Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Discord: https://discord.gg/8JCqjg3
Blizzard Group for easy adds and joins: https://blizzard.com/invite/5EqJ2g0fld5
Blizzard EU Group: https://blizzard.com/invite/Ymx99EHr4j

Buy the Battle Edition, which doesn't have the boring Zombies mode for 29.99.
https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/call-of-duty-black-ops-4?p=46750

BATTLE.NET HAS REGIONS: IF YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH YOUR INTERNATIONAL FRIENDS YOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR REGION. THIS IS REVERSIBLE AND COMPLETELY SAFE.

Just click the Region button over

TURN OFF INTRO MOVIES IN OPTIONS. MINI MAP TO ROUND BECAUSE IT TURNS WITH YOU, MUCH EASIER TO USE WITH SENSOR DART. These should be default, but mouse cursor to show for fast map and inventory management.

Don't forget to disable Hardware Acceleration in the Blizzard launcher settings, it slows your computer down needlessly. Bottom option in the screen shot.

Call of Duty has sucked on PC for a long time, but they have finally moved from Steam with seemingly no anti-cheat to Blizzard's Battle.net which in general has had very strict anti-cheat and punishments. For the first time in a long time, it may be worth buying a COD on PC!

Blackout is the Battle Royale mode for Call of Duty Blops 4, it has a much bigger map than the regular game modes, although smaller than PUBG's or Fortnites. It has 88 players max and functions mostly like PUBG, but there are perks and gadgets available to use. It has an overall faster pace than PUBG and the time to kill is similar in some cases, or even longer if they have the best armor and are overhealed. There are vehicles as well, a quad bike, a big military truck and helicopters. The performance is somewhat similar to PC but somewhat better for most users.

The inventory system is a little confusing at first, but ultimately works well and is quick. Basically you only left click or right click something, left click is to equip or use, and right click is to drop. The only thing that is annoying is moving attachments from one gun to another. Gone are the days of clicking and dragging.

We seem to have found the ideal way to wingsuit/parachute. Look straight down and hold W until you have 3 arrows on your speed bar on the right, then look at your destination. You should be able to travel the entire length of the map.

Config editing: Here is the location of the config file. I had to edit it to change my refresh rate for whatever reason. There's other stuff you can edit, but most of the stuff on Reddit seems to come from previous Betas.

Supposed fix for bad performance from Reddit: Find worker_threads (it's near the bottom) and set the value to 1 - the amount of logical cores your CPU has (threads). Eg. I have an i7-3770, 4 cores and 8 threads. I would set this value to 8-1=7. If you have a CPU without hyperthreading, the number is simply the amount of cores - 1.

I tried the reddit thing, it gave me a ton more max FPS, but then my game stuttered a lot more. I have an 8700k (6c/12t) and setting it to 6 seems to be a good middle ground.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
88 max players atm

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can't wait for my download to finish, play 2 or 3 games where I am shot in the back within 5 minutes, then uninstalling and never touching it again.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
holy poo poo the grav (i guess some zombie assault rifle?) is loving nasty.

11 kills in a solo game leading up to a victory

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

how long will that cdkeys discount go for?

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I just picked up a loving Ray Gun off of a zombie in Asylum.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
blackout seemed pretty generic the one round I played

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Armor is too powerful. That's my hot take.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Vaah posted:

Armor is too powerful. That's my hot take.

Yea, its a bit weird to go from getting 1 shot by a shotgun to having to put a full 30 bullets into someone.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

What guns are you guys liking so far?

The Titan is an absolute beast, I tore a whole bunch of guys up with it up close with hip fire and it can even snipe in a pinch. The Auger is also sweet as hell, does a ton of damage but has a little too much drop without a long barrel. The Rampart is probably my least favorite common 7.62 gun, it has a ton of recoil without any extraordinary features. And the Zweihander tears poo poo up.

I try to avoid the burst shot 5.56 guns, and also the Spitfire since that thing kicks like a mule but still does SMG level damage.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
Titan, Maddox, VAPR and the ICR are all my picks for the best ARs (I know the titan is an LMG but whatever). The Auger is absolutely insane and the Koshka has the noticeable feature of having decent rate of fire for how hard it slaps.

Bad guns: Spitfire, pistol and the shotguns feel bad. Hopefully they get tuned up. The GKS is an acceptable SMG and the cordite can melt somebody early game if you get the drop and they don't have armor but as usual, ARs are the way to go.

TwingeCrag fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 16, 2018

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
been enjoying the beta a bit, had a few nasty crashes and I think the vehicle physics are mostly garbage, but the shooting feels good and I'm starting to get the hang of it

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
A kited out Auger DMR is a real beast. I'm always looking out for one of them.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Duos may be my jam for this game... its a little too tough to go up against full squads when your teammates linger behind looting.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

TwingeCrag posted:

the shotguns feel bad.

the pump action is a fuckin slayer. watch shroud's streams, it's wild

granted he could probably win with like a strife or something but

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

The pump sheds people without armor, but god help you if they have lvl 2/3.

My favorites around the VAPR and Rampart. I get the love for the Titan, but the RoF is just too low for me in a short range fight. Surprisingly liking the Cordite, despite SMGs being mostly lovely, feels like the skorpion from blops2.

Also, the Ray Gun is the best CQC weapon don't @ me

E: killed that zombie boss last night, motherfucker ate an entire ray gun and at least 15 mags of ammo from my squad before going down. Then it bugged out (because the circle closed beyond where it spawned?) and didn't drop anything. Managed to win that game with next to nothing for guns because we wasted it all killing it.

