Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerox
May 20, 2001
A new Anarchy Online server in TYOOL 2019? Man this is really tempting.

But if you max level right now is 10, what am I supposed to do after 30 minutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001
Are there any guides that are good for RK2019? I haven't played AO in over a decade and I am sort of lost as to what I should be doing.

Also playing Omni since most of you guys are, and I was a dirty clanner for my entire AO career.

nerox
May 20, 2001
What's the best place to roll missions for Omni?

Does clicksaver still work? I need to make some money for some newbie implants today and maybe finish leveling to 20 and getting an ofab SMG.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Got my enforcer to 20.

Guess I should try to get into a decent implant set and maybe do some carb armor.

nerox
May 20, 2001

ElBrak posted:

Hit 20 on my engineer, time to start doing some tradeskilling. Maybe mission roll for some nanos and hit some dynacamps. Really get the full experience.

Hello friend, can you build carbonium armor?

nerox
May 20, 2001
My character is having a fun bug. When I spend IP and hit save changes.... it just doesn't save.

I can't raise my nanos at all :(

nerox
May 20, 2001
I couldn't find anyone to craft Carb last night in OOC at all, so it may be a worthwhile investment to buy the stuff needed to make it.

I haven't seen a lot of people running around in carb yet, but it is ridiculously cheap to make once you get the initial investment done in the patterns.

QL30 Carb plates are in the Fair Trade store for for like 3k a piece. So a full set of QL30 is about 21k in variable costs. If you can get to where you can make that with a screwdriver (180 Mechanical Engineering and 165 Electrical Engineering) I bet you could charge 20-30k to craft a set for people with their mats and they wouldn't bat an eye.

Doing it with MRR would be 130 Mech and a stupid low amount of EE. But a QL50ish Mass relocating robot is over a million credits and then you got to get the shape hard armor item from a team mission reward.

Its way easier to buy a 500 cred screwdriver and build specific implants for making carb.

I will most likely end up rolling an engi just to tradeskill with, cause I always loved tradeskills in this.

edit:
The etches are 22k each, they only seem to come in QL10, so I guess they don't matter
Screwdriver is 515 credits
So roughly 136k for the startup costs, then just math to see what QL you can go up to.

Carb was pretty much my armor all the way until Tier 1 in SL, the +NCU is so useful.

nerox fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 13, 2019

nerox
May 20, 2001
AO was released in 2001, not the 90's. :argh:

I still remember getting in the beta and the beta client was on 2 or 3 cd-roms. :v:

nerox
May 20, 2001

Statutory Ape posted:

how long do you suppose it took them to develop the game, the company that has been putting out an engine upgrade for that game for 12 years

Look at Everquest and Asheron's call's original UI from their 1999 release.

Now look at AO's and DAoC and there are significant advances for 2001 releases.

Then Runescape looks like hot garbage that was released in the 90's that came out in 2001 as well.

But this is a dumb derail. Remember that 2001 was 18 years ago. Anarchy online is old enough to buy cigarettes and lottery tickets.

nerox
May 20, 2001

PriNGLeS posted:

What's the population like?

And what's with the level capping? Is it on a set schedule or what?

The cap was 20 when I started Sunday. I think it goes to 30 tomorrow.

Population has been pretty good, I bet it goes up again when cap raises, I am sure some people stopped after getting their guys to 20 and geared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001
I think I may be done with my nostalgia trip. I played maybe 4 hours since the level cap was raised and went from 20 to 30 and blitzed enough missions to get some decent armor and implants.... and now I have nothing to do except dick around until the cap is raised again.

Get super twinked was fun back in the day, but since there are not high levels getting high level gear to twink into, its just too :effort:.

edit: I wish they would've just made the roll out a 7 week thing with each week going to the next title level:

Title Level 1 = Starts at Level 5, 5k IP per Level
Title Level 2 = Starts at Level 15, 10k IP per Level
Title Level 3 = Starts at Level 50, 20k IP per Level
Title Level 4 = Starts at Level 100, 40k IP per Level
Title Level 5 = Starts at Level 150, 80k IP per Level
Title Level 6 = Starts at Level 190, 150k IP per Level
Title Level 7 = Starts At Level 205, 400k IP per Level

nerox fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 18, 2019