Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That RK2019 server is a terrible idea to play on

quote:

How long will the server be open?
The current plan is to run the server for 12 months - however, if near the end we see the community wants to keep it going, that is an option we are not taking off the table.

If the server closes, what happens to my character?
If the server does end, characters do not carry over from RK2019 to the original server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Would love to see a sequel to Anarchy Online. I really like the gameworld, but AO badly needs modern day gameplay mechanics and quality of life features. The game in its current state is so difficult to play, and extremely hard without a group of friends to play with. It's not solo friendly at all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am trying to find people to play with what is the best way to hook up with goons?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

lmk when you find out

For real, I am very lost and want to learn how to play after being away for years and years.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there anyone still playing on the normal Rubi-Ka server? I could use help playing. :P I made a fixer that is level 12, but am really confused by implants, and NCU's. I don't know how to pick them and find what I can equip.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Oh gosh there is a lot of minmaxing involved and you’d think since I have a 20 year old fixer I’d have some great advice but...

Uhhhhhh...

I don’t think it really matters until you decide if you want to grind Grid Armor or not...

Anything for basic advice that is good enough to get by to level 200? This game is so confusing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mfcrocker posted:

If your interest is just to get to 200, just buy profession implants from Fair Trade every so often according to your abilities/treatment skill (remembering that the implant installation machine gives you +100 treatment, and that you can easily get a medsuit as omni/neutral or roll it as clan for +78). In the same way, your NCU will just depend on what your computer literacy is at.

At a basic level this game is pretty simple - the real complexity (and the real fun for me) is knowing what buffs/items buff which stats and laddering them into getting some truly busted poo poo on for your level.

I think I need friends who are still playing that I can meet up with and show me around. I have a room tempt IQ, but am trying my best to read up on stuff at AO Universe, and just tackle one thing at a time. Right now my goal has been to get to level 25 in the Subway.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Worf posted:

I think I have about 35 different froob accounts and about 10 are 199/200 with the rest strategically placed at different levels for leveling help.

I could use leveling help! :P

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

An Anarchy Online 2 would be so awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That's true, I would only really like it if it was a gigantic open world more about exploration, and there werent really any quests, especially not like how MMORPGs have them where you're just doing quests to lead you to from one point to the next. Anarchy Online has quests, but its not the focus. Original AO had no questing really, you looked up spots to grind and level up, I miss those sort of MMOs.