Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah just rmt a bil or 2 for like five bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Freakazoid_ posted:

and when I clicked on a guard I automatically shot him and he shot me, killing my brand new guy on the spot.

lol

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You couldn't just put it on like in EQ1. You had to camp buffing gear, buy stuff from other players, and run around for specific buffs while calculating stuff on the casio you kept by your PC. It was glorious. Imagine pumping up your level 25 character to the point where they can solo level 100 enemies.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

brothertim posted:

Just started playing again for the first time in 15 years. Man, the characters feel like 4 polygons. I really hope someday they'll modernize it.

lol, never

get used to it imo. the armor/items later on look a lot better.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
same I love the way it looks

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Use the old client, it has less slowdowns. ICC will always be laggy because it's poorly optimized. You can customize the UI to a certain extent, but it'll always be very 90s

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Soldier, trader, agent, enforcer

Enforcer loving rules.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
SL moved AO from cool cyberpunk game to yet another drab fantasy game. The areas were so rich in XP and valuable loot that RK became deserted overnight. It was full of selfish kiters running around death trains, lag, overtuned mobs, and the dumbest of dumb quests. The biggest mistake Funcom made was making RK completely obsolete by making the Shadowlands better in every single way for leveling. There's zero reason to ever go back to Rubi-Ka aside from dipping down at level 60 and 100 for some nodrop dungeon items.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fewd posted:

The worst part in all this, after the initial lol, was me realising I will play that thing

Same, lets group

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
quick, what's the most overpowered profession or profession combo in vanilla AO

were crats ridiculous at launch as well or naw

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
No heckler juice, pvp caps still in, and vanilla crats sucked

I think fixer is the way to go to fund your other characters

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
grid armor will be a pipe dream but blitzing will bring in the dollar dollar bills

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Fixers are actually the best at camping dynas ironically enough

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I super don't care about the price point tbh

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
come play

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The level cap actually is 10 and it's hilarious to raid absmouth without high level buffs or tradeskills

Felt great to blitz together a set of QL 30 implants (couldn't put on higher without some major effort since I'm blitzing 2k credits at a time and don't have SFA, behe, or any of that poo poo)

Logging for the night, but tomorrow I'm going to put on an illegal ofab SMG at level 10, a trivial achievement on live, but a pretty drat sweet one on here.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kak posted:

From Massivelyop:

I want to play, but I'd be pissed if the server didn't take off and my character was deleted, considering how much time it takes to max out in this game.

Imo there's like a zero percent chance they'll actually just straight up delete characters after a year

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's more of an initial test than a full release i think, what with the level cap of 10

Add Virek, fixer.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
This is actually fun lmao

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kak posted:

Same. It's funny they hosed up the launch of this game twice.

Edit: started working five minutes after the post.

I made a Fixer, Janer. Are you guys rolling clan or omni?

neutral for fgrid quest purposes

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Woo, level cap to 20

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
There's lots of people. I'm a 19 fixer, where should I be blitzing at this point? Still newland?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I just killed leets for a few take me to the shops, then blitzed

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Don't forget your medsuit!

I can't wait to do the fgrid quest at 40.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Whitefire posted:

I started as an enforcer, brought a group into the sewers for virgil and we got him down to like 10% before wiping. Made it to 20 pretty fast though, now to figure out how to get a good 1h blunt and upgrade some gear a bit, I never had too much experience in the game.

Kendraomega IG

Get those skull maces from the temple of the three winds, they're real good.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Do you have implants in? hit me up @ Virek this night if I'm on, I can help you out prolly

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm neutral, I have no strong feelings one way or the other

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

fashionly snort posted:

(3) Run missions for credits. I’m clan so I head to Avalon and roll a bunch of find item / person missions that are located in Old Athen. The distance between mission terminal and mission location influences credit rewards, so try to maximize it! It’ll net you 2-3k pet run around level 10 and closer to 11k once you’re at 20.

Neutrals can run missions in newland city rolled in hope for 10k each at 20

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

nerox posted:

Does clicksaver still work? I need to make some money for some newbie implants today and maybe finish leveling to 20 and getting an ofab SMG.

Works fine, I'm using clicksaver 2.4 for mission pulling and mishbuddy when rolling for specific items since it has a built in list.

E: We need a goon chat channel or org imo

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
As long as there's some distance so you get 8k per mission instead of 3 you're good

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
NT is actually real good. If you want to find groups easily, enforcer, doc, or anything with dps works just fine. I'm a fixer, which means I don't get the most groups, but I've got nice buffs to make up for it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
r u nubi?

the backyards are great.

so far I've got a trader with neleb's belt and rod, an engineer with the second upgrade of the engineer pistol & some junky level 50 or 60 robot, and a fixer. My orgbuddy just looted grid armor mk1

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Habibus posted:

Am I the only one that hopes they keep Shadowlands away from the RK2019 server for a long time, or even better not introduce it? To me prime AO was right before SL released. Shadowlands was just a huge departure from the original game and killed it for me and pretty much killed the game. I started playing again and me and my old school friends are having tons of fun. But since they already introduced Notum Wars I'm worried that Shadowlands is around the corner and will kill the fun. I will probably stop playing again when/if Shadowlands is released.

Ideally I'd go with no shadowlands but yes to perks and keepers

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
the cap has been set to 45, the game has been opened up in earnest right now

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
NT-five

Love that profession

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zlodo posted:

im the guy who originally wrote clicksaver like 15 years ago and lmao that you still need to use that unwieldy poo poo to get a mission worth your time

I had a stint as a programmer at funcom during age of conan's development and they told me fun stories about clicksaver, like how one programmer on the ao team was hellbent on breaking it and did overtime and stuff. ("Have you told him it's you who made it? Well then don't")

also they told me that they once had planned to revamp the ao mission ui but decided not to bother because clicksaver existed :(

Thank u for your service

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ElBrak posted:

I am playing it again right now after taking a few weeks to hype myself up for it by reading ao-universe.com stuff. Still a good game, wish I had stuck to it and followed the leveling of the 2019 server.

meeeeh it wasn't that great, I followed until 100

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
They won’t ax AO

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
They’re making dune a survival game lmao. Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fewd posted:

lol AO outlived SA

gentlegoons and troxes :tipshat:

lol