Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Looks like funcom is have trouble firing back up all these old accounts, I rebought my subscription 9 hours ago and it is still frozen. And the support forums are filled with similar posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

ElBrak posted:

Looks like funcom is have trouble firing back up all these old accounts, I rebought my subscription 9 hours ago and it is still frozen. And the support forums are filled with similar posts.

Are you paying via PayPal? It was obnoxious trying to get that to work, so I eventually relented and gave them a CC number and they were able to process that within 10ish minutes.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Conskill posted:

Are you paying via PayPal? It was obnoxious trying to get that to work, so I eventually relented and gave them a CC number and they were able to process that within 10ish minutes.

Nope, using my debit card.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

is the level cap 20 yet

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
I had issues with my account status (eg unfreezing it) and it was all solved by using the account page accessed through Funcom, rather than the account page specific to AO

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

ElBrak posted:

Same. It's funny they hosed up the launch of this game twice.

Edit: started working five minutes after the post.

I made a Fixer, Janer. Are you guys rolling clan or omni?

Kak fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 8, 2019

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

My poo poo is still frozen. I am gonna admit I bought a one-year subscription and I feel really good about doing that right now.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

ElBrak posted:

My poo poo is still frozen. I am gonna admit I bought a one-year subscription and I feel really good about doing that right now.

if this was any other game i would make fun of you but AO is near n dear to me

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kak posted:

Same. It's funny they hosed up the launch of this game twice.

Edit: started working five minutes after the post.

I made a Fixer, Janer. Are you guys rolling clan or omni?

neutral for fgrid quest purposes

Conskill
May 7, 2007

Neutral for sanity purposes right now. Rolled both Clan and Omni and got repulsed by the chatter. Neutral chat seems surprisingly tame in contrast so far.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Woo, level cap to 20

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Oh, thank god they finally fixed my account, time to play a bad bad game.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

In as ElBrak, decided to play an engineer again cause I hate myself. Went with Omni cause I love licking corporate boots.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
I can wrangle up to like 22 or something now? Presumably higher when I get home to level past 10 🙃

So I guess send a tell to Trending if that’s something you need?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Are there good amounts of people ? What classes do you see a lot of?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
There's lots of people. I'm a 19 fixer, where should I be blitzing at this point? Still newland?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

In as Shart, omni, doctor

E: wtf is everybody a doctor ? half this back yard is docs

Worf fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 9, 2019

Whitefire
Oct 9, 2007

DEE DEEEEE
Was just thinking about starting as a doc, might just play engi or MA instead i don't know yet. The nostalgia circuits are firing right now.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
One of my favorite parts of AO is how loose they (used to? Still do?) play with the concept of class roles. I really miss that about MMOs; the ability to form successful groups with strange compositions that aren’t Holy Trinity based.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

God drat is it hard to make money starting out with just the tiny newbie area. the Arete landing starting area did a lot to make it easier to get going.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I just killed leets for a few take me to the shops, then blitzed

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I just blitzed for two Concrete Cushions, I am living the AO newbie dream.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Don't forget your medsuit!

I can't wait to do the fgrid quest at 40.

Whitefire
Oct 9, 2007

DEE DEEEEE
I started as an enforcer, brought a group into the sewers for virgil and we got him down to like 10% before wiping. Made it to 20 pretty fast though, now to figure out how to get a good 1h blunt and upgrade some gear a bit, I never had too much experience in the game.

Kendraomega IG

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Whitefire posted:

I started as an enforcer, brought a group into the sewers for virgil and we got him down to like 10% before wiping. Made it to 20 pretty fast though, now to figure out how to get a good 1h blunt and upgrade some gear a bit, I never had too much experience in the game.

