Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I am the only 3-0 manager all y'all eat my butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

My genius strategy of drafting injured players, and then getting a FA running back who is on the same team as my only other non-injured running back has paid dividends! Also getting a backup TE who's on the same team as my #1 WR.

Soon, Alshon Jeffery and Marlon Mack, soon.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

So we will have one 3-0 team, and a crapload of 2-1 and 1-2 teams, huh? Everything's still up for grabs.

Nah, I'm sorry my 1-game lead is insurmountable.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

That BLEW DAT pts for doe...

It's been a few years since I played fantasy football, but IIRC the points leader is basically guaranteed to not get the No. 1 playoff spot and not make it past the 2nd playoff round at best.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I'm not a Saints fan...

You motherfucker

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Aw, I was so happy to get Dalvin Cook back into my lineup after they said he was healthy. But they had him on a limited snap count :qq:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

I've got nearly 60 points between two dudes I left on the bench and I'm still running away with this poo poo

Hey now, Demayrius Thomas could still score me ... 82 points

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Aw yeah, I barely beat the guy who started 2 dudes on byes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

4-1 crew where you at.

lol I'm 4-1 and #12 in points scored

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
You sons of bitches I only got 2 of my 5 waiver moves in :argh:

My garbage team can't get lucky all year

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

Streaming Denver's D was a genius move

Let me tell you, streaming Arizona's D was not

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol our points leader is 3-3

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I like how it won't ever give you a 100% chance to win.

I'm ahead by 39 points, my opponent has no one playing now or playing tomorrow, and my last player is Harrison Butker, the Kansas City kicker.

My odds to win: 99%

I would love to know what happens 1% of the time to make me lose this game.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Oh come on!

:lol: owned

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

It's some poo poo that I have more points than all you booty holes and I'm sitting at 4-3 and 4th place :colbert:

How are there 3, 6-1 teams????????

We're just that good :smug:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also, the last two weeks my opponent has played at least 2 players on bye or injured.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheFlyingLlama posted:

man I have like, 4 RBs who can put up good numbers on any given night, but 2 of them will randomly suck and none of my WRs are good

so, exactly what I should have expected given my record in college fantasy lol

Marshawn Lynch is out for good and Dalvin Cook has been out forever, so I could use a RB.

Are you desperate enough to take Christian Kirk or Nelson Agholor for one of them?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheFlyingLlama posted:

probably in theory, but I only make fantasy football trades drunk and I don't really have time for that until the weekend

This is a bad policy since the games are on the weekend. Just pitch me one of your RBs for whichever you want.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Can I win a game without scoring a single touchdown? The answer is looking increasingly like yes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sure, I don't score a lot and all my opponents seem to have their worst games of the year against me, but I say good teams find a way to win under any circumstance.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

How did the Buccs manage to hold my TE to zero catches? ugggggh

What a bad week for ole chimp.

edit:

Someone tell me what the 1% chance looks like for Kenyon Barner to score me 120 points on MNF?

Buffalo finally finds their answer at QB and Kenyon throws for 15 TDs and 800 yards.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Since there are 2 teams at the top and I have the head-to-head win, I declare myself No. 1 for the last week I'll be able to do so.

I planned my byes really poorly and I'll be lucky to field a full roster at all this week.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
My entire bench was on a bye, so I had to pick up *shiver* Ty Montgomery and Alfred Blue. This is no one's fault but my own, but I still feel like bitching about it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

Welp, guess my Alfred Blue waiver claim didn't go through :/

Look man, if anything, I'm doing you a favor

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol: Michael Thomas is questionable now. I think I may just throw in the towel on this week and accept a loss before any games are played.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Can't believe I'm gonna win. I have literally no other options, my whole bench is on a bye or inactive. I had to play Alfred Blue and Legarrette Blount for god's sake.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well, it's lonely at the top, but as the owner of the 10th highest scoring team in the league, I always knew my team's excellence might eventually isolate me.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

You and me next week! Big game!

Prepare to randomly have your worst offensive outing of the year, because apparently, my team plays very good defense somehow.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Get rekt :smug:

Also a special thank you to Cammy Cam Juice for bringing Tom Benson's Ghost back down a peg. I should end the night in #2 spot!

I'm failing right into first place once again!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I laid the blue print. Enjoy your stay in first, it will be your last week there!

Haha, yeah I'm pretty hosed now that everyone knows how to beat my team, which is like #12 in scoring in our 14-team league.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe Blake Bortles didn't carry me to a win

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheFlyingLlama posted:

wtf I can't beat the dudes who are missing several starters but I can beat the top seed

:lol: I don't know if you've noticed, but my team is trash and me being on top for several weeks late in the season is a searing indictment of the whole fantasy football system.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I think it's fascinating man lol. Never have I ever seen a team with that low of points scored be doing so well so late in the season. I'm actually impressed.

Defense wins championships

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
ooo, I can actually miss the playoffs with a loss.

Going from first to not in the playoffs in like 3 weeks may be more impressive than winning the league.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ooo exciting finish here.

I think if Alshon Jeffrey holds my 5 point lead vs. my opponent's Golden Tate, I get into the playoffs. Or if Adrian Peterson drags If You Seek A Falcon to a win.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

With that run, I just need Adrian Peterson to catch ONE pass or run for 10 more yards with no turnovers for the win.

You know I can back into the playoffs if you win but you've just jinxed us both!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

And this is how PostNouveau missed the playoffs.

:lol:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

If I had won, he would be in. So if you think about it, he missed the playoffs by .6 of a point.

Yeah I like to look at it this way

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So this is some kind of keeper league or something? I've never done one of those, but my waiver claims on some dudes on the IR went through, so I guess I can ask for the details now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Should be 2 keepers.

Ah, OK. I don't think either of my IR pickups (Devonta Freeman and AJ Green) are better than my healthy keeps (Michael Thomas and Marlon Mack or Dalvin Cook), but I guess I've kept the rest of you from getting them.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 19, 2018