Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Did they ever lower the sub cost? 20 year old games with no new xpacs shouldn't cost $15 / month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

Fewd posted:

Even more insane since they did have Shadowlands sub in the past, and I think the price tag was 5 bucks. But they remove it because ??? <insert reasons> ???

Ya, I kept one of my accounts SL only for this very purpose. Honestly if they even lowered it to 9.99 I'd probably fire up 6 of my accounts and start multiboxing the game again.

Edit: Better yet if the game died and someone got a real emulator going similar to how Asheron's Call has ended up. Although I'm not sure its popular enough.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Multiboxing AO with any of the multiboxing tools isn't overly complex. I was using autohotkey at the time but I believe using InnerSpace/ISBoxer would make it even easier. I used to run a 6 man team by myself and farmed Albtrum or whatever its called. If they ever lowered the sub price I would gladly do it again. Just being able to solo Inferno missions was super handy for leveling alts.

Edit: My group was: Enf, Doc, Fixer, Soldier, MP and Crat.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
I wish I could find my notes on farming Grid Armor, because it was remarkably effective. My wife and I both played fixers and I was able to farm all 4 GA's for both of us as well as an extra couple for selling. This was all pre shadowlands. There was a very specific set of mission sliders that you used that would make it a high percentage chance the boss was a particular mob type (Cyborg Maybe) and it was something like the boss being 3 levels higher than the nano. It was similar to blitzing nanos but the exception was you would also hit all the crates in the mission before blitzing to the boss.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

BUMMBUMMBUMMBUMMMMMMMMMMM

sorry i was shooting my QL 200 manex on burst on my fixer that was not picked last

They would be like omg Galladro would you please come tank this team mish for us, it is so incredible how versatile you are """""ESPECIALLY SINCE U DONT HAVE GA!!"""""""

Noobs thinking you were a bad fixer for not being blue was annoying af

While shadowlands was/is a hot mess for balance I absolutely love thst they broke ga over it's knee. I have always mained a fixer and I didn't really enjoy the single dimensional game play it brought. At some point I'd love to return and finish his build. I think I only lack the beta to alpha upgrade.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

ModeSix posted:

Huh? What is this you're talking about?

I too am interested in free heckler juice. Two of my accounts are from beta.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
I wish I could find my old notes on finding grid armor. I had a method that absolutely worked, but was still a bit time consuming. I actually found ga 1 through 4 for myself, my wife's fixer and farmed 5 or so ga 4 disks for selling. The high level I remember was very specific character level so the reward would match the disk ID and the very spe ific sliders to get all cyborg missions. Then you looted all the crates and blitzed the rest of the mission to hope it dropped in the final room chest. It took a lot of setup to get the char level perfect but it was insanely effective. I made a lot of credits this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
I really wish they would drop the dang sub cost of this game. Especially with it being so dead that you effectively have to multibox. I have a very capable full team I can run but no way i'm paying $15 per account nowadays. My friend and I would multibox beast all the time back in the day.