Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i'm gonna watch

- jojo
- bloom into you
- the running one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Toalpaz posted:

Honestly same, even though I finished like 7-8 shows last season.

Why live without the uplifting struggles of young people.
everyone in new jojo is between 15 - 21 and they struggle with reforming organized crime and having to drink another guy's piss

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Toalpaz posted:

I'll probably watch it, even though I'm in the minority and the 4th jojo kinda lost me. (fell off watching it and never picked it up again in the second cour I believe)
that's a shame, Part 4 is really good.

you don't need to have finished to enjoy Part 5, but it's a chill goofy time with some of the best writing in the series so idk maybe try it again but yeah Part 5 is almost entirey standalone

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

grrarg posted:

This is by the Minami-ke/Yuru Yuri/Love Lab/Umaru-chan/Gabriel Dropout team so it will probably be better than the :yikes: description would suggest.
"probably" is doing so much loving work here, my guy

yet still not nearly enough

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Turtlicious posted:

I've watched like 10 episodes of this my hero academia show on Netflix and when do the super cool villains show up? Like I think it's a parody of a school anime right now?

Theme song is adorable tho.

E2 Susie is ok.
literally episode 9

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
shigaraki is cool and cute

I do not remember a pirate

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
dude even dragonball has one important woman in it and shes like 30 with a kid

the other one is a robotized teenager who breaks an alien man's arm and makes him cry and it's been over 20 years since then like what

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmao

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
went ahead and made the JoJo Part 5 thread cause i woke up early and the old one is almost three years old and has 500 pages

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
witches aren't superheroes, but they are super heroes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Turtlicious posted:

i thought they were super heroes in training.

e: and people told me it was a slow burn :(
here you go http://www.crunchyroll.com/my-hero-academia

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the OP doesn't use the big JoJo Part 5 PV which is a shame since it's one of my fav anime pvs ever i think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYAFegnvBIM

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 25, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Julias posted:

Duly noted.
ty, didn't mean for that come off as passive aggressive as it did

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
nice boat

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
thank you, I could not remember his name

hello shuichi

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

Banana Fish is concrete noir, which makes me dread a live-action version not done film noir.

e: Starlight needed another 35 episodes and a budget and David Cage doing punch-up on the writing while on French acid.
this post.......ffucking sucks!

also

Sharkopath posted:

That post just makes me want to watch banana fish.
this

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/MrDorian71/status/1045731119935754240

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

this meme sucks

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Everything Burrito posted:

First episode of running boys is fantastic

It looks great and all the boys are very cute and distinctive :3: It covers a lot of ground as far as introducing everyone, laying out the premise, and setting up some drama and angst. Music was very good as well, I liked the ED a lot as well as the track that played at the end during their early morning run. Also there is a cute dog!!

I've been wanting another show with team sports and older characters -- there isn't really much that falls into that category (One Outs, Giant Killing, Gurazeni which I have unfortunately not watched yet) so this is really filling a niche for me and I already love it. The college setting should be fun as well. There's a pretty big age spread between the oldest and youngest characters so I think it'll be interesting to see how those dynamics play out, as well as all the different personalities clashing.
I watched this too.

It's still a bit of an unknown quantity, but I enjoyed the first episode. Not sure if this is going to be more of a drama or a chill comedy, but I liked the characters and looking forward to more of their chemistry. Them being all in college and almost total beginners to the sport are refreshing and make this feel relatable, at least to me imo.

the sleepy manga literature student is a huge mood, down to the field of study. i love him

the smoking guy is hot too

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the law school guy was also hot, and i usually hate that type of look

lotta hot guys this season

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

lol

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i feel bad that i probably wont watch laid back camp, but i watched enough gifsets and two minute videos to know it's very cute and good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the scene of the girl getting headbutted by the dog right in the gut is still very funny

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I also just finished the first episode of Bloom Into You and I'm a bit colder on it. I found the animation to be pretty sterile, and there were some weird shot choices (a strange amount of first person scenes in the first half?). They would also cut scenes short, move onto the next scene, and then in the next scene, flashback to the last scene and continue from where it left off. Sometimes they wouldn't even do that and would just end scenes early, like when our two love interests meet, they talk for a bit, and are clearly going to keep interacting because they're working together, but then the scene ends and we're later in the day? Like no what happened, go back!

