Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i occasionally wax nostalgic remembering my old lvl 14 or 15 trader i exclusively did the arena pvp with in like 2002 or 3 when i was like 13. i only ever got a martial artist to like ~50ish or something but i poured all my money into twinking my trader into ridiculously high level cyber mods, gear and uhh techno skills whatever they're called.

was a lot of fun blasting people 30 levels higher than me or whatever with my lvl 200 shotgun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
TRADER twinning was insane with implants

Being able to skill drain jump implants into higher and higher tier skill drains until you were just a god

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Oh yeah, did that graphics update ever release? I vaguely remember hearing it kept getting pushed back. Can’t even remember how long ago it was at this point.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

mfcrocker posted:

If your interest is just to get to 200, just buy profession implants from Fair Trade every so often according to your abilities/treatment skill (remembering that the implant installation machine gives you +100 treatment, and that you can easily get a medsuit as omni/neutral or roll it as clan for +78). In the same way, your NCU will just depend on what your computer literacy is at.

At a basic level this game is pretty simple - the real complexity (and the real fun for me) is knowing what buffs/items buff which stats and laddering them into getting some truly busted poo poo on for your level.

One of my favorite things was pushing my trader as far as possible on his implants at level 15 or something. Just laddering up to higher level skill drains, quickly putting in better implants, then higher drains etc. I think the only limiting factor was that I just couldn’t source some of the skill drains at a higher level cause they were rewards or drops or something and I was relatively poor

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
It was all just for pvp in the arena at Omni 1. Cause it was mostly low levels (and I was way too adhd at 12 or whatever to focus on something like leveling) and I remember getting absolutely destroyed on my fixer who was around 19/20ish by a lower level trader in a duel and being like… you can do that, that’s a thing?

And it became my mission. Was really fun dominating pvp with a shotgun and a dream.