Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
the bbq sauce debate is going to be settled when the whole state gets swamped by a soupy pig poo poo brew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
at least the average southerner -- nearly spherical-- is going to float like a bouy

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ice cool atlantic dick plunging ahead into the warmest wettest pocket yet

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

eh, at least only north carolina is downhill of north carolina

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
how cool would it be if the sound of a hurricane was like a really loud house track, so like if the storm was over you for 36 hours it would be a single 36 hour long deafening david guetta track

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Qs gonna love this

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

raisin canes has the best chicken imo.

jfc this is a bad opinion

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
getting down damp and sticky

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
the Denver airport now has advertisements that lean into the conspiracies that it will be used as a fema genocide camp

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
ironically chris kyle was probably lying when he bragged about joining a post katrina death squad

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Al! posted:

i love the obsession americans have with taking human lives for the crime of making use of things that will need to be thrown away anyway

do not do the crime if you can not do the time

*whitely commits multiple felonies in the name of law and order*

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Near Cape Fear, North Carolina.

I was all confused for a second, Cape Fear has a Greg Peck, Robert Mitchum fistfight at the end but I was thinking it was a hurricane at the end but that was Key Largo.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

those gulls are going to get owned. :smith:

wind is only a problem if you want to land

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Jose posted:

hurricane helene

eat it Jose!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
traditionally the dead goons brain is removed through the nose and the thorax cavity is stuffed with their posts

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

one day it will be available in all areas

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Over Easy posted:

welp, power is out at all my relatives places down east, I guess moving up to "jew york city" wasn't such a "fag move" after all huh uncle steve?

umm he may be dead soon but he definitely bullseyed it that one time

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

did imgur downsample every hotlinked image?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm gonna own the gently caress outta the libs by brewing a giant pitcher of coal pig poo poo hfcs sweet tea and chugging that poo poo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

"The building next to me just collapsed, but a mere hundred feet away, i'm fine! Gonna keep livestreaming!"

I feel like i'm watching people post darwin award self-nominations

I mean yeah they're dumb but the dumb action was days ago and it's not like they can escape now. might as well stream

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-NshzYK9y0

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Food Boner posted:

PEOPLE ARE SO loving DUMB:siren:

you called?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fiend posted:

I thought California was gnome-friendly? What, with their anti-ferret laws and all...

Yeah, from my experience mustelids a nightmare for gnomes and leprachauns. Once I saw a stoat take out a whole hive. It was horrifying with blood and little hats and little shoes all over the place.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

soy posted:

pretty amazing “inland hurricane” as described by the local news channel tonight in oklahoma city. widespread 70-80mph sustained wind over most of the city for 20+ minutes. basically a 10 mile wide ef0/1 tornado.

fuckin apocalypse owns hail satan

It's a cacodeamon.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I hope this one hunts down Jose too.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I hope the storm wedgies you nerd

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Dang. Hold on, let me hit my "NO WEATHER" button right here.

*zips pants back up*

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
What if there is a painting of a gentle rain somewhere and we need to chop it up to stop this storm.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Stop cheering for it to make landfall you loving weirdos

gives u a cat 5 wedgie

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

if the storm was a true nascar loving southerner it'd turn left

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

soy posted:

and it’s not like a flood in Nebraska or something where the water is just kinda sitting there. that’s an expansive raging ocean full of currents and waves that will absolutely kill your rear end, banging on your door. on the second floor.

to be fair when the waters that high in Nebraska it's usually moving 30 miles per hour and full of debris

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

twoday posted:

not only that, these mounds were made of their waste - they were all made of leftover shells from shellfish they had eaten. Our society also creates landfill heaps, and if there had been some in the Bahamas it could have provided a place for people to escape to, instead of drowning in their homes. That ancient society had an awareness of the dangers posed by the environment in which they lived, as well as the waste they produced, and figured out a way to organize and control these various destructive factors in such a way that it would serve the collective good over the long term. But our society considered these people to be savages and exterminated them, and now, instead of learning anything from their system, we have the one we have now, which ignores both our place in the world and the damage we do to it.

lol imagine spending all your time building a giant hill to keep society from dying only to get genocided by some yokel from Genoa

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

But how's Alabama?

cousinfucking in the wind and rain

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
A large island off the mid-atlantic coast would probably be a really nice place with a great climate. Basically the Azores but big enough to support agriculture.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

wow good to hear china isn't helping

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bedshaped posted:

It's puerto rico all over.

except in this case it seems there were thousands of direct drowning deaths from the storm and the destruction is so widespread it's hard to count, with Puerto Rico the deaths were from the long term humanitarian crisis that followed the storm which is still ongoing in the Bahamas

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
it must be true

https://mobile.twitter.com/ginaC777/status/1170811789040185344

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
get 'em

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Freaking Crumbum posted:

needles was nearly a ghost town when my mom grew up there in the 1950s. the fact that it's managed to just baaaaaaarely cling to a sliver of life despite the fact that it has no real industry or commerce, no tourism nor easily exploitable resources, just a lonely mcdonalds sitting on the side of the 95 that runs through the town, is proof of just how powerful and deadly their clan of master assassins really are. their 10000 needles technique is almost a fabled perfect jutsu

don't gently caress with spike, that beagle don't mess around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I assume the meter is fully pegged and we're in the not great not terrible zone?