Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gurazeni!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

watching bad movies with friends is actually fun sorry everybody

It has to be actually troll 2 level content though not just the primordial isekai

I don't think that's really hate watching. I feel affection for all the weird movies like Troll 2 and enjoy myself so I can't really call it hate. I also think on some level they're good movies, because they entertain us and bring us together.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

klapman posted:

At one point you can go on a date with one of the girls, and there's a choice of movies. Standard horror, action, romance, etc, but there's also what is basically a movie for preschoolers. If you pick it the protagonist is hooting and hollering in the theater, screaming and having an incredible time, as the girl sits there staring into the screen with a completely vacant expression.

lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

Banana Fish post.
I'm watching the 11th episode right now, and I'm thinking of dropping it already. In reality I lost interest some episodes ago. I dislike MC's treatment in the narrative.
-He is so pretty, everyone wants to gently caress him.
-Look at him, he is so badass! No one can stand against him.
-He has a sooo tragic past, pity him.
-He is like a wild animal, untameable, always looking for freedom and always dangerous. Rawr.
-He is so smart, too!
-He is like a king for his gang, they love him and fear him. He is so charismatic, despite being so young.
-He is so much a bad body, but still has a vulnerable core and will risk everything for the people he loves. Ohh.

Etc.

If you've made it 11 episodes that means you like it

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gurazeni is still Gurazeni, although the animation was a bit worse this ep

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gurazeni's new ED is really fun. Wish they had a new song though

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The style grew on me and I liked how cinematic it was, lots of dangerous angles. The theme at the end when Bruno was interrogating Giorno took a lot from the Neodammerung song from The Matrix which made me laugh

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gridman was cool

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Motto posted:

the ones that are currently popular (in the west at least) are all adaptations by different creators that largely avoid the stuff people don't like in his manga, so

e: and consists entirely of Crybaby and maybe Re:, if we're being brutally honest

I think the anitwitter people who around the beginning of the year were pushing Go Nagai as some kind of counter cultural manga icon were paid fat stacks from Dynamic Pro

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I liked the CGI in Gridman and the silent buildup to the timpani-heavy hero theme was awesome. I'm excited for where it goes next

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I also think people overstate the Eva-ness of it, even when it directly visually quoted eva it didn't feel like it was making commentary or whatever, it was just having fun because the two shows share the same sort of nostalgic source. Tha'ts how I see it anyway

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yeah

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

jojo is extremely normie now, but hell, even a broken clock is right twice a day

Now?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

*after watching eight episodes of the goblin rape show* i'm publically disavowing the goblin rape show, because the fantasy world where goblins exist is unrealistic

Lmfao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Motto posted:

*nodding*

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yasuke is awesome

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Megalobox looked good

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Water Margin is incredibly fun to read, there are jokes and phrases in it that have been stuck in my head ever since, like "I will sell this column of hot blood to the man who appreciates it's warmth" and "Of the 52 ways to get out of trouble, the best one is...leave."

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

There's a chapter called "Wu Yong by a ruse captures the birthday gifts" which should tell you a lot about how great it is

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Argas posted:

Any particular translation you recommend for Water Margin?

Sidney Shapiro's is probably the best

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gurazeni s2 has a lot better stories than the first one, there's some more slice of life and off season stuff which is great. I'm catching up and Episode 18 is a great episode

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Erg posted:

id be okay with making one if srice doesn’t because 90% of the anime I watched this year was old and I wanna talk about them a little more at least

This

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Captain Cappy posted:

Is Strike Witches fascist propaganda?

It's less fascist than any American blockbuster to come out in the last decade

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

My big Saint Seiya fan friend was pretty let down by it so far. I have no knowledge of Saint Seiya but maybe I'll try to summarize her thoughts since they were interesting and made me want to watch Saint Seiya

Saint Seiya is really good and you would probably enjoy it

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I read a bit of Saintia Shou as well and it reuses a lot of plotlines from the 80s movies but I'll give the anime a shot because it has a good look

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I enjoyed episode one of Saintia Sho a bit, packing all of volume 1 into a single episode really made the pacing bearable and it matches the style of the 80s show incredibly well which is fun to watch

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Dororo is cool but I wonder how they are going to deal with the manga not having that much of an ending.

The way the manga ends is cooler than any of the endings people have made up although the original anime's would have been good if they have it space to breathe

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

A prestige adaptation of Dororo that pulls off the dramatic vision of the original would be nice but when I watched the original earlier this year I became super invested in the goofy black comedy demon hunting show it became. The episode where they get stuck in a demon haunted village and spend 20 minutes trying elaborate methods of escapijg evil crows and cats before Hyakkimaru just walks up to the demon and stabs it is one of my favorite single episodes of an anime I have watched this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I enjoyed the second episode of Saintia Sho. I don't know if it'd be a good show for people who aren't already deep lore Seiyaheads though, since the brand new adventure with Shoko is intercut with lots of unnamed cameos from people in the show. It's cool that Athena is a viewpoint character for once