Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I tried this Manga once back in my feverish Yuri consumption phase, but bounced off of it pretty early on. Now that I've heard so many positive things about it I gave it another chance, and I'm glad I did, 'cause it's actually really good!
It's funny, one of the reasons I dropped it was because of how bored I was of the "third wheel best friend with a doomed crush on one of the main characters" trope but now Sayaka is my favourite character. Making her hesitation to rock the boat and confess less about a pathological attachment to the status quo and more about respecting Touko's boundaries and flaws, and giving her an already-existing history of struggle with queerness and relationships in a genre usually more interested in First Love makes her an interesting and likeable character. She comes across as very noble, and I do hope she'll get some kind of happy ending, even with the inevitable heartbreak coming her way.

I also liked this one-shot by the author.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU