Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

kiimo posted:

^^^ Peters and Lynch are good friends.

Please don’t dispute my narrative with facts tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Raku posted:

They traded AJ because he's too good to help them tank

Almost a third of the Bills' salary cap is dead space. This season was DOA before it started.

I mean, you're probably not wrong but the Bills were finishing last without trying to tank anyway.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

kiimo posted:

^^^ Peters and Lynch are good friends.

Get this: some people don't drink at Super Bowls and then somehow remember what happens at them.

I don't understand those people either. I remember what happens right before half, then I remember confetti. Somewhere in there is a funny M&Ms commercial or something.

lmao I don't get smashed, but I don't remember everything either.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

He'll probably be out until like game 8-10, I'd expect.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Tempest_56 posted:

Almost a third of the Bills' salary cap is dead space. This season was DOA before it started.

I mean, you're probably not wrong but the Bills were finishing last without trying to tank anyway.
Yeah, all we'll do is probably wreck the QB we invested a king's ransom worth of players and draft capital into.
Also, the current regime did plenty to help create that dead space and made some questionable investments with what money they did have(Star Lotulelei and Trent Murphy come to mind).
There are still 15 games to go though.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

He'll probably be out until like game 8-10, I'd expect.

Yeah, after I posted I listened to what Quinn said and it does seem like he will be back this season which is good. Sucks though with CMC, Kamara and Barkley on the schedule in the next few weeks...

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1039640207421857792

cool. more receivers for carr to not throw to

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Now wait, what?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Uh isn't he suspended for the season?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

A big flaming stink posted:

Uh isn't he suspended for the season?
raiders

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1039624653600382977?s=19

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Wait what the hell? I thought they cut him and he got suspended, so now they're bringing him back on and paying him?? At first I thought this was a time traveling tweet from the offseason

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Raiders have never stopped rebuilding

12-4 season was 100% smoke and mirrors

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They cut him because they thought he'd be suspended. No announcement's been made yet, and their performance showed they need bodies, so if he isn't currently suspended and can suit up for even one game, they think he'll help.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chris James 2 posted:

They cut him because they thought he'd be suspended. No announcement's been made yet, and their performance showed they need bodies, so if he isn't currently suspended and can suit up for even one game, they think he'll help.

He's facing a full one year suspension but I guess you're right that we don't know when that will be official. Seems kind of desperate but they're probably getting a good discount at least

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Derek Carr is absolutely a.....

/spins the wheel

Buc next season.

edit* stop me if you've heard this one before

quote:

NFL.com's Mike Garofolo reports Lions veterans were "griping" about new coach Matt Patricia during training camp.

Specifically, the "number of rules put in place" and "how hard he worked them" during the summer. The Lions, of course, got blown out of the building in Patricia's debut on Monday. It will be a dynamic to watch as the season unfolds. Ex-Bill Belichick assistants have a way of flying too close to the sun trying to implement his ways elsewhere.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 12, 2018

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Which team will overpay for Fitzpatrick next offseason?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
patricia is losing that locker room in record time. i'm actually impressed

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

cavallingus posted:

patricia is losing that locker room in record time. i'm actually impressed

If only Patricia could force his rules on the players like he forced himself on that woman...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1039526501497167872

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The best piece on former Patriots coach Eric Mangini

https://m.clevescene.com/cleveland/...467&storyPage=3

quote:

As I sit down in the emptiest seat I can find, I notice that players have handwritten notes scattered about their desks and their laps. They are reading over them nervously. Coach Mangini, a doughy thirty-eight- year- old frat boy with parted hair and a butt-chin, walks in and takes his place at the podium, a dip in his lip and a Styrofoam cup in his hand. He starts off by welcoming the two new men who were signed to the team that morning: me and some other dude.

Then:

—To show them how we do things around here, J.P., stand up. J.P. stands.

—There is a quote written above the door to the locker room; what does it say? —Uh, you must choose: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.

