Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i havent found anything about this in english-speaking news

https://brasil.elpais.com/brasil/2018/09/17/politica/1537142202_233134.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

brazilian guy i was talking to on discord posted:

women made a page of "women against Bolsonaro", in less then a week it had one million followers on facebook
then hackers got into the administrator accounts and changed the name to "Women united for Bolsonaro"

and now both his son and him, in their twitter accounts, said they are happy about the suport, and talking how the left will erase this account and turn into something else against them

acussing them of doing what they have done.

before the acussed it was a humor page who got the name changed, but fact checkers proved that was wrong, it was a new page.

now women in the page are being theartened and doxed, while the right wing are acussing of them to take the right wing page they took, after Facebook adminstration entered to recover the page

https://noticias.uol.com.br/comprov...no-facebook.htm

quote:

proving the page is actually new and not fake made from a humor page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
ed balls

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
agreed but also stuff like this sets me on fire like nothing else and id like to spread this

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

all of em

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i mean if you want to spread it around english news then glenn greenwald since he lives in brazil and speaks portuguese

but i'm not sure english media are going to care

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

maybe check out like splinter news or the intercept? id say check a few stories to see if there's a reporter who covers a similar beat and see if you can put together a few articles that establish a broader narrative and give them a generla context

poo poo hosed tho

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Honest answer is you're going to have a tough time finding a reporter who can convince an editor to do a story about a Brazilian Facebook group, even for a story as wild as this

American media doesn't care about the rest of the world except as it pertains to America or the like 5 foreign countries that Americans think are special

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jose posted:

i mean if you want to spread it around english news then glenn greenwald since he lives in brazil and speaks portuguese

yeah greenwald is the best bet for this

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i thought hes in russia

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Tollymain posted:

i thought hes in russia

No he merely supports Russia, his husband is Brazilian

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Try Ashley Feinberg, too.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jose posted:

also let us know if the fbi suddenly arrest you after doing this

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

glenn greenwald is the only person i can see giving a poo poo about this. otherwise, post about it in the brazilian election thread here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mayor Dave posted:

Honest answer is you're going to have a tough time finding a reporter who can convince an editor to do a story about a Brazilian Facebook group, even for a story as wild as this

American media doesn't care about the rest of the world except as it pertains to America or the like 5 foreign countries that Americans think are special

or want to overthrow

you could tell worker's world, they do worldwide stories, but they dont have the resources for real deep journalism, they'd probably just reprint what you email them. it'd signal boost the story though

• Locked thread