Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Through two games:

Mahomes 38/55 69% (nice), 582 yards, 10 TD, 0 Int
Mahomes opposing QBs: 73/111, 66%, 872 yards, 6 TD, 1 Int. Plus one rushing TD.

e: the fact that the Chargers and Steelers both attempted over 50 passes is partially because of the KC offense jumping out to quick leads, but I think the league has mostly just correctly identified that the pass defense is astoundingly awful.

Im all in for another greatest show on turf type team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

LiquidFriend posted:

Buy season tickets today!

I have plans to try and get to a game late in the year.

yeah going to go to a game here in a bit before the weather turns cold. I want to see this Mahomes magic in person.

That defense is probably unsustainable for any sort of real good winning team but then again, crazier poo poo has happened and if you are going to throw 6 TDs a game not a lot of games you are going to lose.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

tile tff background with this tia

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

LiquidFriend posted:

I'm not too worried. This is his first year starting and he'll get even better as they finally fire Bob Sutton and improve the D.

Pretty fired up for Jags @ Chiefs. Best defense in the NFL against Mahomes Magic in 2 weeks will answer some (awesome) questions.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Substandard posted:

The big question is if the Chiefs D can stop Bortles. I predict Mahomes with 28 points. We will see if that will do it.

Imagine saying this week 2 of last year. Love the NFL.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

LiquidFriend posted:

But seriously, tell Bob Sutton to get the gently caress out as soon as the plane lands at KCI.

:science: MCI :science:

Also, Fitz is apparently doing a bit and its the best
https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/1041429044603043840

Only registered members can see post attachments!

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Are there any seats available on the TB bandwagon?

All in on fitzmagic and the bucs being good. Tampa Bay has been lost in the wilderness for too long.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Darth Brooks posted:

The penalty Clay Mathews received is the penalty that came about because of the Anthony Barr tackle of Aaron Rodgers. The Packers should have lost the game, that way the A-Ron dick sucking NFL head office would suddenly realize their error and the stupid rule would go away.

E: that Fitz pic is amazing.

Not true actually. According to the refs it had nothing to do with the new rules

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Guys Ryan Fitzpatrick postgame garment selection has another plot twist
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1041441410443091968

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Athanatos posted:

So these 2 things combined, he put so much into the pass he came off the ground, and from the Refs view Mathews lifted as he tackled.

Seems a bad call with the slow-mo view, but in real time from behind it probably looked way worse.

So if they hit them so hard it lifts them up and slams then down that's a penalty? I just.. I dont see that in the rules anywhere and it doesn't make much sense.

All these QB rules are becoming pretty ridiculous, honestly 2 hand touch at this point makes more sense.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

College rules, start from the 40 or midfield since NFL kickers are so much more reliable.

This is cruel the vikings & browns

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Bills should trade a first for Sam Bradford imo

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

Did anyone point out yet that if the Packers just ran then ball instead of having Aaron Rodgers trying to take kill shots at the end zone they would have used up all the Vikings timeouts and probably won the game? Mike McCarthy is a big, dumb moron

Not really, the 2nd down play action was a good option, didn't the ball hit the receiver in the hands?

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

LabyaMynora posted:

Oh man, if these guys are getting fined in addition to the BS penalties, we might see a players' strike - even if it's only Defense players.

They are getting fined and it's automatic. No league review.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

LabyaMynora posted:

How on earth did the NFLPA allow this? There's going to be a mutiny by week 10.

All these competitive rule changes and fines they agreed to let the league be the decision maker with sole appeal process going to the commissioner. It went to court after one of Goddel's suspensions of players and the TLDR; of the judge's ruling was "yeah that's really stupid but it's a collective bargaining agreement and you agreed to it soooooooooooooooooooooo"

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Intruder posted:

I also would like to posit that Bill O'Brien is the worst coach in the NFL

1-32-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Intruder posted:

Would take Hue 10/10 times over Bill "That's not my job" O'Brien at this point

bob might be the most loathsome coach in the NFL but objectively not the worst.

• Locked thread