Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Here's something for Ozu:

Darnold is the first QB to win his first start by 31+ points since.... Tom Brady in 2001.
Couple this with Favre also throwing a pick-6 with his first pass attempt and I feel pretty safe in thinking Darnold is a first ballot HOF lock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kalli posted:

I think it's tough because the true depths of QB'ing can't be allowed to start more then like 4 games, because at a certain point you have to just go and sign some random street shmuck who'll do better.

Like Peterman is bad enough that if he does start next week and plays like this again, they have to put in Josh Allen, sign like Paxton Lynch or whomever, give them a week to install some kind of playbook, play them then cut Peterman.

The problem with worst QB season performances is you end up with poo poo like Jared Goff 2016 because the coach just has completely checked out on the offense.

To take a quick look at this, I checked PFR player seasons for seasons from 2000-2018 (so we're looking at mostly modern stats) where the QB
1) Had 400+ attempts
2) Had a sub 70 rating
3) Wasn't a rookie.

11 such seasons took place. Dropping the threshold to 300 then 200 passes roughly doubles the amount of seasons each time.

The names that showed up aren't very surprising.
Jon Kitna, Vinny, Joey Harrington, Plummer twice, Charlie Batch, Eli, Aaron Brooks, Sanchez, Cassel, Fitzpatrick.

Basically a list of career journeymen and constant backups, and a two time sb mvp goober.

Trying to find the actual depths then I changed 1 and 2 to 150+ attempts and <=50 rating. Guys that were just godawful but somehow not immediately benched, and found just two seasons, neither of which were surprising to see:
2009, Jamarcus and Derek Anderson.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1039383906863276035

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

Marcus Peters is the coolest player the Rams have had in years

triggered as gently caress

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Khalil Mack is going to have 8 tackles for loss, 19 sacks, a pick six, a strip sack and score, a punt return td and kickoff return td and the bears will still lose to Wilson and the Seahawks 28-27

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
Mack is real good and all but that pick six was on probably the worst thrown ball I've ever seen. It might as well been handed to him. Kizer real bad even when he has time and whoever was in the general area would have done the same thing.

The strip sack was cool as hell tho.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/dannykanell/status/1039556455353987073

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

oldgoatmon posted:

Mack is real good and all but that pick six was on probably the worst thrown ball I've ever seen. It might as well been handed to him. Kizer real bad even when he has time and whoever was in the general area would have done the same thing.

The strip sack was cool as hell tho.

Forget about the throw, but watch how Mack reacts so quickly and fluidly, jumping back like a panther or some poo poo and allowing the ball to fall right into his hands, then accelerating away for the touchdown. He's a unique athlete and you see it every time he's on the field.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Greg Olsen's Foot Take My Energy つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

quote:

Greg Olsen (broken foot) confirmed he hopes to play again this season.

Olsen said he's "optimistic" he can return after consulting with the team's doctors. Olsen did admit post-season surgery remains a possibility. The Panthers are holding off on placing Olsen on injured reserve, meaning they share his optimism. Ian Thomas will hold down starting tight end duties for at least the next 5-6 weeks.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The strip sack was silly because it’s basically Kizners fault for leaving the ball dangling out there screaming for Mack to take it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Bullet dodged

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1039544008089853952?s=19

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

CharlestheHammer posted:

The strip sack was silly because it’s basically Kizners fault for leaving the ball dangling out there screaming for Mack to take it.

The replay shows Mack getting his hands on the ball and using his weight while falling to take it from Kizer. The live showing made it seem like Kizer pretty much gave him the ball which is funnier.

Either way it was not good ball protection or pocket awareness.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
The Patriots signed Benny Fowler, whoever that is.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

A JaG receiver. Maybe not even that, he's barely employable.

So it's entirely possible he randomly puts up an 800 yard season for you.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I think he last played for the Broncos.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

What game got called? Outside college games only Charlotte will be effected and even then it might be what the Browns Steelers game was.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

What game got called? Outside college games only Charlotte will be effected and even then it might be what the Browns Steelers game was.

