Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Ima be honest, not really keen on anything that has the word 'lolicon' in its description

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
suuuuurrrrrreeee you did

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
good username/av/post combo

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Expect My Mom posted:

i feel bad that i probably wont watch laid back camp, but i watched enough gifsets and two minute videos to know it's very cute and good
You got 3 months until calendar year-end, one episode is at least a nice breather between all the other series you'll probably be following week-to-week

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Very nice of them after the scanlators dropped the series a few months ago.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Professor Irony posted:

I feel the fact that Go Nagai's art is incredibly crude by today's standards also lessens any shock factor in his manga.
Speak for yourself, the build-up to the ending of the original devilman manga is still one of the most haunting things I've ever read in the medium

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

StandardVC10 posted:

What? No. Tanaka-kun is never restless. This is an imposter.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
They also got Karakuri Circus.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
the discourse over gs is worse than i could've ever imagined, i'm really disappointed in myself for not seeing it coming

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Yeah, that was pretty much destined to happen.

You know, off the top of my head, I think every manga that I've wanted to be adapted has or will become an anime, it's such a strange feeling of satisfaction.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

FilthyImp posted:

Randomly found Skilled Teaser Takagi on Crunchyroll and I think I love it.

Just a bunch of dumb middle school antics where a girl picks on her classmate in fun ways. I think it's covering the space left by Chiyo's School Road.
When you've finished the series, immediately read Chapter 36 of the manga and then click on this spoiler: https://mangadex.org/title/21843/karakai-jouzu-no-moto-takagi-san

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

FilthyImp posted:

Ah! Yessssssssss. I kind of like how the anime changed the wording slightly. Still effective and a great moment.
If I've pointed you to the wrong thing, the chapter I really wanted you to read was titled Memories, which is 36 on mangadex but apparently 31 or something elsewhere.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

DisDisDis posted:

the ending is one of the best parts of devilman. can't remember how i feel about the relative merits of baby's take versus the 70's manga though.
There were two different takes on the fate of Miki's family that I thought were equally devastating. How humanity eventually screwed itself over was pretty much the same. And Crybaby went into more detail on the giant war before god decided to reset eveything.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I, personally, cannot get enough of that ending, probably because I haven't encountered it too often in my consumption of media

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1068444789538996224

cool, i liked what i've read of the manga before the scanlator dropped it, though it's also licensed now

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Snooze Cruise posted:

Hello I haven't watched any anime this week but yesterday I did watch Black Klansman which was really good. Actually it was the first spike lee movie i ever saw.
i've only seen two, that one and do the right thing, which is as great as you've heard and still depressingly relevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Next two seasons will be ridiculous for adaptations