Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kalli posted:

I think it's tough because the true depths of QB'ing can't be allowed to start more then like 4 games, because at a certain point you have to just go and sign some random street shmuck who'll do better.

Like Peterman is bad enough that if he does start next week and plays like this again, they have to put in Josh Allen, sign like Paxton Lynch or whomever, give them a week to install some kind of playbook, play them then cut Peterman.

The problem with worst QB season performances is you end up with poo poo like Jared Goff 2016 because the coach just has completely checked out on the offense.

To take a quick look at this, I checked PFR player seasons for seasons from 2000-2018 (so we're looking at mostly modern stats) where the QB
1) Had 400+ attempts
2) Had a sub 70 rating
3) Wasn't a rookie.

11 such seasons took place. Dropping the threshold to 300 then 200 passes roughly doubles the amount of seasons each time.

The names that showed up aren't very surprising.
Jon Kitna, Vinny, Joey Harrington, Plummer twice, Charlie Batch, Eli, Aaron Brooks, Sanchez, Cassel, Fitzpatrick.

Basically a list of career journeymen and constant backups, and a two time sb mvp goober.

Trying to find the actual depths then I changed 1 and 2 to 150+ attempts and <=50 rating. Guys that were just godawful but somehow not immediately benched, and found just two seasons, neither of which were surprising to see:
2009, Jamarcus and Derek Anderson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Gruden is going to let Carr go, talk about how there needs to be a complete rebuild, and then get to his 10 year still "rebuilding."

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

kiimo posted:

Derwin James knocking that pass to DeAnthony Thomas in the endzone down was the moment where I was like well gently caress this guy's another star for the Chargers.

Glad the Chargers will have a new defensive star to root for to help ease the pain of Bosa's passing.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
WV is definitely Steelers territory.

• Locked thread