Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

timp posted:

To me it kind of came off like your parents trying to dress cool and saying "yo" a lot. As the DM he needs to be a parent and say no because it's the rebellion and irreverence of the PCs that makes the goofs so outrageous, but when the DM is bending the will of the world to say "yes, and then this even goofier thing happens!" It can almost sort of make it less fun. That's why I think Caldwell is a great player, but as a DM he's too lenient and goof-forward.

lol goof-forward

I mean he's the DUncle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The Hangover: The RPG seems like a good NADDPOD format.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I don't get it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm sad that this arc is ending so soon.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Finally finished hot boi summer, very good stuff imo.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
We're people being stinky on Twitter?

quote:

There may come a day when the community is too big for us to reach out like this, but we have a very kind and thoughtful audience so it is not this day, my friends. 
99% of it is subtle and no one means any harm, but I've seen a LOT of questioning Fia over the past few weeks. Not really here on Patreon, but this is where I can reach a better cross section of the fanbase! Let me nip a few things in the bud:
Why does she have advantage on CHA throws? Vedalken stats.
Why does she do radiant damage? A divine favor spell that I accidentally edited out along with a ditched plan. It's back in there now. 
Why does she have such good stats? She's the only one with a negative stat, Henry has the best stats based on pure numbers.
Did Murph homebrew X for her? Only thing I've homebrewed recently for the PCs is the bone claw mechanic.
Why is she the leader again? I dunno that she's the leader, but her driving the story along and coming up with plans is INCREDIBLY helpful for me, the DM. 
I've messed up rulings and forgotten things like Concentration with other PCs, but I haven't heard a peep! Let's get some more area of effect criticism up in here, gang. Be a Rules Lawyer, not a Female Roll Inspector! 
No need for Emily Appreciation posts or anything, she doesn't want special treatment, just to be an equal player. Go after Balnor, who absolutely deserves it. 
Crit on your homework kids,
Murph

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I never checked it out but with the "campaign after the campaign" thing was there ever an actual first campaign or was that just the world building?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

eke out posted:

nah that's just the world building gimmick, the big bads are the adventuring party that hosed everything up in the last global crisis

That's what I figured but I wasn't sure if it was a private campaign or something. Also they're calling the new season "the campaign after the campaign after the campaign" which doesn't really work since it's not in bahuma.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

thecluckmeme posted:

Emily will 100% pull from the deck if it comes up again. I think they simulated pulling from it during the Greed layer of hell post-episode and it was something like a whole extra gained level and some other crazy benefit, she pulled twice.

My money is on Fia drawing the one that traps you in a stone thats teleported to another plane

I feel like it bodes extremely poorly for the explicitly cursed squad to draw from the deck of mean possibilities

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Jabari is a great character, just an absolute powerhouse of amorality to force the the plot wildly forward.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It was 100% sex room.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm glad with caldwell back we're back to the dragon pussy level naddpod bits

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
In general I'm enjoying the theme of Emily powergaming -- but also with extremely good character justification -- in a manner to obliterate Murphs plans.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Emily doing real research to mechanically obliterate a boss is a real joy, it's also fun when she does the research and than cannot roll at all like with the ghost dragon a few ep ago.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
My one question for the episode is they rolled a nat 20 on a luck check to get hit by a train, what would have happened if they rolled badly?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

Always watch in the original language.

Anime should always have a dude with a Brooklyn accent for no reason and if that's not in the original Japanese then you need to shop for a language that has it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is this mixed bag only for the $10 tier? I'm a $5 peasant and didn't notice anything in my feed

I got it at $5.

It's the "beachfire bonanza"

Edit: unless there was a third post

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't really have a problem with it, it was pretty drat funny, but if I did have a problem it would be with the roleplaying. It seems odd to me that someone whose supposed to be able to judge and analyze a crowd would fall victim to such naivety

He saw a setup for a funny gag and like any good comedian he yes anded with the DM to a bad spot.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
In person naddpod energy is wild. Really enjoyed the dynamite trick, would they party just have been destroyed without that damage? The fight seemed close despite the big damage to everyone off the bat.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I really enjoy just how much Caldwell enables everyone to act their worst as a GM, full yes, anding the chaos offered to him.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

short rest just absurdly off the rails this week lmao

I just listened and absolutely wow.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I do like the idea of a giant and two tiny people that he can toss into hard to get places.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
:iiam:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
These dudes are mental.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Jake was not going to read 51 more books

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Birdman with the telescope would be super broken.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Yeah the latest episode was extremely good.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Would they pivot to Pathfinder as a protection from WotC trying to claim licensing to the podcast?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I got a good laugh about Jens story about the time irl Murph wasn't allowed into DTLA Library Bar.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Good poo poo getting to Murph.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
That short rest was actually less demented than I thought it was going to be.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Also Jakes back, does his kid have a "J" name?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Also they just never finished the story.

Fake edit: No mentions of James Ensor (Belgiums famous painter) for all the art history in Brussels.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

i think in a later d&d court someone takes this to its logical conclusion that you should return from banishment in the void of space because of the planet’s movement around the sun

Does DnD take place in a heliocentric world?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

You need "Emily pours tea right into the mic"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
yajirobe

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is pawpaw imaginary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Not naddpod related but I learned in an episode of game changer that Sam reich is Robert reich’s son, i did not know that. Both cool people but in completely different ways.

Also I have now seen a photo of Robert reich playing the flute nude in a garden like a gnome

Better familial relation than Rosebud Baker.