Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Have you considered posting a picture and brief preview of what you plan to be drinking?
Also I don't think I've seen a single beer that both advertised how strong it was and also wasn't garbage that tasted like battery acid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Crashes aside, I haven't played WOTC but everything it adds seems to be some turbo bullshit heavily slanted against the player. Sure you get 3 new character classes, but Mox can't hit poo poo, Psy-boys are apparently incredibly squishy, and Elenas seem to taper off in damage pretty quickly (what's the point of having a chance to stay hidden if you need multiple shots to kill anything)?
What's with the product placement for Vektor every time you line up a shot with (not) Elena? Do any other weapons have, uh, branding I guess?

Also yeah, please don't die. After this you need to do a LP with stipulations that you drink tea or sip some fine wine/actual good beer every time you score a critical success or whatever

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Wait, we missed something really important. Killian "Serial" Duff has long blonde hair, glasses, and a british accent. Why have you not renamed him to "Liquid" or at least "BRRRRROTHER"?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Oh, I think I remember hearing you call him Cam a few times. It all makes sense now. Also glad to see your beer quality seems to be improving, a good oatmeal stout is a fine thing.
How else can we lower the avatar bar? Are there options beyond blowing up facilities and guerilla ops?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Brutal. So does the chosen keep coming back randomly until you finish all those covert ops relating to her? Or does she stay down for a while after you "kill" her?
And are we allowed to beeline it to the other advent facilities and blow them up too, or do we have to do a bunch of poo poo before we can cross the map all the way to goddamn Australia?

Also I haven't watched either really but I've been told the UK version of The Office is way better than the US one

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Getting revealed by planting the bomb is kind of a dick move. Not that it might have helped, but would it have been possible to get everyone on the roof (after getting Elena out), set the evac point up there and get out before the reinforcement squad could get a line on you?

Also seriously stop getting possibly-awful beer you don't like :( I'm sure there is plenty of nice beer out there available at a reasonable price

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I don't know if this needs a caption or not

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Well I was going to try to work red panda, the house cleverly into an otherwise unassuming post but seeing as everyone's just out and out saying it. Also I thought this was going to be a bunch of cringey drunken end of evangelion references.

As for Steve's accuracy, I'm sure it's just because he's been on the beers and wants his old mate Dan to get a fair dinkum few cold ones down too.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Why the gently caress would a protection/defense mission ever coneceivably need to be "surgical"

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I have never understood the attraction of drinking a beer that's supposed to have had raw shellfish steeped in it

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Have you considered a nice oktoberfest style lager or maybe a filtered wheat beer? I'm sure Jesus and pandas would both enjoy a cool refreshing maerzen or kristallweizen.

Game chat, what's our strategy? I haven't actually played XCOM so don't really know what we should be doing, and the game seems to be throwing a ton of long term objectives at us (kill the chosen, make contact with people, blow up avatar facilities, research special stuff.) Does WOTC have some kind of unstoppable difficulty ramp-up/doomsday effect or can we theoretically just keep sending people on guerilla ops/blow up facilities to permanently stall the avatar project until we're good and ready?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

My theory is they're just sending you the ones they don't actually like

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Is there some website where I can buy a beer that's not vicar's cross or oyster fuckery and have it delivered to you? I feel like this should be a thing.

Also just because I'm loving dumb, your new psy-trooper whose hair turned white is a reference to this person, right? If not then that's one hell of a resemblance

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Danaru posted:

The upgraded rifle I was referring to is Begone Thot, which has a repeater and hopefully soon an extended magazine. Elena has Banish so itll make for some fun times :v: if I ever remember to actually give it to her

Can't wait until she uses this to rescue her Moxy from whatever the alien harlot is who has her claws into him

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

:vince:

Can you do one where it's the monthly report council man making a :staredog: face as he listens to the commander saying "...then I had to like hose myself down and I was crying really bad,"

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Danaru posted:

I'm pretty sure saving the earth from genocidal xenofascists gets you off the hook for at least ONE childhood pants making GBS threads :mad:

Oh, I'm just imagining the council man trying to hold his composure while the commander and his boyfriend drunkenly ramble at him for half an hour

Every month he dreads this videoconference, he's supposed to focus on hard statistics but his mind wanders off to memories of the bad old days before he went teetotal. But he knows that he has to put up with this treatment because nobody else is doing anything worth a drat against Advent (all of whom are, in fact, bastards)

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Danaru posted:

I'm pretty sure saving the earth from genocidal xenofascists gets you off the hook for at least ONE childhood pants making GBS threads :mad:

I'm so sorry

(You guys are the best and if you are ever in my corner of the world I'll definitely buy you a beer)

Crazy Achmed fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Feb 25, 2019

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Oh god betty no :(

Can you do a propaganda poster that's just a super close up on betty's face and the caption "gently caress you advent"?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Just saying that your long episodes are just as good as the shorter ones. Also are there penalties if you accidentally, say, collapse a building on some of those cowering civilians?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Butter and beer are a great combo... if you're making a chocolate cake.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

StoryTime posted:

"there is certainly a resonant, ferrous tang"

Exactly what I'm looking for in both beer and chocolate cakes! That distinct taste of comping down on a screwdriver!

I wouldn't call it ferrous but just try making the cake. This one is also very good.
Trust me on this, the smell you get from the saucepan of butter, cocoa and stout/porter is absolutely freakin' amazing.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Burn the research?

Improved Popcorn [INSPIRED]

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Flawless? What were you drinking during that session?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Well, that's one way to start thnigs off again :stare:
I was wondering whether you could use the shredstorm cannon to break out without bringing the roof down on everyone's heads. For that matter could you have blown your way into the cell as well or would everyone have gotten killed before they could pick up our boy and escape?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

What are the chances we'll start seeing that Rebecca poster in-mission? (That is how it works, right?)

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I've been trying to see if I can find a place that imports the vicar's cross, but alas, no luck so far.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

GrandmaParty posted:

Falafel owns. Eat it even if it's secretly beans.
Falafel is loving great and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Someone with more skill than me please make a gif of a sectopod opening its little top hatch, but instead of the railgun coming out, it's a bottle of the vicar's cross

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

It's hard to pick the MVP on that mission, even your advent elite boi was pretty good. Got a crit, nearly killed that priest, and distracted those spectres for ages while everyone else retreated to the avenger.

Aussie, on the other hand, wasn't having a good day at all.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Can you use claymores to blow up the outside wall of the jail cell? Or are you forced to do the hack and leave via the front door again?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I can't remember but did you do solo commentary on your LP of covert action, circlmastr? If so then it was good enough to get me to try the game and get absolutely hooked on it for like 3 months solid. I fell off the wagon about 3 missions away from taking down the last mastermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

RIP cam, he's done his last eauverwotch :(