Not sure, actually. Just thought it was an odd perspective on things. Football > human life apparently. I guess I see his point, but why risk it over a football game?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

weird Asian candy posted:

Not sure, actually. Just thought it was an odd perspective on things. Football > human life apparently. I guess I see his point, but why risk it over a football game?

There've been a couple of college games cancelled already so I'm sure that's what that idiot is talking about. Wake Forest's Thursday game was also moved up to an earlier start time.

e: preemptively cancelled I mean, not talking about the Nebraska and Iowa State games from a couple of weeks ago.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

pubic works project posted:

He's the one who caught Peyton Manning's final pass.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
stop debating dumbass danny kanell tweets please

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No one is debating dumbass danny kannell tweets op

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is he white?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

OMG the mystery deepens.

kiimo posted:

Help me out with this MAHOMES GIF but seriously look at this. What the hell is going on here?

I've posted gifs of Mahomes betraying physics before, inexplicably throwing curve balls and other things that should not happen.

Watch the spiral. Does this ball hit something? The hell??? Aliens, man.

a neat cape posted:

Skycam cable maybe?

play posted:

the disembodied ghost of joey bosa still floats above the field

Tom Tucker posted:

Best theory I have is a weird throw of an oblong object followed by conservation of angular momentum messing it up.

Watch the video here.

https://www.sciencealert.com/watch-...in-zero-gravity

Key takeaway - Mahomes is from space

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/1039576671328903168

There is no skycam cable. There is no bird. There is no insect.

Summary: Joey Bosa's ghost still most likely answer.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I actually think that the ball is spun really hard and it's wobbling on the way up (even though it's hard to see) and then it kind of wobbles itself into pointing a new direction if that makes sense

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Mahomes threw the first breaking ball in NFL history.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Welp

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

N: https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/1039601166861053952

V: See you all in 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1039516629481058304

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Gruden is going to let Carr go, talk about how there needs to be a complete rebuild, and then get to his 10 year still "rebuilding."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle posted:

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Greg Olsen's Foot Take My Energy つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Dude is 33. I'm sure he knows this could be his last season.

Uh, I'll have you know he caught Manning's last throw... in a little thing you might have heard of called the Super Bowl.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There's just no way. And for all his flaws Carr is still good/young enough to hang on to and hope things really start clicking for at least another year after this one. He gets even cheaper to cut later on if things don't work out.

Don't get me wrong, it would be hilarious if it happened and the Raiders rolled with McCarron and drafted, like, Clayton Thorson or someone.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Uh, I'll have you know he caught Manning's last throw... in a little thing you might have heard of called the Super Bowl.

cavallingus posted:

He's the one who caught Peyton Manning's final pass.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Gruden is going to let Carr go, talk about how there needs to be a complete rebuild, and then get to his 10 year still "rebuilding."

Rebuild's already started, friend
https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1039396273403645952

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Dude is 33. I'm sure he knows this could be his last season.

I can barely remember this past Super Bowl. I just know that Nick has a Big Dick and owns Tom Brady. Now you expect me to remember poo poo from 3 SBs ago????

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Tim Kawakami is a hard r retard

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mocking Marshawn? Truly the Rams are scum! Death to sheep!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^ Peters and Lynch are good friends.

I can barely remember this past Super Bowl. I just know that Nick has a Big Dick and owns Tom Brady. Now you expect me to remember poo poo from 3 SBs ago????

Get this: some people don't drink at Super Bowls and then somehow remember what happens at them.

I don't understand those people either. I remember what happens right before half, then I remember confetti. Somewhere in there is a funny M&Ms commercial or something.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ben Nevis posted:

The most amazing thing about Peterman to me is wondering how bad AJ McCarron actually was to be on the depth chart behind him. And then realize Gruden traded for the guy that couldn't beat out Nathan Peterman.

They traded AJ because he's too good to help them tank

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Blitz7x posted:

Tim Kawakami is a hard r retard

The one thing Raiders and 49ers fans agree on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Raku posted:

They traded AJ because he's too good to help them tank
Tanking for some dead Chargers brother isn't a very wise decision.

• Locked thread