Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
I missed the old AO thread and am thinking of trying to play again. Come join me in celebrating this old dead game by posting in this thread and maybe playing? Also if anyone was wondering the original poster of the previous thread broke his 30 year record of not posting anywhere to come and personally close the thread.

Edit: Oh here's a link to the steam store page if you wanna play yourself? https://store.steampowered.com/app/396280/ Ya for real they put this old dead game up on steam, the future is wild.

ElBrak fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Hexel posted:

do they have cat girls

Sadly no!

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

This keeps popping up in my recommendations on Steam but there wasn't a thread here so I didn't bother with it.

I am glad that you can now play this old rear end MMO. It's good, maybe.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Ya, there is a decent population, most people hang out in ICC since its a good hub to get where ever you need to go.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I bought a subscription again. :( Time to play this bad game on its bad new server.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Looks like funcom is have trouble firing back up all these old accounts, I rebought my subscription 9 hours ago and it is still frozen. And the support forums are filled with similar posts.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Conskill posted:

Are you paying via PayPal? It was obnoxious trying to get that to work, so I eventually relented and gave them a CC number and they were able to process that within 10ish minutes.

Nope, using my debit card.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

My poo poo is still frozen. I am gonna admit I bought a one-year subscription and I feel really good about doing that right now.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Oh, thank god they finally fixed my account, time to play a bad bad game.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

In as ElBrak, decided to play an engineer again cause I hate myself. Went with Omni cause I love licking corporate boots.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

God drat is it hard to make money starting out with just the tiny newbie area. the Arete landing starting area did a lot to make it easier to get going.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I just blitzed for two Concrete Cushions, I am living the AO newbie dream.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

nerox posted:

Are there any guides that are good for RK2019? I haven't played AO in over a decade and I am sort of lost as to what I should be doing.

Also playing Omni since most of you guys are, and I was a dirty clanner for my entire AO career.

https://www.ao-universe.com/ is the best place for guides to the game.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I use ICC myself cause it's easy to get everywhere.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Whitefire posted:

Goon org/channel/discord would be nice. There's several different tiers of game knowledge where AO is concerned. Also a new OP might benefit everyone a bit.

How dare you dis my OP, I spent literal minutes on it.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Hit 20 on my engineer, time to start doing some tradeskilling. Maybe mission roll for some nanos and hit some dynacamps. Really get the full experience.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

nerox posted:

Hello friend, can you build carbonium armor?

Ya probably, but the cost of the tools is really freaking high for a level 20 engineer. the pattern cutters are like 22k each and you need 6 of them for a full set of armor, but at least they're reusable.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Statutory Ape posted:

arent the MRRs like 25k/pop or something

the mass relocating robots are way more expensive than that even at ql20 but are reusable, but you can also use a screwdriver instead but it takes way more skill.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I like to pretend I'm gonna start playing again.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I am playing it again right now after taking a few weeks to hype myself up for it by reading ao-universe.com stuff. Still a good game, wish I had stuck to it and followed the leveling of the 2019 server.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I am glad that everyone is still posting in this good thread for this good game. :)

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Statutory Ape posted:

The thread title should be past tense really

Shut it!

Tabletops posted:

Oh yeah, did that graphics update ever release? I vaguely remember hearing it kept getting pushed back. Can’t even remember how long ago it was at this point.

Ya it got released a number of years ago, doesn't work in the steam version though.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

The engine update does make the game look nicer, it just crashes sometimes when you use the whompaas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I guess they figured out a way to bring ARK back with a new name. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLXZXBKTmhBzvh6S2QY6DY-CrbxsrRQRDI58iBAu35k/edit No idea what they changed!