the same interactions that brought potatoes, tomatoes, maize etc. north from mexico and peru

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shakenbaker posted:

South Georgia isn't prepared for anything to ever happen. Like 95% of my family lives in/around Valdosta and I'm starting to get a bit worried for them now.

My parents and two youngest siblings live in a house surrounded by tall pines, probably 20ish trees are capable of landing on the house. My other brother doesn't have trees around his place, but he lives in a newer mobile home. One of my uncle lives in a wooden house that's over 100 years old with tall pines AND live oaks around it. And so on...

It's my mom's birthday today, :toot:

one cool thing about Valdosta is how long it takes to get to the loving place from any major arterial road

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thoguh posted:

God owned the chuds with this hurricane and that's what matters.

yeah, the chuds sure were owned by a storm plowing through all of Georgia's blackest and poorest counties

loving yankees, I swear

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moridin920 posted:

HAIL POSEIDON Holder of the Earth

nah poseidon's about seismic-type destruction, earthquakes and tidal waves. considering the geographic context this is more tlaloc's show

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Socks4Hands posted:

lotta chuds are saying that this is a literal kamikaze directed at the honduran caravan

now that slaps

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'll never trust the great lakes after what happened to the edmund fitzgerald

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

i still feel that way, some days

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh man, i've got it

the midwest's just got to convert over to wet-field rice production

boom, i've saved american agriculture

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
would be pretty cool if the same stretches of north carolina that got inundated with pig lagoon runoff last year get a whole ton of water dropped on them in the midweek

extremely good for the region i'm sure

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

sleeptalker posted:

More likely they'll just pile up as much dirt as they can and rebuild on top. The runoff is someone else's problem.

Houston is too major of a port to be abandoned. Poor people will still get hosed over of course.

so was Carthage, and they were only fighting Italians, not Climate Death

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's pretty cool that gulf texas is going to wash out to sea, and may do so before miami or tampa

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
extremely wet and incredibly veered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
China's mostly just desertifying the yellow river basin