Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Bot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
I'm so ready. My body is ready, this bag of doritos and livewire mountain dew is ready, my willingness to actually begin streaming is ready.

It's all comin up blopsie

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I'm 3 GFools in (GFuel and Tequila) and microwaving so many pizza rolls that I won't have to leave my chair forever. We're going to have so much fun you guys!

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.

RizieN posted:

I'm 3 GFools in (GFuel and Tequila) and microwaving so many pizza rolls that I won't have to leave my chair forever. We're going to have so much fun you guys!

send your pizza rolls to my web zone

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Mulloy posted:

send your pizza rolls to my web zone

Sorry but the rest of the gaming world has moved onto Devour. Totino's is out.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

hell yeah, buying PC CoD, no chance I'm gonna regret this

shamefully low on dewritos though, might need to make a late night winco run

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

PSA new 3-burst pistol sux, even kitted out

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Game seems to have some kind of memory crash going on atm

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Game has a lot of issues right now.

The most important one is...Why are the bushes SOLID? This isn't 1997 everquest. ffs

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Philthy posted:

The most important one is...Why are the bushes SOLID? This isn't 1997 everquest. ffs

Conscious design choice to remove bush-camping, apparently.

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.
Game is super fun. No bugs for me. Really hard to stop and go to bed. By far my favorite br game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Vaah posted:

PSA new 3-burst pistol sux, even kitted out

So it's the RK5 all over again? Bummer.

LGD posted:

shamefully low on dewritos though, might need to make a late night winco run

fyi, you get double XP if you buy Monster Energy.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
do the regions on dodgy key sites matter for this game

ie: https://www.cdkeys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=black+ops+4

can i save $20 and buy the african one and play it in Australia? i thought blizzard allowed you to just switch regions

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The game is having some weird issue with the game and my Acer X34 not letting me have higher than 60hz. I guess I will have to use my sub optimal XB270HU to get those high refresh rates... And let me tell you, this game is so fast paced it really makes a difference.

Other than that, game is good. Dunkman claims he had bug where I had no indicator over my head and he gunned me down. Hopefully its not common. I eventually got revived and then killed 3 of the enemy squad with the USP or whatever pistol that is.

I didn't get great opportunities to use the new guns not from beta. The 93R looking pistol, that is also 3rd burst seems easily forgettable. The Hades, which is a 5.56 MG with a giant tube magazine didn't seem all that great. I briefly had the M14 looking .338 DMR, called the "SDM" but I didn't have a chance to put long range shots on anyone. The new .50 cal MG does rock though.

Edit: added this to the OP but save yourself some time and shut off intro movies:

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Oct 12, 2018

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
We all walked away disappointed last night. A third of our players couldn't get the game to run more than 10 seconds. I'm getting shot through walls. The graphics look worse than PUBG and the framerate is somehow half of PUBG. I know it's release but got drat they have some serious work to do.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i dont think the graphics are that great but the framerate has been stellar for me :shrug:

running it all settings maxed @ 1440

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
runs real smooth for me and has great gunplay.

gently caress armor tuning though

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain
Have there been any changes to the head bobbing since beta or was anything added to the options for it? Want to pick this up but the beta screwed with my eyes when I tried it.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Philthy posted:

You can vault over some of them!

Statutory Ape posted:

i dont think the graphics are that great but the framerate has been stellar for me :shrug:

running it all settings maxed @ 1440

Man... I'm barely getting 80-90 FPS at 1440p(144 GSync) on my RTX 2080Ti, i7 7700k, 16gb ram... I lowered my poo poo to medium too. My buddy has nearly an identical set up and is pinned at 120 where the game is currently locked.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

BCRock posted:

Conscious design choice to remove bush-camping, apparently.

So why are there trees in the game still?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

RizieN posted:

You can vault over some of them!

Man... I'm barely getting 80-90 FPS at 1440p(144 GSync) on my RTX 2080Ti, i7 7700k, 16gb ram... I lowered my poo poo to medium too. My buddy has nearly an identical set up and is pinned at 120 where the game is currently locked.

1080ti/8700k (both OC'd) 32g/3400 all maxed and running 1440 upscaled to 130, 1440/144/gsync, fov @max

idk if upscaling the resolution actually does anything for me

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
A while back I went from an i7 2700k to a 7700k, I think the 7700k sucks. At the time I had worse performance when streaming with the 7700 than the 2700... Perhaps thats my bottleneck? Ridiculous if it is though...

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I really don't think COD needs an 8th gen i7 to run on max settings lol. More likely a driver optimization for your 2 week old gpu :shrug:

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

There's definitely some sort of memory leak or optimization issue causing the out of memory issue/crash. I got it back in beta as well as now until I lowered my setting to medium/low.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
in the beta my vram usage would slow climb all the way to max utilization if i played at about medium. then my 2080ti drivers were literally BSODing my computer, so i had to clean install my entire driver/GPU setup.

at this point i think it's a combination of the game being optimized weirdly and also a new GPU that's still working thru the kinks.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Blackout is good as gently caress, feels like the perfect PUBG killer, which is nice because PUBG is a genuinely awful game.

Inventory could use some work. I'm glad they fixed weapon pickups from the beta, you don't have to look directly at poo poo now and just sorta standing with it in front of you is enough to show an icon. The downside is they didn't tune it quite right and it's hard to pick up ammo on the other side of a gun you don't want.

PS if you wanna keep your sensitivity from other games you can use a tool I made

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

has the FPS lock been lifted? I see DrDis streaming and his fps counter is over 120 now

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

its good folks

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yep. It the best game in the world

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Photex posted:

has the FPS lock been lifted? I see DrDis streaming and his fps counter is over 120 now

I turn off Vsync on my 1080ti and get anywhere from 120 to 250 or so on the fps counter. This is in MP though, I haven't tried Blackout yet.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jbz posted:

its good folks

whoa, nice jerk off crystals

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Photex posted:

I think in the behind the scenes video they did for digital foundry they said the cap is supposed to be 120 with an increase later?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Turn off the last 4 settings... that helped a lot.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I was getting peaks close to 200 according to nvidia overlay

idk why the game didnt cap it to my refresh rate since it surely asked me what i wanted that to be :shrug:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Philthy posted:

If you can phase through and occupy the same space as wooden branches, then mister; you're a better man than I.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
I'm intimidated by all the mohawks but game is more fun than expected.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Game must be pretty good. Shroud has been on for 20 straight hours lol.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I thought I redeemed a bunch of pre-order garbage like a weapon skin and some cod points, where are they?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
there is a weird nvidia fatal crash that seems to happen when you skin the rocket launcher if that helps anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

dont skin the red rocket