Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

The_Fuzzinator posted:

WHY THE gently caress DOES X + RIGHT MOUSE = E IN THIS GAME. gently caress

its gotta be yo keyboard.

As expected the MP in this game is absolutely ruined due to them fixing us next to consoles. I hit 10th prestige 2 weeks ago and have maybe played 5 matchs as it's Spitfires & Paladins only.

Blackout needs tickrate up, it's still very much an awesome experience but gently caress me I hate getting downed after finding cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

faantastic posted:

its gotta be yo keyboard.

As expected the MP in this game is absolutely ruined due to them fixing us next to consoles. I hit 10th prestige 2 weeks ago and have maybe played 5 matchs as it's Spitfires & Paladins only.

Blackout needs tickrate up, it's still very much an awesome experience but gently caress me I hate getting downed after finding cover.

Wouldn't be surprised been on the thing for over 8 years. Guess its time for a new one.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hi, hello.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Neon Belly posted:

Instead of playing to win the match, play to make as many other people as possible lose.

That's how I usually play BRs, it would just be neat if there was a BR that made playing like this also the most viable strategy for winning.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Apparently I won this game tonight. Here's a video from some downed idiots perspective, but I have no idea what happened.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmokyAbstemiousScallionArgieB8

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Rude

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Wait that one guy downed his team mate?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Wait that one guy downed his team mate?

Yes, pretty sure. There is no way I should have won that, but here we are. 82 IQ plays.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
The bowie knife is a total game changer. Stabbing people has the same animation as an old Half Life 2 mod where you play as an invisible rear end in a top hat with a knife and man that brought me back.

Also if you stab someone who has a trauma kit and lvl3, it doesn't quite 1 hit them, as i found out

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Cheating is getting realllllllllllly bad (Aussie). Why aren't they using Blizzards anti-cheat?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I’ve run in to very few, if any, cheaters at all in NA but I play Blackout Quads almost exclusively.

I have seen a few guys skipping around but I’m not sure if that’s being done intentionally or they legitimately have a bad connection.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

VulgarandStupid posted:

I’ve run in to very few, if any, cheaters at all in NA but I play Blackout Quads almost exclusively.

I have seen a few guys skipping around but I’m not sure if that’s being done intentionally or they legitimately have a bad connection.

I pretty much only play multi and was fine up until a few days ago. Last match I played I just watched a pubbie teammate and his buddy run around with HB50s and just hipshot everyone over and over distance was not an issue. :(

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Raged posted:

I pretty much only play multi and was fine up until a few days ago. Last match I played I just watched a pubbie teammate and his buddy run around with HB50s and just hipshot everyone over and over distance was not an issue. :(

Isn't that just bog standard COD MP?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i should have known better than to think a COD game would be good after its golden age had passed

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i should have known better than to think a COD game would be good after its golden age had passed

Blackout is good, MP is not.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

VulgarandStupid posted:

Blackout is good, MP is not.

Other way around but yeah.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
How's the PC community? Are goons ok with playing with bads (like me :))

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Tezzeract posted:

How's the PC community? Are goons ok with playing with bads (like me :))

Hop on the Discord in the OP. Usually there's one or two squads going at night. The community could be a bit bigger but a lot of people are scared because CODs on PC had tons of cheaters in the past so they didn't want to take the $60 dive. There are obviously some cheaters now, but no where near as bad as previous Steam CODs or PUBG. The community will probably grow a bit once the $30 version hits and Molchane might be able to get that for $20.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Dec 8, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yes. Join the discord and play. This is the best PC outing this game has seen.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The game is so dead in Australia. I only play HC multi and I have not been able to get a match in domination, kill confirmed or hardpoint for about and hour :(

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Raged posted:

The game is so dead in Australia. I only play HC multi and I have not been able to get a match in domination, kill confirmed or hardpoint for about and hour :(

Change your region?

I immediately get mp games in NA

Lexusbeat
Jul 8, 2008
Yeah Game is Dead in OCE on PC. Can't get a solo match for blackout anymore.
I don't know that it is even possible to change your region to US, you just have to wait five to 10 minutes fruitlessly searching until it will finally admit that there are no players in Australia & NZ and punt you to the US servers.

Not fun.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

It's right in the blizzard launcher, lower left side.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

There’s a screenshot in the OP about how to change your region...

Lexusbeat
Jul 8, 2008
OCE is considered America's in the blizzard launcher.

