Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Friend recommended me a couple of manga series to get into yuri (Wife and Wife was one of them) and I had heard good things about this show so I decided to add it on to the heap of stuff I'm already watching this season.

Holy poo poo I love this show. Such a ridiculously cute couple. Nanami squeeing out at the photo was great.

Also, ED is up there as one of my favs. Apparently it's based on a phone case which looks pretty snazzy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I got spoiled about the big stuff next episode so I read ahead a couple of chapters and whoo boy I can't wait to see that animated and soundtracked.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Motherfucking excellent episode today, slam-dunk-delivered on maybe my single favorite scene in the entire manga to date. Be sure to stay after the credits. Also beware the HiDive subs, makes a couple of small but weighty errors that really fog up the context. Strongly recommend using Asenshi's subs instead with this one, or at least taking a look at the Seven Seas or 4S translations of the last chapter of Volume 2 to get a better TL.

Yuu promising Touko 'I can't fall in love with you' instead of 'I won't fall in love with you' is fairly inconsistent with what we've seen of her inner feelings to this point, to say nothing of what comes later IMO - and a more critical error is in the post-credits, where Touko says "If Yuu were ever to change, I wouldn't love her any more" instead of doing what every manga TL I've ever seen does and translating it as "If I were ever to change, people would stop loving me." Really incensed at that one tbh - where the manga TL emphasizes that Touko, on a fundamental level, does not see herself as worth loving and is terrified of accidentally driving Yuu away, the HiDive subs make it look like she's some creepy posessive weirdo who's conciously, deliberately attempting to ensnare Yuu somehow - reflects awfully on her as a character based solely on a stupid subject change.

Yeah, I read the manga version recently and that translation really made me go ???

Agree on the absolutely beautiful episode, though. That metaphorical train syncing with an actual train, drat. The recut ED was also really good IMO.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I couldn't help myself and read the manga. I really really really hope that we get a season 2 so that we can see the play and Yuu's confession. I have the feeling that this season will end on the aquarium date.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

Wait so Touko want's a distant Yuu that she can never actually have a real romantic relationship with? That seems pretty unhealthy.

Minor manga spoilers about stuff that might be self-evident: Touko has an extremely low self-esteem and basically says that "she can't love someone who loves someone that she hates (i.e. herself)". So yeah, it's pretty unhealthy.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Manga stuff: At least the way that they manage to work through Tokou's issues turned out really well thanks to Yuu's help. Shame it's probably not going to be adapted this season. But hey, everything's hunky dory for Tokou and Yuu now :v:

... until that loving second bridge scene :ohdear: I just want these two to be happy dammit :negative:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hooray, Sayaka episode and more cafe lady. I hope the Sayaka prequel LN they announced will get a translation some time.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Touko's o_o face and Yuu's reaction were pretty much perfect examples of animated body language.

Also, Sayaka owned bones at the bit at the start. No lesbian shaming in this good show.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 23, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oh sweet, I adore the ED so I'll check it out.

Edit: you're right, the ED companion song is really really good. Not sure if I would preferred it to the actual ED, but it's up there.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Nov 28, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If anyone's reading the manga, this month's issue shows how Riko and Miyako got together in college. Cute read, don't really tie in to the current story at all.

Link to a fan translation

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah, they're basically a big beacon of hope for the future for the younger girls, along with being an advice dispensary with actually good advice. We need more good mentor characters in high school series.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Things getting a bit hot and heavy in here. Shame we didn't see Riko-sensei's hilariously bad running adapted.

I think the insert song is the companion song for the OP? It's nice either way.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

After-credits scene this episode! That dream :smith:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Strong Sayaka face game

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Aw sweet, they managed to use Suki, Igai no Kotoba de as an insert song. Ended pretty much where I expected it to end, but it was still pretty satisfying. Here's to season 2!

Edit: sneaky final line about having to change trains too. Smooth.

Someone did a snazzy mashup of Hectopascal and Suki. It's not bad.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 29, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sadly I can't find the manga in physical stores where I live or from local online retailers so I'll need to ship them in if I ever want them :negative:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New chapter. Sayaka's only gone and done it in completely unambiguous terms. Wonder how Touko will respond?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Official anthology! It's cute.