Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
are catastrophic earthquakes under the umbrella of this thread?

if my house gets consumed by a mud lahar will people post in my honor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

VectorSigma posted:

Hurricane Dijon is progged to join the system, adding a tangy zip to the already plump and juicy environment.

prog my cane hole

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

yeah smoke in Seattle is visually worse than yesterday. I can't see halfway down the block anymore.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my mom just reminded me of her sister's plan to retire to the Caribbean and live on a boat I said "wait, that's still happening?"

"they planned it over five years ago, sweetie."

yeah mom, a lot of poo poo got planned five years ago that is stupid to try now.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

She has turned her fury on Alabama, as all good people should.

https://twitter.com/MargaretOrr/status/1305700025817858049

my grandparents live outside of Mobile.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

It's okay, I just ordered a few new masks so I can go outside during the smoke which means the fires are all going to go out the day before they arrive.

I did the same thing last fire season with an air purifier and THIS fire season it paid off.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I'm a hurricane dom myself

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

it's 100% the cattle exhausting itself trying to get away.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

look out there's a huge diarrhea bomb in the Caribbean.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

it's a Jeep thing so, clearly, you wouldn't understand.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

it's a dry wind so you don't notice it as much

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

flash cook me daddy

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I can't get over tornaroo. it's like kangaroos are so integral to Aussie life that any new phenomena is partially Animorphed into one.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I still can't get over someone saying "a tornayroo!" in sincere gobsmacked awe.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...ia/2926464/?amp

lede posted:

STAFFORD COUNTY
‘Never Seen Anything Like It': Drivers Stranded for 24 Hours on I-95 in Virginia

well get ready to keep seeing it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my parents have been without power in Virginia for the last three days due to the storm.

the only way they're able to charge their phones is by idling their car.

my dad owns three dozen guns but has no idea how to plan for an emergency.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my parents both poo pooed climate change for my entire life and then yesterday as I called to check in on them since they've been without power for a few days and he's like "climate change is a bitch!" and i got so fuckin mad

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I'd take some snow. we just got butt-rear end cold and I'm not going out in that poo poo.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

can't wait for a combination hurricane + wildfire inundation.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I'm sure in four weeks the AQI will be 150 and I'll hate life, but so far the PACNW summer has been really pleasant.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

no loads refused

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my sister in law is mad at me because I dislike eclipse tourism while also agreeing it's a neat phenomenon to experience.

like ... just don't get on an airplane and recreationally go to some shithole to see it

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

You can do other stuff on an eclipse trip

I dislike travel in general. stop going places. it's not natural.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Mount Rainier is apparently named after some dude who never saw the mountain and never even went to the west coast.

that's McKinley. they renamed it.