Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I am absolutely going to play some goddamn anarchy online in 2019

I have no idea what class I'm going to play I like all of them

but let's be honest probably just roll a nano technician and kite my way to Glory

Or perhaps an enforcer or doctor

Or I could just roll a trader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Kak posted:

i'm getting the urge :/

i wish they would do something like soe and have a silver account with light restrictions so i could at least login to my old paid account and look around and check out my characters

From the stream, resubbing your old account will enable you to log into both the old and new servers (i.e. single $15 will count as a sub for both servers).

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It should've been a free to play thing. I would have given this old game another chance.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

please knock Mom! posted:

quick, what's the most overpowered profession or profession combo in vanilla AO

were crats ridiculous at launch as well or naw

Hm, trying to remember what I played.

Fixer is cool if you got grid armor but their vanilla damage was kinda meh since they only have burst.

Agent was in a pretty decent place way the hell back then, aimed shots were 15k with a relatively short cooldown (compared to soldier fullauto etc etc). I wonder if pvp damage will be uncapped as it used to be?

I think pet professions were always pretty good? Even engineer.

Did they say when the server will actually be up by the way? Also wonder how the business model will be. If it's still the most expensive mmo sub + p2w cash shop on top of that, I will actually pass this, nostalgia or no.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Feb 28, 2019

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
No heckler juice, pvp caps still in, and vanilla crats sucked

I think fixer is the way to go to fund your other characters

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Fixer for sure for selling buffs and blitzing missions. Also grid armor. God drat what a good class. I remember starting as an Agent at launch and holy poo poo my mind was blown.

Givin fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 28, 2019

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
grid armor will be a pipe dream but blitzing will bring in the dollar dollar bills

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Givin posted:

Fixer for sure for selling buffs and blitzing missions. Also grid armor. God drat what a good class. I remember starting as an Agent at launch and holy poo poo my mind was blown.

i played as agent when i started too back in the early 2000s and then i switched to fixer and i was like "oh, so you can actually survive fights in this game"

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Did vanilla Traders have a purpose outside of selling wrangles in Tir?

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
yeah I'm absolutely re-subbing when the progression thingy comes out

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
also, lmao at the idea of getting grid armor. The closest you're going to get is seeing a blue dude zip by you when you're waiting to get a mission in Home or w/ever

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Fixers are actually the best at camping dynas ironically enough

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Their mobility makes them a must have for groups on RK, especially if you need to traverse large distances. Thank you fixer grid and instameep

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

I think this is great, but my one what the gently caress moment is, $15/month... really? I basically refuse to pay that for this game seeing as they've stated it's in maintenance mode and will not get any new content updates.

If they dropped the price even to $10/month it would be somewhat palatable, but not the price you pay for an mmo that has active ongoing development.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I super don't care about the price point tbh

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If people were playing it it would be worth $15/mo

I don't think this will do a lot to fix that problem tho

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah im definitely on board.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I think it's weird we don't have a "release date" yet

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
I tried playing this game a few months back and actually really enjoyed it.

But the $15 a month price point is mind baffling to me. I would probably continue to play if it were maybe half that amount. But, the game is not worth playing if you're not a subscriber imo, there's just too much content that you don't have access too as a F2P player.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

otoh you have access to the best content as a f2p player

Maxxx
Apr 12, 2006
WHAT
New server is launching today : https://forums.funcom.com/t/rk2019-faq-read-me/56603

Apprently at 10:30 am eastern time...

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I know what I'm doing today

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
come play

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I don't remember much about this game other than getting a "fr00b" t-shirt during some in-game radio show.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

RK2019 FAQ posted:

The server starts with no expansions and a low level cap (10).

Did they drop a zero or is this the worst Hell ever invented by man?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Lol wait

Level cap of 10???:

E: it has to be a typo. Think of the QL of items in a basic store and it's way beyond that lol

Worf fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 6, 2019

nerox
May 20, 2001
A new Anarchy Online server in TYOOL 2019? Man this is really tempting.

But if you max level right now is 10, what am I supposed to do after 30 minutes?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait to get attacked through the floor by vagrants and then get my head stuck in the ceiling

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The level cap actually is 10 and it's hilarious to raid absmouth without high level buffs or tradeskills

Felt great to blitz together a set of QL 30 implants (couldn't put on higher without some major effort since I'm blitzing 2k credits at a time and don't have SFA, behe, or any of that poo poo)

Logging for the night, but tomorrow I'm going to put on an illegal ofab SMG at level 10, a trivial achievement on live, but a pretty drat sweet one on here.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Have they said when they'll unlock more levels? I don't really want to play as level 10 for too long

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
From Massivelyop:

quote:

The devs do say that the cash shop will be live, but they’ve pulled some of the more overpowering bits. You’ll need to roll up a brand-new character to jump in, and nope, you won’t be able to take this character elsewhere if and when this server closes down. Have fun in the meantime!

I want to play, but I'd be pissed if the server didn't take off and my character was deleted, considering how much time it takes to max out in this game.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kak posted:

From Massivelyop:

I want to play, but I'd be pissed if the server didn't take off and my character was deleted, considering how much time it takes to max out in this game.

Imo there's like a zero percent chance they'll actually just straight up delete characters after a year

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Hmh, Funcom is really loving up advertising this server. I haven't even gotten an email or anything. If someone hadn't mentioned it here, I'd have no idea this was even a thing.

How's the population atm? The original servers must be rotten dead with this population split.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's more of an initial test than a full release i think, what with the level cap of 10

Add Virek, fixer.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
I bought a subscription again. :( Time to play this bad game on its bad new server.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Char name is Trending, and I am a destitute trader squatting in the sewers. I hit people with fists it’s p cool

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
This is actually fun lmao

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

please knock Mom! posted:

This is actually fun lmao

Yeah, and they actually made some QoL fixes to Metaphysicists at some point? This is strange and frightening.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i remember making my money early on by selling concrete pillows, once being powerleveled by a guy whose robot pet was 100 levels higher than him and the rest of us because of buffs and gear, and beating the poo poo out of people with a steel girder

tempted to get back into this garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
This is a lot of fun and I actually interacted with the people I was grouping with last night. All MMOs should reset themselves every 2 years