Kendraomega IG

Get those skull maces from the temple of the three winds, they're real good.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Whitefire posted:

Kendraomega IG

Grab an illegally modified ofab of your choice. They drop from the Workman mobs in the sewer

Whitefire
Oct 9, 2007

DEE DEEEEE
Thanks, found myself a panther seller since I haven't been getting one to drop, this is where I might need a little advice, without dragging this out in the thread. sitting at 120 1hb currently, I'm assuming I'll need a general skill boost nano and a wrangle, correct? Doing the work thing today but I'll try to get this ofab on tonight.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Do you have implants in? hit me up @ Virek this night if I'm on, I can help you out prolly

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I've picked up 2x illegally modified ofab panthers for my MP. Not sure I can put them on at 20 at the level of twinking I'm willing to embark on, but it'll be nice when I get them on.

Trying to decide if I want to go through the hassle of getting a living cyber armor suit or not. Probably not this time around.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Are there any guides that are good for RK2019? I haven't played AO in over a decade and I am sort of lost as to what I should be doing.

Also playing Omni since most of you guys are, and I was a dirty clanner for my entire AO career.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm neutral, I have no strong feelings one way or the other

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

nerox posted:

Are there any guides that are good for RK2019? I haven't played AO in over a decade and I am sort of lost as to what I should be doing.

Also playing Omni since most of you guys are, and I was a dirty clanner for my entire AO career.

https://www.ao-universe.com/ is the best place for guides to the game.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

nerox posted:

I was in a similar boat when I tried the game again in 2015 (and then again this past week!), so here’s what’s worked for me:

(1) Kill stuff in the backyard until you get to like lvl 3 or 4

(2) Head over to the subway in ICC (every other subway location is unavailable) and murder stuff for a while. There are usually tons of people there so it’s easy to find a group if you’re having trouble surviving and or killing.
(2a) At some point you’re going to look for mobs named ‘Striking Workman’. They’re the atrox dudes wielding i-beams, so they’re hard to miss. They drop illegally modified OFAB weapons, and those are really really good. I think there’s a weapon type for just about every skill, so just grab whatever makes sense. They all require 150 points in whatever weapon skill is applicable, so it may take some doing to get it equipped (QL 10-20 implants, the appropriate general nano buff to your skill (which will be in a composite nano crystal) and maaaybe a wrangle should do it, I think)

(3) Run missions for credits. I’m clan so I head to Avalon and roll a bunch of find item / person missions that are located in Old Athen. The distance between mission terminal and mission location influences credit rewards, so try to maximize it! It’ll net you 2-3k pet run around level 10 and closer to 11k once you’re at 20.

(4) ????? Buy crystals and implants with your mission money I guess????

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Oh and I have a bag full ofab weapons that are available to any goon that needs them. My Trader is duel wielding the martial arts Ofabs and it’s absurdly, stupidly effective

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Oh and there’s a mission from a small atrox in the middle of ICC (on the platform) to kill the boss of the Subway: Absformouth. Get in a group at some point and do that mission! It gives you a nice helmet that will level up with you to 200

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

fashionly snort posted:

(3) Run missions for credits. I’m clan so I head to Avalon and roll a bunch of find item / person missions that are located in Old Athen. The distance between mission terminal and mission location influences credit rewards, so try to maximize it! It’ll net you 2-3k pet run around level 10 and closer to 11k once you’re at 20.

Neutrals can run missions in newland city rolled in hope for 10k each at 20

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

fashionly snort posted:

Oh and I have a bag full ofab weapons that are available to any goon that needs them. My Trader is duel wielding the martial arts Ofabs and it’s absurdly, stupidly effective

do you have a shotgun amigo?

nerox
May 20, 2001
What's the best place to roll missions for Omni?

Does clicksaver still work? I need to make some money for some newbie implants today and maybe finish leveling to 20 and getting an ofab SMG.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

nerox posted:

Does clicksaver still work? I need to make some money for some newbie implants today and maybe finish leveling to 20 and getting an ofab SMG.

Works fine, I'm using clicksaver 2.4 for mission pulling and mishbuddy when rolling for specific items since it has a built in list.

E: We need a goon chat channel or org imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

nerox posted:

It does, but you'll need to download the correct version (the one from Github worked for me). That said, I've heard MishBuddy is better but I haven't tried it.

Statutory Ape posted:

do you have a shotgun amigo?

Maaaaaaybe? I'll check tonight.