Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adaz
Mar 7, 2009

and yet still people hire them. It's like gamblers fallacy, except with millions of dollars.

Also if we look at head coach debuts well. not a good week.

Gruden - Lost
Patricia - Lost
Vrabel - Lost
Reich - Lost
Wilks - Lost
Nagy - Lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Stealing this from the MLB thread who stole it from the NBA thread because it's interesting.

What I get out of this is Denver is a cheat code and shouldn't be allowed to have professional teams in any sport. I mean christ, look at how far ahead the Nuggets and Rockies are than anyone else in their sport.

Training at altitude is such a cheat code. I didn't realize how much it impacted even normal folks till I did a bike tour in wyoming at between 6k-9k feet. Just nuts the difference.

What im saying is idk how the Broncos don't win more games, also the Raiders should move to Laramie or some poo poo gently caress vegas. Just cheat code tiny stadium at 7200ft.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

LabyaMynora posted:

No way. I guarantee you the Packers think they're fine at WR. Plus, they don't do high drama players.

Yeah, this isn't the Packers MO to take a player with substance abuse issues. Which is too bad.

If Bruce Arians was still around i'd say the Cardinals would be a good destination for him, they had a really good success rate with these guys... I just hope josh gets better.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Koren Robinson, Brett Favre, Johnny Jolly...

Also I don't think anyone actually watched the 8 second video that's linked in the tweet I posted lol

Definitely didn't, and all 10+ years ago. Still, no TT anymore so maybe new guys have more risk taking in their dna.

Josh Gordon Redemption Story is a storyline I desperately want t be reading in week 12 though!

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

fsif posted:

lol I’ve never heard of anything like this before.

I mean the Lions broke Calvin & Barry but not in the middle of the game. Stunning job bills.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

:allears:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Actually I wonder how much someone could have won betting on a tie happening?

The odds I remember were +320 for the over on 2.5 ties on the season.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Seriously how the gently caress does anyone involved with that team have a loving job. People are somehow still Hue Jackson apologists and I just.. I can't. This team is an atrocity

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

axeil posted:

a conditional 5th are you making GBS threads me? how could no other team beat that?

he has played like 5 games in 3 years. Why would you want to beat that.

I get that lolpats but there is nothing here to indicate he'll play a game at all this season. Especially if he's drunk/high again.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

axeil posted:

any picks after the 4th are pretty much lottery tickets so they're worthless in comparison to an actual talented player. plus i don't buy that there's actually something up with gordon, it's just hue being an idiot.

I get it, but there's very little chance he plays even a game based on prior history, and for more money than a 5th round pick would cost.

XPosting but I have no loving idea what the NFL is doing here with regards to Clay Matthews getting a roughing the passer call that wiped out a game winning INT.

News:

Views:
can see the tackle here made by matthews

adaz fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 17, 2018

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Started a new gig in Boston today.
No less than 3 Pats fans in my orientation group complained about trading for Gordon.
“He’s clearly too undisciplined for the Pats”
I want to die.

Patriots have had such success with addicts tho

Only registered members can see post attachments!

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

An attachment? Was is this 2006?

I'm bringing it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kalli posted:

The Pats even managed to have Michael Floyd be around without him even committing a vehicular homicide, so I'm not really worried about Josh Gordon bombing out.

And poo poo, if he can ball like Hernandez still then drink/smoke up Josh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWX96JNmqRc

Man, NFL highlight packages after you find out here's a quadruple murderer are pretty wild.

"What makes Hernandez so frightening is...."

It's still nuts to think of him and Gronk on the same team. What could've been, had he only not murdered a bunch of people for drugs.

• Locked thread