Vaah fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 17, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

We killed the zombie boss last night too. It dropped a ray gun, a gold paladin and something else, but it cost us so many meds and ammo, and shredded all of our armor I don’t think it was worth it.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

This thread isn't too active.. I haven't played COD since modern warfare 2. Does this game have some vitality..? It looks good but I don't want to blow $80 Canadian pesos to join a barren game that only 2 people play.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It was the most streamed game on twitch for at least five minutes and at least a dozen big PUBG streamers can’t wait to play it and leave PUBG to China

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Tenacious J posted:

This thread isn't too active.. I haven't played COD since modern warfare 2. Does this game have some vitality..? It looks good but I don't want to blow $80 Canadian pesos to join a barren game that only 2 people play.

Just ask some WOW nerd to buy it for you on a steep discount. I guess you have to be friends with them for 3 days first, but it won't be out for about a month.

Anyway, as the OP says, its highly likely battle.net will impose their own anti-cheat on it, for the first time ever in COD on PC history.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

WTF! I hadnt been following this much and downloaded this for shits, and then couldn't stop playing all weekend, now I'm sad it's gone. I'm not a big BR player, but I've played the old Dayz/H1Z1, and had PUBG since it went ea, but I really liked this. I'm going to preorder a COD for the first time since MW2? Saturday night the game was really unstable and crashed constantly and my performance was spotty and had lots of hitching. Yesterday I lowered my graphics overclock and remembered there were new drivers for the game and made room on my SSD and it was worlds better performance and only crashed a couple times. I was genuinely surprised they were able to make a map this big and have it run well and add bullet travel/drop. Although I wasn't too familiar with all the BO maps they stuck in I thought it was a great idea.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Tenacious J posted:

The game won't be out for another month, also the console thread is the more active one. CoD has been primarily a console title for years now, but the BR mode might change that.

There's pretty much zero chance the game won't be popular, even on PC. It had like 500-600k viewers on Twitch during the Blackout PC beta, the biggest game on the platform by far.

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 18, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I forgot to put shadowplay on until Sunday so I didn't get too many clips, but here are two to help you guys get through your withdrawals.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/311384230
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/311946721

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

:eyepop:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

156gb ssds are the new hotness.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
It comes with standard? Why not complete?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

They sure waited to strike while the iron was ice cold.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Woah there buddy that would be too much value

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Goon and frequent Discord visitor, Molchane, has had Blizzard bucks as of late and been selling copies for 40 to goons. The caveat is that you have to be Blizzard friends for 3 days first.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I forgot to put shadowplay on until Sunday so I didn't get too many clips, but here are two to help you guys get through your withdrawals.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/311384230
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/311946721

I forgot to get all the best clips :-/ I forgot to turn replays on and then I forgot to hit F10 to cap them... but I did manage to get a few, and to help the withdrawals I've made a video of the ones I do have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEsowpyPFpM

gently caress... I've got a Modest Mouse concert this Friday, and a birthday next week, and all I can think about is the following week when COD comes out....

Oh, edit, if you get bored at least watch the last scene. This guy, Liber8, is known in our circle for team killing in the DUMBEST most ridiculous situations...

quote:

lol dude you gotta be kidding me NUZZ
No game is safe from the Dodi(Liber8) team kill

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Preload shoudl be up. It's 65GB.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 10, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

TwingeCrag posted:

Titan, Maddox, VAPR and the ICR are all my picks for the best ARs (I know the titan is an LMG but whatever). The Auger is absolutely insane and the Koshka has the noticeable feature of having decent rate of fire for how hard it slaps.

Bad guns: Spitfire, pistol and the shotguns feel bad. Hopefully they get tuned up. The GKS is an acceptable SMG and the cordite can melt somebody early game if you get the drop and they don't have armor but as usual, ARs are the way to go.

Hell yeah im worth it

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Thunderfucks—

In less than 2 days, cool orange logo that looks like Nacho Fries game Call of Duty Blopblopblopblop comes out and I would love to do a last hoorah of some CoD game (don’t care which). Some zombies, MP, I don’t care...let’s do something cool TOMORROW NIGHT as a final sendoff.

Is there any interest in pounding that cod rear end before 4blop comes out?

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
If anyone is looking for a duo or something let me know. I stream so if you do too that's fine. I'm pretty relaxed but like to win. This feels too much like a personals ad so drug/disease free I guess.

Edit: I mostly play starting 8pm pst

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Dial M for MURDER posted:

If anyone is looking for a duo or something let me know. I stream so if you do too that's fine. I'm pretty relaxed but like to win. This feels too much like a personals ad so drug/disease free I guess.

Edit: I mostly play starting 8pm pst

Just hop in the Blizzer group and Discord, people will definitely be on at launch time.

My body is ready.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
I forgot to pre load the game when I left the house. I am so angry at myself.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

I sure hope the followed through with those armor changes.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Dial M for MURDER posted:

I forgot to pre load the game when I left the house. I am so angry at myself.

You'll have about an hour when you get home, but they might be bogged.

Vaah posted:

I sure hope the followed through with those armor changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M95YALAloJI

This is a console trash video but the updates should be universal.

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Just hop in the Blizzer group and Discord, people will definitely be on at launch time.

My body is ready.

I will be on looking to suck balls or whatever the kids refer to as "being terrible at shooty mans" nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Mulloy posted:

I will be on looking to suck balls or whatever the kids refer to as "being terrible at shooty mans" nowadays

potato