Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Dumb question but you have to visually pick everything up, yeah?

I’m kind of used to clicking and dragging from a list these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
cod blops. blopsin some cod.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
this game fuckin crushes pubg
dang

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
My only major gripe is the depth of field being loving atrocious and not being able to get 144 or 165 fps on a 1080 ti/OC'd i7-8700k rig(in blackout anyway.)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Okay, we got one of our guys working again. Data Execution Protection in his anti-virus was causing it to crash whenever the intro movie played or whenever any in-between wait scenes. What a weird freakin' issue to have.

Installed the latest NVidia driver and my FPS is consistently around 80fps now. It's smooth as silk for me finally. Also played some RoE and now my FPS is in the low 100s when it was around 70 previous.

This latest video driver added a turbo boost or someshit to all my games. What the fucccck.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Need some ideas for my emblem. Help a brother out. Please don't say a swastika made of dicks.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

VulgarandStupid posted:

Need some ideas for my emblem. Help a brother out. Please don't say a swastika made of dicks.

:haw:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

VulgarandStupid posted:

i figure no reason to reinvent the wheel here

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is there ranked matchmaking? The thing that made me stop playing PUBG was when I tried playing less passively and dropped my ranking to the bottom 1% to practice actually fighting people and I kept getting matched up against top 1000 players :saddowns:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i like my little emblem that i mashed out in 5 minutes

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

That burger has a family!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Fingers did a pretty faithful re-creation of my BF1 emblem that RageBusket made for me, but there's now way to share it yet.

Here's the BF1 one:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

this sucks dick i cant get a game of blackout at all. it just matches me in with 5 people who leave then the lobby closes.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

juggalo baby coffin posted:

this sucks dick i cant get a game of blackout at all. it just matches me in with 5 people who leave then the lobby closes.

Do you live in Micronesia or something? I get matched to full games in under 10 seconds every time.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Siets posted:

Do you live in Micronesia or something? I get matched to full games in under 10 seconds every time.

Well I guess since you don't have a problem with matchmaking then no one else does unless they're causing it!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Siets posted:

i live in london, england

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

DrNutt posted:

Well I guess since you don't have a problem with matchmaking then no one else does unless they're causing it!

Counterpoint: I guess since one guy posted he has a problem everyone must have said problem! :bahgawd:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i live in london, england

do you play on the Americas server?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Trying to make some siccccckkkkk skins for all my guns, but I can't tell what skins are really selected on what guns, or even how to copy them from one gun to another. I figured out how to get an icon over into the clipboard but it empties when I go into another gun? da gently caress?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

ive managed to erase my gun skins immediately after making them every time ive tried

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Is there a list of changes from the beta?

Is armor still ridiculously OP?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Skyarb posted:

Is there a list of changes from the beta?

Is armor still ridiculously OP?

quote:

Blackout:
- Level 3 Armor has a reduced spawn rates in the world. Less often in the world now.
- Changes to Muzzle Flashes coming for release: they don’t want it to impact your field of view. They want it shown to you in a dark room, not all the time. Muzzle Flashes are now improved for launch.
- Changes also have been made to what you see on screen when you’re outside the zone. Not as much red on your screen, “feels appropriate to being outside.”

Audio Updates:
- Fixed audio issues between walls/etc, that wasn’t working properly in beta
- Teammates foot steps are now quieter
- Under Audio Options in Settings, there’s many mix settings to work for your play style, including headphone option for those who were annoyed with the pre-stage deployment sounds.
- New option, tap to pick up, added for consoles. They are actively discussing making tap to pick up items default, hold to pick an option. Picking up items is a lot faster. Don’t have to look down anymore.

HUD Updates:
- You’ll see when your teammates are downed now.
- Top right corner of your screen: Kills + Cleanups. Kills — put in down state; Clean up — finishing enemy off down state.
- Updated After Action Report in Blackout, can also see Squad stats
- As you level up in Blackout, every 20 levels, you will get a new Blackout character. There’s a total of 80 levels in Blackout.
- Changes to the Merit System to better suit the mode based on feedback. Earn merit, 10 points, for kills. More merit earned for placement in matches.
- Hit markers are now different for what you’re hitting. Specific hit marker for hitting a vehicle versus hitting a player.

