Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Relin posted:

trigger show people will convince themselves is good even though they still havent topped ttgl:

ssss.gridman

i know it's a trigger thing that they lowkey bash on their side projects because japanese work culture is funny but wew this year's AX bashing on gridman was especially intense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i liked the part where the fans who got to come up to accept autographs from all the trigger folk being filmed for everyone to see in the audience, the guy who pulled the gridman placard visibly instantly soured and you could taste the disappointment

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

its just happy sugar life 2

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The Colonel posted:

cutie honey is like the world record for how fast a manga could make me put it down

real catchy op tho

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Darth Walrus posted:

The reveal of the wireframe inside that discount Godzilla’s neck in SSSS was pretty wild.

what if anime is the cyber world and the big twist at the end is that it transitions into a live action show

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the whole catch of the story isn't even engaging unless you're willing to be just as ignorant as the poo poo newbie teams going out getting owned. If this really was a world where even goblins were a massive threat and needed to be treated with caution then society should have evolved to address them as such. Instead all these newbies act completely against that and the whole narrative of countless poo poo kids getting merc'd is written off as a "learning experience". It's honestly a case where making it an isekai so you can have some measure of fish out of water element in it would have fit that awkwardness would have actually worked.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i know i'm going to catch flak for criticizing this one but that's essentially my one irk about irozoku sekai, that the mc constantly laments losing the color in her life because she hates magic. Except magic has been present in her life and the world as a whole forever so no one would rationally make that judgment, it's weird. It'd be like a millenial kid whining about how electricity and electronics were a mistake and sapped his life of color and meaning. I hope there's some sort of substance or explanation that goes into why she'd make that kind of judgment instead of it just being wholly a romance show from the looks of it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ccs posted:

GS worldbuilding is bad because it presents the people living in the world as having the knowledge base of RPG players who think dragons are the hard enemies and goblins are just to gain exp. Whereas if this is supposed to be a believable world people would see goblins as a big threat. Cause of all the dead young people

essentially what i was trying to say, said better

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Roth posted:

Why do so many Tolkien-esque fantasy anime use RPG mechanics as a part of the actual world anyway?

I feel like that Adventures' Guild where the main characters get quests from could be from any 50 fantasy anime.

the sheet the guild lady hands to priest in gobbuslay is literally a 5e character sheet

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dehry posted:

More Goblins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8HV7ogbas

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

conception is terrible

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

There was a self proclaimed fujoshi in an art class I attended who was the most obnoxious in your face smelly kid in the class

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

DisDisDis posted:

physically smelly?

Yeah she prided herself in not showering regularly also spent tons of money on thrift shop garbage like specifically buying a pair of gross sneakers because they looked like they had cum and blood stains on them.
On her birthday she screeched at me and my group to draw her gay Furry rainbow sparkledog OC, but now I'm just bashing some random outlier who I wish I could forget about

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

It's anime alt time line Megatron and Optimus prime

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Endorph posted:

much like megatron, the purple one has stick thin legs

No the purple one is evil anime Optimus prime

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

It's literally just happy sugar life s2

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ibblebibble posted:

Agreed.

Will admit, laughed out loud when I saw the maid's in-game avatar just pull out a gun.

Also they literally just used a 100% orange juice sound effect here
https://track9.mixtape.moe/ijggut.webm

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Turtlicious posted:

this is a semi-common sentiment among young people.

it turns out she's literally physically color blind probably from some magic related incident, so i'm giving the point to them for explaining it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The 7th Guest posted:

the cheerleading show has an actual coming out scene

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

when new game s3

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ccs posted:

Gridman has such good CG, my god. The handling of shadows is incredible and things move so well. I dunno if they're using really polished mocap or hand-keying it, but its great.

They're prob sharing in house stuff that they've prob been developing for a while considering promare is entirely cg

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dekaichi(chi)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i haven't watched this week's ep but i thought last week's town portal scroll connected to deep underwater to essentially pressure hydraulics slaughter an ogre was cool that poo poo is 300% just literally DnD

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this week's gaikotsu honda san loving slayed me i'm dead

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

america just loves rape culture tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011