Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Oh boy has it been a minute since I've been here to talk poo poo about anime and have meaningless internet arguments about dumb anime poo poo.

Speaking of which I see the Goblin Slayer thread has been gas chambered already. I would have been surprised if it wasn't.

What's the hot thing these days? Already caught up on Goblin Slayer, Gridman, and some of Bunny Girl Sempai, and planning to check out the slime show.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Agronox posted:

Other than those, Zombieland Saga and Bloom Into You (the latter of which I haven't seen yet but is popular around here).

Not sure about either as neither idol nor romance stuff has ever been my thing but I'll give them a shot.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Oh btw if there are good recs for previous seasons I'd appreciate those too. The only shows I've watched all year outside this season are Franxx and Angels of Death.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Julias posted:

Welcome back ViggyNash.

Since Winter, some of the top shows I've seen talked about have been

A Place Further than the Universe
Yuru Camp
Pop Team Epic
Killing Bites
Citrus
Overlord II and III
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan 2
Violet Evergarden
Hinamatsuri
My Hero Academia Season 3
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Megalo Box
Wotakoi
Hanebado!
Harukana Receive
Planet With
Asobi Asobase
Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight 
Hisone to Maso-tan
Yama no Susume (encouragement of climb) season 3
Cells at Work
Gurazeni
Skull-Faced Bookseller Honda-san
Bunny-Girl Senpai
SSSS.Gridman
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Bloom Into You
Zombieland Saga
Lupin Part 5
Jojo Part 5
Hugtto! Pretty Cure
Baki the Grappler OVA
Devilman Crybaby
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Netflix's Aggressive Retsuko

Ibblebibble posted:

Place Further Than The Universe
Yurucamp
Megalobox
Hanebado
Grand Blue
Cells at Work
Hinamatsuri
SAO:GGO
Asobi Asobase
Umamusume (surprisingly)
Comic Girls
Wotakoi
Harukana Receive

Mmmhmmm, well guess I'll see you all in a couple months if I don't die from too much anime.

e: Forgot I already caught Devilman (wtf Yuasa) and Hinamatsuri as well. Feels like so long ago I forgot they were this year.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Dec 19, 2018

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Holy poo poo Asobi Asobase is 100% Daily Lives of High School Girls. And that ed...

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

Yeah, it's the closest I've seen to Daily Lives in years, but a bit meaner.

And significantly more butt jokes.

E: "Yaaay! gently caress you!"

This show is a diamond mine of unwholesome goodness.

E2: oh my god Olivia's brother

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 20, 2018

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
This might be old news but HOLY poo poo CHIHAYAFURU SEASON 3 IS HAPPENING

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Droyer posted:

tbf there was a whole ep about yuta getting jealous because rikka was going to a mixer with that idol group.

Yeah the show is straight up trying to ship the two, or it was at least for a couple episodes before we dived headlong into Akane's misery and torment.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I plan to watch that once I've watched the show, which is somewhere in that bigass backlog list I was given. I really enjoy those 'Irl professional discusses fictional renditions of their field' stuff. Especially that one linguistics coach Wired got to discuss accents in various Hollywood things.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I couldn't stand GGO, only got through 8 ish episodes. How much is there between that and Aliciazation?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I meant season 2 of SAO yeah. I tried to give it an honest shot and it was just blandly inoffensive at first so I didn't immediately drop it. It continued to be somewhere between dumb and bland until I gave up on it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also it was one of the best arcs because Kirito wasn't in it.

Sold.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
^^
I'm totally down for more Ufotable X Kajiura but that trailer had some real strong tonal whiplash.

StandardVC10 posted:

Aw geez I'm not sure I'm ready to see the manga ending again

an actual dog posted:

Yea same I'm full of dread even tho it's gonna be good

Please don't do this, it feels spoilery even if I don't know specifically what is being referred to.

Super hyped for more krad-riding adventures though.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 22, 2018

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I never did watch much past the first season as much as I loved it. I've gotta get back to it at some point.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Just started Zombieland Saga and I love how quickly the show killed off the mc, then proceeded to play satanic death metal over her slo-mo dying corpse.

E: Holy poo poo this keeps getting more ridiculous by the second

E2: and after all that the ed is... watercolors and piano.

What?

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 23, 2018

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Meinberg posted:

see you on the other side friend

Episode 4 and I hate the CG for the performances but I think I'm pretty into the absurdity of it all.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Ya know, there's a perfectly healthy Gridman thread for talking about Gridman spoilers.

Captain Cappy posted:

You could remove 3-4 episodes of material from Zombieland and it would be better for it I think.

I think I'm in the middle of the drama bits now and I'm definitely just waiting for the show to stop making sense again.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I didn't watch the new episode yet, but overall I have liked GS despite it's issues. Wisecrack lays it out the parts I like pretty well in their video on GS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SXLtltYE8w

I'm not going to defend the lovely stuff in the show. I'm just saying it's worth watching despite that if you have the patience and tolerance.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Catching up on Irozuku and I love the show, but I also feel like they missed an opportunity. They use heavily saturated colors right from the start and only swap to monochrome for short perspective shots from Hitomi to remind us she can't see color. So the parts where she suddenly sees color again don't feel that pronounced. Obviously doing most of the show in monochrome would alienate a lot of the audience, but at least a somewhat muted color pallet would have worked.

Still, another great show out of PA Works.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

bahamut posted:

I am overcoming my posting shyness to say that I did. I know it's not the best animated thing, and some of the hijinx and wackiness can be kind of off-putting (this was the issue expressed to me by a local friend), but I will continue to stay caught up if they keep making more episodes. I really need to get around to reading the actual manga.

:justpost:

Everyone's down to read a good/interesting take, or just get hype about something.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Sindai posted:

Irozuku meandered around the middle but I've rarely seen a landing stuck so hard.

I've loved nearly all of it so far so I can't wait to watch the finale tonight when I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
That was the best capstone finale I could have hoped for. A beautiful show all the way through, art and music included. I still think they had a missed opportunity not doing much thematically with the art direction but at least it remained gorgeous the whole show. Another incredible title to add to PA Works's incredible catalogue of shows.