Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I don’t think it really matters until you decide if you want to grind Grid Armor or not...

You don’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I swear I’ll get GA2 one day (my AO character is old enough to legally drink)...

My fixer is too, and has GA2/3, and I never use them anymore. (Admittedly they’re 220/nanodeck so SWS XI and all that.). Should probably just reset MC.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

One fixer tip: do not put IP into Matter Creation unless and until you have a GA nano in your possession (the summon nanos are completely not worth it.)

Also, be aware that if you ever pay on an account, you can’t turn it back into a free account.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Also even if you hate PvP the “illegal notum miners” daily is quick and easy and doesn’t actually require any PvP (unless you get extremely unlucky.)

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Oh and once you hit the right level (100?) the Reck dailies open up too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

FrostyPox posted:

One more question: I want to make sure I understand Grid Armor.

There's 4 tiers, and the only way to get it is to either buy the Nanocrystal from the player market, or find it as a drop? Is that correct? I guess it's ~level 60 at the lowest level so I shouldn't worry too much about it for now.

EDIT: Oh poo poo it's the crafting mat that drops and I'll have to find a crafter to make the Nanocrystal? Jeez

As someone whose first and main character was a GA fixer: don’t bother with Grid Armor unless you luck into it.