—Very good. You can sit down. Clarence, stand up.

—Sheeit.

He says it under his breath. Muffled chuckles from the audience.

—We have six core values on this team; what are they?

—drat. Okay, um, trust, communication . . . um, hard work . . . umm . . .

Someone whispers from behind him.

—Focus!

—That's right, Clarence, focus. Okay, two more. Silence. —Come on, Clarence . . . Can anyone help him out? From somewhere:

—Intelligence.

—Football is important to you.

—Good. Clarence, you gotta know these. And I'm going to keep calling on you until you do. Sit down. B.J., stand up. Tell me the name and number of every offensive lineman on our roster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWoNauDxGqc

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Only if we're talking about Dak's complexion.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wasn't Derick Carr a top 2 MVP like 2 years ago? What happened?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

mcmagic posted:

Zeke got suspended

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
This makes me feel loving great about Brian Daboll being Offensive Coordinator of the Buffalo Bills.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jerry Jones is talking about his "whole milk Americano with a splash of cream and vanilla syrup" skin color, isn't he?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Jared Goff is vente-iced-coffee-with-milk-and-extra-ice-after-the-ice-has-melted.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cam Newton and Jared Goff, a running QB and a QB with legs like a newborn deer. So Dak is between two extremes, got it. He's "regular legs".

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Is it Goff with a hard G or a soft G? Goal or George?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Finger Prince posted:

Is it Goff with a hard G or a soft G? Goal or George?

goal

e gently caress i should have said gif

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

nerve posted:

goal

e gently caress i should have said gif

gently caress you should have too.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Why was Phillip Lindsay undrafted, anyone know? He looked fast, strong, and could catch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

pmchem posted:

Why was Phillip Lindsay undrafted, anyone know? He looked fast, strong, and could catch.

His measurables are pretty terrible outside of being incredibly fast, look at his player comparables to see why he wasn't drafted:

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/phillip-lindsay

and then be super happy if he actually can play that you got yourself a gritty dirt dog whose got hustle.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Texans have signed Shareece Wright.

I am so sorry

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

pmchem posted:

Weaknesses
Running style borders on manic at times
Frenetic pace features flailing arms and excessive upper body movement
Not always as shifty as his movements would lead you to believe
Will cut back into traffic rather than finding less resistance
Below NFL standards for running back size
Aggressive running style combined with 545 carries over last two years has seen Lindsay take plenty of punishment
Struggles to secure throws with pace on them

edit: beaten. I should have just said 5'8.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kalli posted:

His measurables are pretty terrible outside of being incredibly fast, look at his player comparables to see why he wasn't drafted:

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/phillip-lindsay

and then be super happy if he actually can play that you got yourself a gritty dirt dog whose got hustle.

He outpaces Dion Lewis in most categories there and is dead-on for many year NFL vet Cole Beasley. Just surprised nobody used a late rounder on him. What a find by Denver.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's from Denver and went to CU so let's not pat them on the back tooooo much

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

mcmagic posted:

He got a broken leg and now he's loving traumatized at the thought of getting hosed up again so he's the new Captain Checkdown and throws poo poo away under phantom pressure

Like, he was legit throwing balls away with zero pressure in the pocket last night. His pass protection has always been extremely good, he just took a bad hit one time and now he's mentally hosed

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The entire NFC South is dead

quote:

The Sports Capitol's Ben Standig reports Bucs CB Vernon Hargreaves (shoulder) will miss the remainder of the season.

Hargreaves went down in the fourth quarter of the Week 1 shootout against the Saints. The No. 11 overall pick in the 2016 draft, Hargreaves missed seven games last season with a hamstring injury and has been a bust to this point in his career. But with Brent Grimes also dinged up and a lot of young, green corners on the roster, it's a tough loss. The Bucs visited with free agent CB Bashaud Breeland on Tuesday and could really use his steady veteran presence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Phillip Lindsay is better than Saquon Barkley

• Locked thread