Some changes to Armor since the start of the Beta include:

- Spawn frequency of Level 3 Armor has been reduced by 75% compared to its initial spawn rate in the Beta.
- Level 3 Armor will now most frequently be found in Stashes and Supply Drops, though it may occasionally spawn in the world.
- Level 3 Armor now breaks sooner and passes more damage to the player wearing it, and still offers headshot and other types of damage mitigation. We’ve heard your concerns that Level 3 Armor was still perhaps too powerful by the end of the Beta, and will be evaluating the data to see what other tweaks may be required.
- Level 2 Armor was also minorly adjusted during the Beta and will potentially be tweaked further in time for launch.
- Players will see an indicator of the condition of their own Armor, and those of their teammates, in the HUD. This provides a more granular indicator of the damage that your Armor has taken beyond the Armor icon and will let you know if it’s time to seek out a replacement.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Hard to put my finger on it but the game feels so much more visually noisy than pubg.

But, the movement.

My god, the movement.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

This game is fantastic and I wish I had people to stack with in Multiplayer.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Kazinsal posted:

This game is fantastic and I wish I had people to stack with in Multiplayer.

Is there a discord we could use?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Still mostly suck at this, but Blackout is just so fun. It's quick enough that even if we all wipe by having an entire squad in a closet and someone accidentally hits e instead of w and we all burn alive from the molotov that we can just jump right back in quick.

The mobility is fantastic. Vaulting, sliding and climbing is just so fluid and FUN.

Gliders are sometimes bugged which leads to some hilarious deaths as well.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

We have a blizzard group and discord in the OP

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

RBX posted:

We have a blizzard group and discord in the OP

It's almost like they want me to litter the OP with geocities-era animated fire and under-construction gifs.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Maybe some lens flare too please.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's almost like they want me to litter the OP with geocities-era animated fire and under-construction gifs.

Unironically should, coward

Also the paladin is insane in MP and should not be the first unlock for snipers

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I had a few minutes to kill last night and dipped into the regular MP modes for the fist time. Played 4 or 5 rounds of solo FFA and, yeah, each time there were 3 other dudes just annihilating everyone with the Paladin. Is that stupid thing a OHK no matter where it hits you?

Also might need to make a new mouse profile with a higher sensitivity for regular MP since there's so much more close range jumpy/slidy fights compared to Blackout/PUBG where my poo poo is dialed in for.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

VulgarandStupid posted:

There are currently ZERO flashing alarm gifs around the links to the discord in the OP so how do you expect anyone to find it??

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Akumos posted:

My only major gripe is the depth of field being loving atrocious and not being able to get 144 or 165 fps on a 1080 ti/OC'd i7-8700k rig(in blackout anyway.)

They have it frame locked for a little while. Something about stability.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently all the streamer memers favor the KN. Goons confirm? I’m having a hard time getting a feel for the guns in this game since they are all so wildly different than your classic M4, AK, etc.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Siets posted:

Apparently all the streamer memers favor the KN. Goons confirm? I’m having a hard time getting a feel for the guns in this game since they are all so wildly different than your classic M4, AK, etc.

The KN is an AK with extra wires on it. Look at the reload animation.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Siets posted:

The default KN class with the red dot and fast mags felt completely capable.

And what Vulgar said; ignore the future skins, there's a :psylon: equivalent for pretty much every contemporary weapon (M4, AK, AUG, etc.).

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 14, 2018

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

How do you keep from being utterly ruined once a team starts to have an edge in multiplayer? Just did a domination where we finished like 51 - 200 and by the second round we were stuck in spawn with a seemingly infinite number of attack choppers, dogs, AC-130s, and whatever else overhead as the enemy just camped our spawn from A or C or whatever was closer to us. Most times I didn't live long enough to get a gun out so not sure if that's just a quit and leave situation or not but it's happened several times so looking for advice in case it isn't a no-win!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

How do you keep from being utterly ruined once a team starts to have an edge in multiplayer? Just did a domination where we finished like 51 - 200 and by the second round we were stuck in spawn with a seemingly infinite number of attack choppers, dogs, AC-130s, and whatever else overhead as the enemy just camped our spawn from A or C or whatever was closer to us. Most times I didn't live long enough to get a gun out so not sure if that's just a quit and leave situation or not but it's happened several times so looking for advice in case it isn't a no-win!

If you're with a team, regroup at halftime. Slow down and hold power positions.
If not, lol

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

It was with two other folks but it was right after half time that everything started falling out of the sky so I guess maybe their team just took that advice better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I tried the reddit thing for threads_workload or whatever. It helped initially but I got a lot more hitches. I've set it to 6 now, but I have 6c/12t, and it's working pretty well.