Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Homura and Sickle posted:

i really enjoy the manga and am quite excited for a modern yuri anime that isn't an offensive pile of poo poo like ntr or citrus
Citrus isn't an offensive pile of poo poo, and the author of this manga both loves citrus, and also loves akuma no riddle and touhou incest doujins, so perhaps go elsewhere for your uwu non-problematic yuri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

I liked riddle.

akuma no riddle rules.

anyway sincerely: citrus has tons of issues and the start of it is like, freaking weird, but it has an energy, excitement, and a genuine desire to explore how society's hosed up standards for women and lesbians lead to them internalizing lovely behaviors and weird self-images, to the point that they view even their own sexuality as a weapon to hurt other people with, and the process of healing through that through earnest, genuine companionship. It is totally fair to criticize it for its many missteps, but it is a manga written by a woman, enjoyed by lesbians, that is meant to explore genuine issues that affect lesbians, based on the author's experiences growing up in an all girls' school and having weird views of herself.

It's fine to call it messy, it's fine to call it stupid, it's even fine to call it trashy and bad, but calling it 'an offensive pile of poo poo' for not meeting the arbitrary standards works about lesbians have to live up to (mostly defined by men and straight women) is genuinely beyond the pale. Criticism is one thing, acting like it somehow sets lesbianism back is another.

Bloom into You can be good without tearing down things that are trying, in their own ways. We don't need to madonna-whore complex yuri manga.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the most woke yuri anime is wixoss

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I said you could criticize it, just not call it an 'offensive pile of poo poo.' One is 'I didn't like this choice the author made,' the other is 'this work is offensive, as a whole.' Nowhere did I say you had to like Citrus or weren't allowed to be put off by its missteps. I just think the trend of telling people what works about lesbian do and don't have inherent value, really sucks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

was this all a trap to get someone to ask in which jurisdictions non-blood related stepsiblings counts as incest
this post sucks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gmq posted:

If you have read Bloom Into You, do you think the anime is going to be a better experience? I'm getting curious enough to read the manga.
Not sure. The anime's director is pretty unknown and while it has a very talented screenwriter its unlikely there'll be any big changes or added stuff or anything, short of filling out a few scenes and general pacing changes to fit the format. The character designs and VA cast are both pretty strong, but I can't imagine it outright improving on the manga in a significant way. Overall, if you prefer animation as a medium go with that, but if not you can read the manga and be fine, probably. It's not the kind of thing with a lot of things that'd be really exciting to see animated, it's obviously a pretty slow, talky sort of experience.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the lesbian cops in psycho pass

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

Don't worry, the two of them will find some nice boys after they grow out of it like in all anime.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
gently caress you. Go get permabanned. I know this is from four days ago, but eat poo poo.

Spiritus Nox posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vQX6hyTn5qMpgEDM8l23HyiSrpV1qtAyXGPrRvQOJDHvHeWiUbCvECQ8KhJeCi81Q3-ziwuOXT1zzbY/pub

Reddit translated a recent interview with Nakatani and her editor, Kusunoki. Lots of good stuff in here, even if the translation's pretty rough. There are technically a couple of manga images from past where the anime's gotten, but the text isn't translated and there's nothing obviously spoilery happening, so anime-only people should be good.
Hey, funfact, 'do you wanna go out' is recced in this interview and my scanlation group is, well, scanlating that. Things are a little slow due to difficulty getting raws (read: our source for it is terrible at chapter numbers) but what we do have up is really good, so I thought I'd promote it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Revalis Enai posted:

Hot take: Citrus is bad

wrong

Spiritus Nox posted:

Let’s not get into a pissing match over whose favorite Yuri is best, thanks

yuri lowell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ngl i kinda hate this stuff. yuu's got a complex relationship with her own romantic identity but the author literally calls it 'yuri' and 'a love story,' it kinda feels like yet another excuse for people to go 'actually this lesbian romance anime isnt actually about lesbians'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its been ranking okay in terms of bd sales. in the 3000/4000 range which isn't blowing the roof off but makes it one of the better selling things from this season, though it isn't close to competing with gridman and zombieland which are the big hits this season. bd sales are just one metric, and an imperfect one at that, but the show's doing reasonably well.