Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
I’m in. Sent my info to the OP. I’m excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
I’m still waiting for mine and also haven’t sent one out. Mine will be posted tomorrow. Sorry to my recipient—it’s been a crazy January.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I got my trading cards from Johnny on the Spot! Thanks so much!!! :syoon:

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

YEAHHHHHHH it made it!!!! So glad that you like it. :dance:

Edit: Which image hosting platform should I use? Is imgur still the standard?

durrneez fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 11, 2019

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Sure, if you want! I’m neck deep in wedding planning and haven’t had time to make a flat lay and post.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Yes, please delay a week!

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

My card has been sent but I haven't received anything.

I’m going to work on yours during my lunch break tomorrow. Should be there by this weekend.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Krispy Wafer posted:

I think the current system is probably fine. We're having a little trouble getting the hang of it, but we'll figure it out.

And to the Goonette in California who got my February submission, I hope it's arrived. It went out from the corporate mail room 2 weeks ago and the fact no one's mentioned receiving it means I I shouldn't send personal mail from work anymore.

Actually, I'm not sure if anyone has received my last two cards.

I got your February card on the 28th.

BEHOLD, WAFER GLORY!!:

Johny-on-the-spot, my apologies for the delay. February card is going out today.

durrneez fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 11, 2019

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

lofi posted:

That's kind of the problem. There's 14 people on the list, and a hell of a lot fewer than 14 posts about receiving cards each month.

I think that the problem right now is that we’re lacking in accountability. There aren’t any consequences for not sending a card or sending one super late, like myself.

For reddit gift exchanges, participants self-report if they’ve sent or received their item. If a gifter doesn’t send one or has multiple offenses, then that gifter is barred from any subsequent exchanges. Also, there’s a pool of people who volunteer to be others’ backup gifters in case someone’s original gifter bails.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Omg it’s beautiful!!!! :captainpop:

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Yay!!! It made it!!!

I was laughing with my husband after I sealed the pastel that I didn’t do a great job at creating height and size context; Slendy could be very tall or very small depending on if you interpret the trees as trees or as misshapen cake pops. ;)

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Let’s chat about technique!

Do you make a larger piece and then scale it to fit on the card, print, then ship? Or do you make your art directly on the card?

I cut the substrate (uh, i have no idea what the proper word is) into trading card size and then make my piece directly on the card. I then take a picture for the gram and send it off.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Johny-on-the-Spot, is the D&D card your “monster” February card?

Thanks for posting, Ben Neverine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

lofi posted:

Right, I've emailed the four goons I've not heard from... The problem with this system being whether I start doing April's cards, and try juggling multiple sets of email, assuming the silent goons are still up for it.

This is getting complex! :ohdear:

Gimme 6 weeks to get my life in order and I can help out with logistics. I used to be a math/science tutor for middle and high school students so I have no problem being stern.