Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The bluepoint remake rumors at least for 1 have been going around for a while and have always stunk of bs to me. I hope the port of the collection is real though, if anything I’m surprised they didn’t also port it to PS4

yeah i know people would have bough tit if they ported it to ps4. for example: i would have bought that!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

kind of hosed up that you keep your family's remains in a video game console, lyle.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

apprently some dickhead got etherium running on a ps5 so it can be used to mine crypto. good fuckin luck getting one now

but i want to play final fantasy 7 later.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

...the Denver Broncos?!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

i dont understand any of this poo poo, so if you have a garage full of video cards and a bitcoin or whatever is worth $30k how long does it take you to get one of those things. Is this like a hobby thing or do companies just have farms of these things running

paging one of seraph's many permabanned accounts.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

you can buy the entire collection that has like... everything up to 3 for the PS4, that's when i finally played 1 and the beginning of 2.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Thank You Sony

the dollar amounts here are actually your prison sentence if you purchase this game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Last of Us, PS5 updates
  • more epic neck-snapping sounds
  • new zombie death sound effects, recorded from Darksyde Phil eating his lunch
  • the giraffes are taller and more majestic
  • dynamic testicles on the giraffes
  • you can name the giraffes
  • ellie's wall in the collapsed house now has a poster for bloodborne so you can imagine playing a better game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

Hearing my credit cards crack as the bowie knife juts through them, plus the wet slosh of guts sfx that they already had in their audio library, in glorious spacial 3d audio thanks to ps5 tempest chip. What a time to be a gamer

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

[Neil Druckmann to his employees] You see rotten dot com? You can go there

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

naughty dog boss going apoplectic when he finds out the automated software has blocked liveleak

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Naughty Dog devs wondering how on earth they just got a wayfair dresser full of Haitian kids in the mail while Rareware staff gleefully crack open a crate and screech as a bunch of cadavers spill out

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

i wish you could goldmine one page of a thread

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

people on the train calling the transit police when someone's headphone jack becomes unplugged while playing The Last of Us: Mobile Scream

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

in a surprise 2021 twist, Sega is going to buy the PS3 game emulation rights and release a new console.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Klowner posted:

Goldmine the imp zone

it's seriously been on a roll lately

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Coming back to the future and realizing Jeffrey Dahmer is the President now, he made so much money off of backwards engineering a Playstation 5

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

John Romero posted:

my one year old was playing with the ps5 remote this morning and bought final fantasy xiv, had to try to connect to their support chat all day to get a refund, thank you sony

lol. my 2 year old likes looking at pictures of controllers and once he almost ordered a 3ds from Japan.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

buying a two story warehouse to illegally mine cryptocurrency and cursing as i realize that only one playstation 5 will fit inside

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

300 g lighter?? that's almost 0.0002 percent of a playstation 5's weight!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

Goodbye Volcano High coming to ps5

is that the one where they had to fire the writer because of the Kotaku article

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

things im hoping for this state of play:
- extremely gay dating sim type game about a pretentious band
- bugsnax dlc where the bugsnax can wear hats
- mario kart if it was made by retards

edit: YES!!!! I LOVE YOU SONY!!!!!!!

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

"We all had fun with that State of Play"

"but here's one state that won't be playing... Russia"

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

given the circumstances, we intend to make it impossible to purchase A Playstation 5, or to purchase any console exclusives, in Russia. *snickering*

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

lol @ this thread not getting an entire new page between two sony directs

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I got the tude now posted:

It felt like trying to listen to a little kid tell a story without laughing at them lol. I was thinking about the posts the whole time he was explaining how the protagonist went into nectar withdrawals later in the game

lol someone I play d&d with tried to pitch star citizen to us all once and I had to mute my microphone

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i played the last of us and i think its major problem is that it's about twice as long as it should be. both the subject matter and the gameplay support about 2/3rds as many stages as it has and most of them should have been half as long as they were. i was exhausted of it by the time i got the giraffes or whatever, had no desire to play the DLC and couldn't believe they were making a sequel. the story was also kind of needlessly depressing and defeatist.

i got horizon zero dawn because it was recommended to me and i bounced off of it almost immediately after the tutorial. it just felt boring. the best way i can think to describe it is that it felt like someone came up with the setting and built the scaffolding for a AAA open world game around it without actually building anything into the scaffolding. i don't know what actually happens in the main story but it felt like you could see all the beats coming a mile away from the intro movie.

i have a playstation 4 because i wanted to play final fantasy 15 and i didn't have a pc that would run stuff like witcher 3 and yakuza. i'll probably get a ps5 if they ever make enough that i can buy it at retail so that i can continue to play the latest final fantasy releases and other than that, it'll just be a machine that plays cross-platform stuff like yakuza, elden ring, etc.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

The Pittsburgh chapter is endless and nothing important happens until right at the end of it. I think it must be more than double the length of the next longest chapter

even the ones that are pretty short are just too long for what the game is. the gameplay doesn't scale almost at all, and there aren't a ton of interesting variations for the basic concept so it ends up feeling like they stretched every part of it a little too thin.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't like the crafting in Elden Ring tbh

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I am a man of constant sorrow
My console has got no games

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

praise be to Yevon.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

when you think about, actually, Bevelle is just like those clowns in Congress,

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

upgrading consoles for the latest final fantasy game ftw.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

did it for the ps2 and hell did it for the playstation 4 and 5 too

lol same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mario in the top 10 and luigi isn't even on the list. snubbed again.