Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

quote:

McDermott did not think Allen was the right choice over Nathan Peterman a week ago and said, via Mike Rodak of ESPN.com, he will go “to my grave” believing that was the right call for the team.

If he keeps coaching like this than he might end up in the same shallow grave as Peterman.

waah posted:

Man, I wanted Benji to be so good too. Oh well, he's yours now Buffalo, no take backs.

Edit: Part of me wonders if there is something seriously wrong with Benjamin right now. He seems off. Like, in a kinda hosed up kinda depression way, and as much fun as it is to pick at him, I hope he gets some help soon.

I was actually really excited when they got him, because I thought he was really good in the redzone and I thought they needed a big WR. That said, Benjamin himself isn't depressed hes just making everyone else depressed.

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Football is great when you have to do mental gymnastics trying to justify Allen starting despite how bad the team is because "he has a big frame so maybe he can take the horrible damage that will be inflicted upon him!"

I think why McDermott named him starter is because he could not start Peterman in their first home game without fans just losing their poo poo.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Play posted:

Peterman is better than Allen right now. Let that sink in for a moment

Apparently he isn't or they wouldnt have benched him.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Allen looked decent in his spot duty. He's gonna get mauled by the pass rush but I'm still interested to see if he can hit some throws

I agree.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-bills-to-start-qb-josh-allen-in-week-2

Per PFF, Allen was actually the highest graded Bill in that game.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Play posted:

I think we may have actually killed Joey Bosa, we tempted God with our fateful talk and this is the result. It was supposed to be a joke dammit! This isn't funny anymore, this is real poo poo I'm talking about, a man's life is over you goddamn jackals and we're responsible!!

Josh Allen should be personally thanking us.
Bosa's death may mean Allen's survival at least for another week.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I never found that argument convincing at all. Imagine what Jim Brown would look like if he grew up today having access to modern sports medicine and training methods (and growth hormones). Why do his opponents get the benefit of that doubt but Brown doesn't?

I think I agree but I cant stop thinking about if Jim Brown had growth hormones and all that poo poo back then he would have been so hilariously dominant I think other teams would refuse to play against him

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Kalli posted:

I know Jim Brown was black smart guy. The NFL was still mostly segregated, with most teams having official / unofficial quotas of black players, and whenever possible, they limited them to specific positions to keep their numbers artificially low, leading to most of the good black players of that era to end up in the AFL.

I normally agree with you Kalli, but you could have had Jim Brown in an integrated league, or in an all black league, probably even a robot league and he still would have hosed everyone up.

The fact that he trampled over a bunch of pasty white guys is funny, but make no mistake that he was not a loving great running back.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Sure, but does it then follow that as sports science and training improves the best player of each new generation is the best player of all time?

In like the distant future Jeff Tuel IV will be considered the best player ever due to his cybernetic implants and literal homing missle arm.

People will look at the greats now like we do Jim Brown.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The lots at the Ralph are a loving hellscape and deserve any and every measure against them

As they should be. After all the lots are only the border to the real hell.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Flikken posted:

Nothing will

Bills fans dont give a poo poo about kneeling for any social cause, but the good news is they also dont give a poo poo about the police either.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Honestly some of the craziest and most lawless Bills fans are Canadian not Buffalonian.

This one time I was at a stl Rams game when they played them, and one of the Rams players got completely blown up and is just totally knocked out.

These drunk Canadian Bills fans are just shouting to get him off the field, calling the injured player a loving pussy and saying that he's faking the injury and they almost caused a brawl.

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 15, 2018

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

MoaM posted:

How did you identify them as Canadian, genuinely curious...

The easiest way is Canadians have a shibboleth when they say the word "about" they pronounce it like "a boot" that was a dead giveaway.

They were sitting one row down. They asked us where we from and vice versa since the game was in St. Louis. Then they got totally blasted.

I like the Canadian fans in general though.

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 15, 2018

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Their touques, politeness, and bottles of Molson are a dead giveaway.

I like to imagine a stadium janitor in St Louis picking up thousands of Budweiser cans after the game and then finding two empty bottles of Labatt Blue and being so loving confused.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

My theory for why its an early season thing is the team will kick the poo poo out of a really bad team and then grossly overestimate their talent.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

fsif posted:

lol I’ve never heard of anything like this before.

What a baby back bitch.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Undefeated teams:

Dolphins
Jaguars
Broncos
Chiefs
Packers
Vikings
Bucs
Rams

Huh.

poo poo like this is why I'm glad Bosa died.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

does anyone have that lovely 3d .gif of like a QB with red lazer eyes it was called "QB vision" or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

yes! Thank you

• Locked thread