Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The manga is one of my favorite and the anime PV looks good so gonna be on ground floor for this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Loved the early 00/late 90's shoujo romance vibe. Been craving that without problematic romance and this has it. Real happy episode 1 was this way

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The train scene was 100% romance anime cliche but that probably became my number 1 favorite train scene by direction yes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's such a good loving cliche though. :allears:

Watched episode 2, still delighted with how the adaptation is coming together. If we average 2, 2.5 chapters per episode going forward that'll be a really solid pace, the production is pretty solid, the directing is sappy and cheesy in all of my favorite ways, and I'm really delighted with how the voice cast is nailing their performances. Takada's Yuu is better than I expected so far - and I expected her to be pretty solid - and Kotobuki and Kayano as Touko and Sayaka are just flawless.

This really is classic shoujo romance anime and I'm glad it's leaning into it in the direction

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This was probably the best directed episode just for some great shot framing and visual yes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd agree it was a mostly workman like episode except for a really great bit of directing and animation when Maki confronted Yuu about the kiss and Yuu thought about Touko. Just well framed and really great Sakuga

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Book joke at the start of the episode had an amazing pay off

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Perhaps the best directed episode of the lot with some neat reflection and framing tricks. Also drat the end scene

Probably will switch to non HIDIVE subs though and just have the HIDIVE in background when I granblue though

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I hope Sayaka finds a girl that will love her a lot that isn't Touko and I've rarely wished that for the third member of a romance triangle

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sayaka's anger at her old "friend" at the start of the episode was so good and also god drat a pretty good take down of school girl phase Yuri too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ponytail Touko is a strong look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I liked the ending as much as any "we still have more story to go" ending. Hopefully we get a second series or a movie to wrap things up. Series seems to be selling okay and I suspect a manga boost in sales so hopefully we'll see more