Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

When does this start airing and who is doing the subbing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dammit :smith:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I showed that to a friend:

quote:

Yeah, that's refreshing from a medium where I don't think I can actually name another adult bluntly-actually-lesbian character I've seen.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Endorph posted:

ngl i kinda hate this stuff. yuu's got a complex relationship with her own romantic identity but the author literally calls it 'yuri' and 'a love story,' it kinda feels like yet another excuse for people to go 'actually this lesbian romance anime isnt actually about lesbians'

I think a lot of this stems from homophobia. Unfortunately, a significant amount of yuri (not sure about yaoi, someone else can chime in) plays into the "just a phase" or "two girls at an all girl school get super close but drift away in the end". The "it's just a phase" part ties into a nice "yeah, same-sex relations aren't healthy in the long run, therefore" argument you hear a lot.

I know there was a manga recently, and I'm almost positive it's this one but I could be well wrong (I read a lot), where one of the characters was romantically involved with another, but the other said "it was a phase." The main character said no, it wasn't, much to the dismay of the other.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nielsm posted:

First part of episode 8, before the OP, of this very anime covers that scene.

What I thought! Thanks for the confirmation.