Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Mameluke posted:

I wonder if there would be any appetite for a climate migration thread. I would really love to one, hear other, more qualified people's advice; and two, help more chill c-spam goons to help the great white north stay cool. Certainly people outside this thread might call the idea histrionic, but let's be realistic. poo poo's happening in our lifetime and we might as well move before everyone does.

its a nice crisp 40 degrees here in Minnesota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Ive never experienced any kind of extreme weather event, I feel like I’m missing out but also havent had myself or friends or family and all our possessions disappear. It did hail huge chunks of ice which was pretty cool

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

this is some crazy poo poo

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

at some point they stop being catastrophic and do become totally normal

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

to be honest I have no idea what these charts mean and I always forget whats good or bad. I guess its meteorologist twitters time to shine

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

drat theyre gonna be without power for a while

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

too much hype for this one so the reality of a big storm stranding millions in water and without power is deflating

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

it would be cool if instead of just a flood of water there were also swarms of rats floating on the water and into every apartment

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I love it, now thats New York baby

drat imagine how much it sucks for your place to be filled with dirty sewage water loving up all your poo poo and your old rear end buildings poo poo. not as much as dying in a hurricane I suppose

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

so where does all that water go. are people just having to get used to endemic sewage in their apartments

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

so this thing just came out of nowhere? thats wild, just like that and you and your building get demolished

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

they say its the wind but the map looks to me like the earth being swallowed by lava

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

twin cities are in the 30%+significant area for hail and wind. only 5% for tornados!

(this is going to be bad)

that storm a few weeks ago was pretty cool. though the noises my windows were making were kind of scary

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

what I like doing when the temperatures get that high is lie on the coach and swelter. like a sweat lodge

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

being out in the cold is good for you. it gets the blood pumping and builds character. plus coming back inside and warming up is an incredible feeling

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

my building sent this but I've never had to do it before and its only going to be like -10 at most anyway so I plan to not follow any of their advice until the eggs on my face as all my pipes freeze then burst

quote:

EMERGENCY FREEZE NOTICE TO ALL RESIDENTS

WE ASK THAT ALL RESIDENTS ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS:

• Please make sure the heat is left on and set no lower than 55 degrees. If you plan to be away, have someone check your house daily to make sure the heat is still on to prevent freezing.
  • Please keep all windows closed in your apartment unit.
  • Please allow all your water faucets to drip steadily (not fully on) 24 hours a day when the outdoor temperature is subfreezing. Especially if your bathroom or kitchen is on an exterior wall.
  • Be sure to open the cabinet doors under the kitchen sink and bathroom sink(s) to allow heat to get to the plumbing.
  • Sidewalks, stairs, and other exterior surfaces may be slippery due to frost, ice or snow. Please use caution while walking outdoors.
  • Please use caution when entering or exiting the building as the floors may be slippery from snow tracked in.
  • If you have exterior parking, please adhere to community notices on the snow removal plan to ensure that the parking lot can be properly cleared and prevent your vehicle from being towed.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

oh good

Hello Residents,

We are running on limited hot water in the building. While we are waiting on the vendor to arrive, please limit the amount of hot water you are using - take shorter showers, do your dishes in warm water, etc. We are hoping the hot water tanks can be fixed tonight, but it might not be until tomorrow. We will update you when the hot water tanks are fixed.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

great news, they fixed the hot water but the bad news is my windows are frozen shut. but the good news is they're not frozen open

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

drat dude another snow storm in minnesota. that giant pile of snow outside my apartment window slowly oozing dog poo poo and allergens out isnt going anywhere anytime soon

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

drat its crazy how it all just started happening like they said it would. but you have to admit its good content

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I’ve been running the ac for hours and it wont go below (or mercifully above) 81. curse these west facing apartment windows

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its too hot outside

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

lol at the weather

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its too hot in the morning. I hate it

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

maybe you can plunge right into the eye and get swept away out of the state (and into the ocean)

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

another beautiful late october 65 degree day here in Minnesota

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

getting back to crazy high temperatures after a cold snap is like the perfect example of climate vs weather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

drat. rough time for them but what a pic