Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I played again about 6 months ago, got a MA to like 190 or something. Game isn't as dead as I thought it would be, still a few people kicking around. Luckily I had access to most necessary buffs, myself, between 3 different accounts.

Economy is completely hosed beyond belief. Duping credits was a thing for awhile apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Fewd posted:

*receives 200 credits from a mission*

:toot:

*looks up price on a piece of good gear*

1.5 billion credits. Full set discount at only 9 billion!

:suicide:

I just bought credits from the Chinese. They also sell items themselves that often have a better exchange rate.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Petition for the classic bandwagon.

AO: Classic!!!!!!!

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

brothertim posted:

Been grinding out some levels over the past few weeks as a Fixer (mission to get the fixer grid was really cool). This game is still a blast and I've been loving it. No major gameplay problems yet, servers seem stable so far.

Lots of nice people still. I had some random guy come up to me while I was scanning missions and just handed me 1mil and walked off, not saying a word. Probably inspected me and saw I was wearing garbage and missing several implants.

As a froob account I'm noticing there's a lot of good leveling weapons that are SL locked, which is kind of a pain in the rear end, but they gotta give incentives to subs I guess.

In defense of Funcom, those SL weapons that completely outshine regular RK weapons predate the f2p model.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
What's the population like?

And what's with the level capping? Is it on a set schedule or what?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

ddiddles posted:

Is the original server actually dead now (even more than is was before the new server)?

Been leveling an adv on the new server, but want to switch back because I like playing on easy mode and buying credits and lol at $10 for 5m. Also missing the user market.

You can buy 5 billion for $10.... hope that's what you meant!! Also the token packages and other funcom point items are super value from the chinese farmers. I've always used egpal.com for all my Chinese Gold needs.

I logged on the other day and it was super sparse. Everyone that still plays went to the prog server.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Yeah, I tried pretty hard shortly after it launched (maybe a month), and burnt out on the nano-curve and mission rolling. Got to the upper 70s on a MP.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
I hear a lot of sounds from Ultima Online in media. The bear, pig, and wolves to be specific. It's always a nice little bit of nostalgia.

Maybe they're in the public domain now, or were just stock sounds to begin with?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

ddiddles posted:

You bastards I thought something new happened with AO

It's the 19th anniversary going on with some new content stuff.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
It's wild to think how unplayable this game would have been without clicksaver (and I guess mishbuddy). Literally made the game.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Who just ran by me in GoonCorp?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
I had a lot of fun my last time playing, but I was botting, and I think it ruined me from ever playing AO again. Especially given the extremely low population, and realizing that a major portion of the population bots exclusively from 180(or whatever the minimum level for the new Inf missions is) to 220.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
No, I mean like fully automating missions/grinding. But yeah, people pay for people to do that for them.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Symbs are horribly overpriced for the most part anyways, probably wouldn't be able to afford them. The symb farming/pattern farming system is horribly convoluted and I'm surprised I found as many as I did last time I played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
AO Sharp is a cool way to play this game. (I'm not doing that. But it was cool.)

Hope this helps.