Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

PriNGLeS posted:

Economy is completely hosed beyond belief. Duping credits was a thing for awhile apparently.

*receives 200 credits from a mission*

:toot:

*looks up price on a piece of good gear*

1.5 billion credits. Full set discount at only 9 billion!

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Heh yeah, lots of fun memories about AO. My favorite is way back when it had players.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Not only does it have sub, but unless something changed lol no, it's the most expensive one of the western mmo's. If memory serves from last time, it's around 17.xx € for a monthly?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

cams posted:

i only played this game super casually back in the day (because i was a literal child) but i thought i remembered people being happy when shadowlands came out. were there big things about it people hated?

I liked SL too. One awful thing that springs to mind though were the huge pain on the rear end Ergo quests you had to do to progress deeper. Also I suppose that settingwise SL moved from the original technological sci-fi towards some kind of weird mythical mystical whatever something sci-fi. Beats me because gently caress if I listened those yuttos talk lol

But dunno really where most SL hate comes from, it was alright.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

lol

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

The worst part in all this, after the initial lol, was me realising I will play that thing

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

tir leet hunting grp lfm 2/6
*3 hours pass*
tir leet hunting grp lfm 3/6
tir leet hunting grp lfm 2/6 - gotta have at least krutt
tir leet hunting grp lfm 2/6 - gotta have at least krutt ffs

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

please knock Mom! posted:

quick, what's the most overpowered profession or profession combo in vanilla AO

were crats ridiculous at launch as well or naw

Hm, trying to remember what I played.

Fixer is cool if you got grid armor but their vanilla damage was kinda meh since they only have burst.

Agent was in a pretty decent place way the hell back then, aimed shots were 15k with a relatively short cooldown (compared to soldier fullauto etc etc). I wonder if pvp damage will be uncapped as it used to be?

I think pet professions were always pretty good? Even engineer.

Did they say when the server will actually be up by the way? Also wonder how the business model will be. If it's still the most expensive mmo sub + p2w cash shop on top of that, I will actually pass this, nostalgia or no.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Feb 28, 2019

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Hmh, Funcom is really loving up advertising this server. I haven't even gotten an email or anything. If someone hadn't mentioned it here, I'd have no idea this was even a thing.

How's the population atm? The original servers must be rotten dead with this population split.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

lol AO outlived SA

gentlegoons and troxes :tipshat:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Daaz posted:

I'm messin around with froobin, hit me up - sienavolkova

i wound up in some random russian org but they are giving me stuff so that's cool

Do you know if FC is doing anything for 20th anniversary? Free game time perhaps?

I semi-accidentally remembered a few days ago that the anniversary is soonish but I don't think there was anything about it on the forum.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Oh yea, happy b-day AO :toot:

Guess FC didn't even to pretend to notice the anniversary any more?

e: no wait, gently caress me, not for another month.

e: I'll emptyquote in a month so all these pixels were not wasted.

e: if I remember

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I'm playing that self-flagellation sim, ED Odyssey

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Statutory Ape posted:

haha same i am on a mission right now and ill be damned if i know how to spawn the NPCs to kill

lol someone mentioned how you can buy upgraded feetmans gear from shops so now I'm just apex shuttling around looking at the stores, 95% of me playing the game atm is me not playing the game. It's almost like AO except in AO you can press burst and fullauto every now and then.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Can't go wrong with froob engy

Now I almost want to play my engy. Almost.

e: llol no I just remembered solar powered pistols and mist-filled jars

e2: dat slayerdroid though, best goddamn pet in any game ever

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Yeah the gun is tits once you get it. Can't remember what was offhand tho... think I used burger? Something burger something? The one with fast fullauto.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Think I will activate an AO account or two for the anniversary :unsmith:

Good chance to meet any other nostalgic buddies again.

Almost e:

Is this some new thing? The name doesn't ring a bell at all

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I would play AO so much more if I didn't feel ripped off every time I see the sub charge.

Hell, if it was like 5 bucks or something I might not ever bother canceling it.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Even more insane since they did have Shadowlands sub in the past, and I think the price tag was 5 bucks. But they remove it because ??? <insert reasons> ???

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

The introduction of cross faction raid bots has made getting groups pretty easy, but there’s a lot of multi boxers

Are there open cross faction raid bots running atm? Last I remember was Iraid but it died away and nothing had replaced it last I was playing.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Still nothing from FC on anniversary, I'm kinda waiting for either free time or hefty sub discounts.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Yeah, who am I kidding. Funcom being Funcom they'll just flip on some random event like Halloween and call it a day.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Competition between the four remaining AO players runs fierce and bloody

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Floob posted:

Yeah, the lvl 100 Blackbirds go for about 1 Billion credits

I bought 1 grace for 17 dollars, and sold it on the market for 28 billion credits

What the actual goddamn gently caress :trumppop:

I've never seen economy this badly gone to hell in any game ever lol

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Wonder what a piece of ql300 combined commando goes for nowadays, break 100 billion yet?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Ehh... no sub discounts. Guess instead of couple accounts for a few months at -50% price they get couple accounts for 0 months at no price at all from me.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Once again, I am ashamed of myself

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Probably confusing with fgrid quests.

I think it's only good that rk2019 is dead. Generally speaking a sensible prerequisite for having a second server is that the first one doesn't resemble the surface of Venus when it comes to player population.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jun 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

A Carly Rae Jihad posted:

I’d love to hear about the revenue that server generated

I recall people posting public Funcom financial reports in the past. Those might have something about it but I got no idea where to find them.