Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Expect My Mom posted:

it's cool that the goblin slayer guy got paid for deciding to make berserk but extremely bad, what a world

I don't know anything about goblin slayer but the first ep made it feel like nagai played doom and decided to do that but fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Terrible Opinions posted:

Crossed is significantly better written.

Crossed is so loving gross and people that like crossed are creeps.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Some of the worst people I know really like Goblin Slayer so I'm starting to feel like it's going to get much worse.

Knorth posted:

:kimchi:

Cowboy hat was very good too. Love those wiggly ears

the color in this is so good. :3:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Was that anime Charles de Gaulle

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oh, the Phoenix Wright anime started the second season, focusing on game 3. I wonder if they'll call it after this or actually do the Apollo stuff.

I totally forgot how much of a prick Godot is.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

Sayin Saga : Piccolo defeats Raddiz.
Vegeta Saga: Yajarobi defeats Vegeta.
Freeza Saga: Freeza defeats Freeza.
Trunks Saga: Trunks defeats Freeza and King Cold.
Android Saga: Cell defeats Androids.
Cell Saga: Gohan defeats Cell.
Buu Saga: Everyone in the universe defeats Buu.

In the last one, the universe tournament or w/e, Goku has to team up with Freeza in order to actually beat Jiren, and even then he loses doing it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Expect My Mom posted:

yamcha strongest human

Yamcha is walking garbage!!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Goblin Slayer has gone 3 episodes without being gross, I hope it keeps this up.

Man I really wish that the ace attorney anime could skip the next trial, it's so loving terrible and dumb. At least bridge and beginning are really good; iirc beginning doesn't have phoenix in it at all, it's just mia and edgeworth

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

dogsicle posted:

dakaichi does lead with sexual assault but i'm gonna bet that it's framed much differently and also the rest of the text isn't riffing on fascist tropes. so it doesn't get off scot-free but also i don't think i've seen anybody even bring it up here except for this disingenuous attempt at drawing a comparison.

All gay men are sexual molesters is a wretched loving stereotype and it's insanely dangerous and lovely to even have it in something in tyool 2018.

Julias posted:

So what's the difference between Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Part 5 and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Part V?

JoJo has been amazing this year. Anyway the difference you're looking for is part v stars gio "venom" Giovanna, who is just an echo of big dio

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Zombiegirl show is very cute, I enjoy it a lot. Reminds me of hanging out with my friends as a kid.

We weren't zombies, of course. We were just stupid!

My SO is a huge fan of the show, which I've found surprising since he isn't into slice of life style stuff but he says it totally isn't slice of life so :v:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The Colonel posted:

this is an anime based on a manga based on a forum thread that featured a cameo of lancer from fate and guts from berserk i feel like the ridiculousness of how the cast goes about defeating enemies isn't a chief concern for criticism when it's not exactly a property that had ever grounded itself to begin with

I've got good news

e: that's legally distinct saber, right? I don't know anything about fate other than how some characters look

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 4, 2018

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also I ended up watching some eps of the idol zombie anime and it's really cute :3:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wark Say posted:

For real. It's like they took one hard look at all things F/SN and said: "How about we just make a healing show?". And that's it. The only show comfier than it is literally called Laid-Back Camp in English. And maybe the one about the cute catboy. :kimchi:

It's a very good year for gay animes, between catboy, the Yuri schoolgirl one, and JoJo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ugh my god the AA anime hit the trial that I hate the most in the trilogy, the fake Phoenix trial

I hope they don't spend too long on this one

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I caught a bit of zombieland saga's last episode while my so was watching it and I really, really didn't expect an anime to treat that topic well at all. I was kinda blown away!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Maya's VA is really, really trying in this AA case and it's helping make it less lovely, god bless her. Also I'm kinda of surprised that Japan is apparently extremely thirsty for her?

Pollyanna posted:

I think lack of visibility is being taken as "it's completely new and we brought it to them" instead of "it always existed and no one bothered to promote/support it until recently", which is a worrying implication. As for other things that would be relevant to LGBT watchers/readers, the transformative sense you mentioned where there's ever an assertion of a previous state that contradicts an individual's current and asserted state, but I'm also talking out of my rear end here cause that's just my interpretation of what I've seen. It might be complete bullshit.

There's also the thing with the One Piece guy being exceptionally lovely about it, and One Piece is pretty big.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Motto posted:

the cafe case is good, it's 3-2 that sucks

I hate the fake phoenix thing, it's so dumb it makes me unable to enjoy the case. That's just me being weird tho :shrug:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm not surprised, but is that affecting the show? Are they fanservicing Maya?

More than they already did in the games via Mia, anyway.

A little bit here and there, enough for me to notice it at least.

Space Flower posted:

thirsty for aoi yuuki or maya? not that the outcome changes by answer here

Maya. Her VA brings a lot of energy to the show. Actually the VAs for all the female characters are extremely good in the AA anime, they're all having fun with the roles and you can tell.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Endorph posted:

3 just straight up has a sequence where you see a transwoman on the beach and junpei hits on her before realizing shes trans and freaks out and there's a line about her stubble and then she acts like a pedophile

persona 3 portable removed that bit and also had actual lesbian romance options and it seems like the director of p3p would be the heir apparent to persona now that the previous director has left with a lot of the senior staff to go make some fantasy rpg, so, here's hoping.

I will be legitimately angry if they don't let you be gay in persona 6 or whatever, specifically male/male stuff.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

IMO, a teacher should know better than to gently caress their students.

Listen, it wasn't great in the overall story, but Kawakami is extremely good.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's a real life producers, but about incest anime.

E: https://twitter.com/frendazoned/status/1067260674877870080?s=20

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Nov 27, 2018

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Fangz posted:

I hope kirito beats goblin slayer

goblin slayer doesn't belong on that list tbh, he's boring

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

i wish there were more anime showrunners horny for diverse body types and unique character silhouetting

Let me tell you about Galko-chan

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oh, the ace attorney anime is having a brand new case. I wonder if they're going to skip the Mia trial?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

So what exactly happens in Shield Hero? Is it just intensely misogynistic?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This ace attorney case is amazing lmao

Mr Cashanova shot by Avery Richman, as the Goldstruck Republic was a threat to the American Economy, and the prosecutor is from the DoJ.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

GS's ep was really good this week. JoJo was good, ace attorney wrapped up their case in a fun way with the us Attorney General showing up (also the anime writers have zero idea how the us Justice system works lol)

Anime.... Anime good??

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

We get that you hate Goblin Slayer but it has led you to defend pedophile anime, which you have also been watching apparently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Anyway ace attorney is doing turnabout memories as the next case, which is cool. I'm glad we're going to get a lot of time with Mia and I remember this case being good.