Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The most egregious was the thankfully defunct Amazon Strike! where you had to double dip (Prime + channel subscription) so if you just wanted the anime it was $15 a month or $160 for a year worth. That's assuming you were even in a territory where you could get Prime Video + channels.

Edit: And yes it is getting goddamn confusing figuring out where to watch what shows legally, if at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If that's the case then barring serious idiocy CR/VRV is going to be the sole player on the market when everything shakes out simply because they have the best price/selection ratio and they aggressively license shows so they have something for everyone.

That is, for anime. Netflix will probably win out for regular television, it's them or Hulu.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Surprisingly unrelated to the actual coming out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sakurazuka posted:

Anima Yell quickly becoming one of my favourites of the season

The main character of that made me realize Kirara Manga has a type (pink haired genki girls) but I'm not complaining.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Darth Walrus posted:

Incidentally, is there any meaningful tension or conflict in Slime? I know a bunch of folks seem to like it, but it sounds suspiciously like one of those 'overpowered protagonist bulldozes through everything, fixes everyone's problems with the dozens of superpowers they've pulled out of their rear end' shows, and I tend to find those pretty boring even when the power-fantasy they're fulfilling isn't outright reprehensible.
I'm watching it but yeah it's pretty much wish fulfillment so far.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Motto posted:

feel like there must be a small sample size for a hidive show to top one of the lists tho

If it's anything like the last one of those I saw, it's strictly self-reporting, they don't go out and poll fans at all. So it's about as accurate as me saying Release the Spyce is the best show on HiDive.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

DisDisDis posted:

is the senran kagura anime good

Do you like violence and boobs and violence with boobs? Think carefully.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

As an outside observer, I just want to know what Fate I need to watch to properly appreciate Today's Menu for the Emiya Family

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wark Say posted:

For real. It's like they took one hard look at all things F/SN and said: "How about we just make a healing show?". And that's it. The only show comfier than it is literally called Laid-Back Camp in English. And maybe the one about the cute catboy. :kimchi:

Man I love me some Laid-Back Camp and I am super stoked for more Comfy with a movie and a second season.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

How is Dr Stone? It only ever pops up in my feeds with ridiculous cheesecake poses so I have no idea what it's actually about.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Waffleman_ posted:

NO TATSUKI NO TANOSHII

The promo materials have just looked worse somehow. It's like they're hoping taking away budget can give it back the missing charm.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

13 shows is a bit much yeah. I typically top out at eight.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Expect My Mom posted:

"the show where a college student falls in love with a fifth grader might be good"

dude loving what
loving Hell who green lit that?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's a lot of changes I would make to the romance systems in Persona games, and yeah same sex options is pretty high on the list. I never got around to playing P3P, could you have girlfriends in that or was it strictly a hetero only game?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I find it disturbing that you can date the robot.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Just do what I do, put it in your queue and then ignore it until the lull between seasons, then binge the gently caress out of it. That's what I'm doing with Double Decker and Bloom into You.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Either way, it's good CG.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Why would people even talk about Shield Hero?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There are anime bitcoins?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If anything Rikka has more chemistry with Akane.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Truga posted:

speaking of anitubers someone liked me this a month ago but then it got taken down and now it's back up apparently.
it isn't an anituber just a random doctor watching cells at work and explaining what's going on and it's amazing how hype he is about all this and it's just really nice to see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnvgQCavmkM

Yeah I've been watching those and he's almost halfway through the series. The enthusiasm is great and he makes his own visual aides.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Waffleman_ posted:

Enigmatic Gale x Getting loving Owned

I just got their wedding invite. Such a lovely couple.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Waffleman_ posted:

Has Asuna even been in Alicization and interacting with Kirito since the first episode

They're separated but both still appearing on the show? Asuna gets like one episode every couple of them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Waffleman_ posted:

Also it was one of the best arcs because Kirito wasn't in it.

Kirito is a dumb character. SAO would be much better (and shorter) if it were about Klein instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Keep going