I also am not vibing off any of the characters yet and am really not feeling any sparks between our two leads. They both struggle with finding love and someone they really connect with and I'm cool with that, I've totally had to turn down people I wasn't interested in and that's a tough thing to deal with, but suddenly our deuteragonist thinks she's falling in love with the lead and confesses....and then they wave it off and skip to the next day?

I guess I'm just kinda confused? I'm sure a lot of this is just first episode establishing stuff, but I'm a little frustrated since I've heard a ton about this, but I felt stuff like Citrus which had it's flaws and even Run Like The Wind this season got me hooked on the character relationships quickly in the first episode and left me wanting more in a good way. I dunno, I'm gonna stick with it for a few more episodes but I felt this was a weird episode, I dunno maybe the manga would be more my speed, or im weird idk

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I think it's more sports focused? It feels like it anyway with the "rival" type having a leg injury he's still getting over. It's based off a novel so I don't know anyone who knows the source material

also that show is getting 23 episodes which is way more than i thought

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wait its actually Run With The Wind, I'm sorry for misinforming you all

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Lemon-Lime posted:

The weird, no-chemistry relationship is intended.

The premise of the manga is that both main characters have a weird, unhealthy attitude to relationships, and Nanami suddenly deciding she's into Yuu is part of that. Pretty much 80% of what happens in the manga is exploring why Nanami thinks that way, and it takes a good ~15 chapters until you have enough context for her behaviour to make sense and for their relationship to not feel odd.

So all that stuff is absolutely the point, though I haven't seen the episode so I have no idea how much ground the show is going to cover. I suspect it'll end around chapter 30 because that's the most natural break-point in the manga so far, so you can probably expect it to take anywhere between 5 and 7 episodes until things start falling into place.
Okay interesting! That's good to hear, thanks.

Yeah I might switch to the manga, the presentation of the anime might be doing more harm than good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

*points at your post* Experts have said this is like Darling in the FranXX, but worse

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
please watch jojo everyone

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was wondering how sympathetic the show wanted me to be towards the MC. It's a hard line to walk between "You absolutely shouldn't date someone you're not interested in" and "you're being way too unreasonable" and I found Bloom Into You felt more like the former imo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i just remembered this is still happening
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1031232080204705792

so maybe check jojo out if you're still shopping around for your seasonal shows

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Motto posted:

this seems overdramatic, even as someone with less than no interest in GS
abesolute

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's cool that the goblin slayer guy got paid for deciding to make berserk but extremely bad, what a world

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
imo go nagai stuff and berserk too still has elements of sincerity and humanity that make them worth reading if one could get past their frivolous sexual violence but I also understand if one could not

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
like even the arc of berserk where guts is frequently left in the middle of a field of children's corpses ends on the idea that there it's pointless to always run from your situation and seek a paradise, but to stick it out in the battlefield of your life and idk I like that

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 7, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

For being the arc that was fairly upfront at being all child murdery, the Valley of Lost Children was actually pretty drat good and not even one of the really gross arcs.
yeah beserk's pretty good imo, extremely unpopular opinion I'm sure

anyway fall anime, I'm excited for some episode 2s this week. i should check out more stuff, but like, i get so tired of watching first episodes that i need to watch something develop rather than set up ya know?

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 8, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

stratego posted:

No show this season has the pace of Planet With and it makes me sad. I feel I've been spoiled.
jojo has face licking, turning suitcases into frogs and getting your body unzipped in the first episode are you not entertained

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[watching fantasy anime] :hmmyes: ah clearly inspired by daggerfall there, and that's a precise reference to the parts of oblivion michael kirkbride wrote while on acid :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i would extremely recommend re-reading berserk

or maybe just reading it in general