There isn't a distinct option to switch to US servers unfortunately, you might be able to make it work better by messing with other settings though.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Lexusbeat posted:

There isn't a distinct option to switch to US servers unfortunately, you might be able to make it work better by messing with other settings though.

While Australia is considered part of America on Battlenet we don't get to play with Americans due to ping. Asia is just as bad.

Probably my last COD game cause I suck at using a controller for shooters. :(

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Try the Asia and Europe servers and see what happens. If all else fails, make some American friends.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raged posted:

Any Aussie goons playing this? Picked it up yesterday and would mind not playing solo all the time.

Shockeh posted:

Yeah, though I don't know of any others - Shockeh#2340

Raged posted:

Lexusbeat posted:

Yeah Game is Dead in OCE on PC. Can't get a solo match for blackout anymore.
I don't know that it is even possible to change your region to US, you just have to wait five to 10 minutes fruitlessly searching until it will finally admit that there are no players in Australia & NZ and punt you to the US servers.

Not fun.

Lexusbeat posted:

Solo blackout is definitely dead in OCE. If you wait an hour and finally get put in a game it starts with 25-40 people.

For those looking for duos and quads, join the COD4 Oceania Discord server if you haven't already:

https://discord.gg/gmQyAyx

Plenty of people jumping in and out of quads most nights. NA region is used by all. Can't speak for MP as I haven't played that too much since I got it.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

17GB patch is up.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I'm not sure why armor plates can be found in the wild. They should only be from killing other players with armor... Also level 3 armor probably needs some sort of nerf if everyone is going to have topped off armor in every battle.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Definitely strikes me as a weird change. To be honest I'd probably be happier with just one tier of armour that could be repaired. Even them I'm iffy on the repairing.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

BurgerQuest posted:

Definitely strikes me as a weird change. To be honest I'd probably be happier with just one tier of armour that could be repaired. Even them I'm iffy on the repairing.

I mean, I'm an aggressive player who is going for kills and it does feel pretty bad to get punished for engaging more players and lose my armor all the time. So repairable armor is a good solution. If I kill people, I should have the ability to fix my armor or even trade up. However, they increased the armor durability as well so it's basically impossible to break someone's armor before you kill them. They didn't reduce armor damage reduction to match the TTK we had previously so now TTK is longer. On top of that, they've added world spawn armor plates, which means people who haven't killed other players can repair their armor too, and they're super common. The repairable armor is also creating an issue because level 3 armor is super common, it can be found on the floor or in random green crates, although zombie crates and airdrops can have them as well. The latter two involve some amount of risk taking, while the former two do not. In the end, you have unstoppable juggernauts who got lucky by getting two level 3 armors from a green crate early on and repaired them after every engagement regardless if they won or loss, that you can't even outplay because they have protection against headshots.

Edit: I forgot to add armor repair has no opportunity cost. The plates got a brand new inventory space, similar to ammo. The act if repairing takes 2 seconds, but does not interrupt any actions so you can heal and repair at the same time, or even shoot and repair at the same time.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 14, 2018

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

VulgarandStupid posted:

The act if repairing takes 2 seconds, but does not interrupt any actions so you can heal and repair at the same time, or even shoot and repair at the same time.
That's stupid as hell and I hope they change it.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Yeah they really need to lower the frequency of world spawns of armor plate, they’re somewhere in between red and white meds in terms of frequency right now and should probably be more like trauma kits. And maybe make corpses with not completely destroyed armor drop a couple anyway because yeah you’re not breaking armor very much anymore.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004
Won my first solo match. Easily had a full inventory of plates and kept my level 3 armor up. Infinite head protection def needs a nerf. Maybe they can separate helmet and armor durability and make the helmet non-repairable.

Also makes you less likely to need to loot late game for armor so it’ll encourage more camping :(

animist
Aug 28, 2018
i am extremely bad at this game

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

animist posted:

i am extremely bad at this game

Join the club.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Played a bunch of the close quarters combat Blackout playlist today. It's basically pistols/shotguns/SMGs only with extremely fast circles. It's great practice for pushing enemies constantly and looting only the essentials because the circle is always on your rear end. The new 3 round burst SMG was in this mode, but it seems largely forgettable as well as the MP40 that was changed to spawn anywhere in this mode as well. The real star is the Strife, as it has the most reliable range and around 40 per shot at close range, though I'm sure the drop off is relatively quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Had a pretty fun ending on Hydro. Here it is from BCRock's POV.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryNiceBisonWutFace