Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
It's probably PA Works Magical Re:Life and KyoAni Archers for me.

And whatever else you guys say is good 7-8 weeks into the season. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

(Where is my Love Lab S2 dangit you're killing me here)

I am slowly reconciling myself to the reality that there will never be a season 2. Which is really too bad as it was such a great comedy kinda overlooked during its time.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

The worst part is that the manga only starts to hit its stride right after the point where the anime ended, so we aren't even gonna see the best material animated.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That means amazon prime, right?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

No, Sentai stuff goes on Hidive

Ugh, thanks.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

DisDisDis posted:

that sounds stupid

It’s a trope literally stretching back hundreds of years, as far back as Don Quixote

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

The 7th Guest posted:

I feel like not enough spyce has been released yet

as usual we have more than enough salt though

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Is that for the movie? Wonder who the other character is. Doesn’t look like the lieutenant.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Endorph posted:

did you think the show was actually about loving and then girls having tons of actual pregnancies and giving actual birth to kids

that is exactly what i thought

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
i mean if you swap the word "goblins" for kids then there's literally a show like that this season

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

a kitten posted:

It's been fun everyone. Let's wrap it up on a positive note ok?

Great job everyone! We did it! High fives

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
God bless you AHL, that sounds like a tough thread to make and the odds of people just coming by to take dumps on it are very high.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

lol 420 new posts since i last looked, okay, maybe i'll skim them

edit: the above was a mistake

Agronox fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 13, 2018

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

If they want to push me back into just pirating everything they're going a good way about it

Yeah, it's getting super confusing to find out who has what where and what I have to do to legally watch it now.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Was it bad or just something that no one cares about? Both?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Terrible Opinions posted:

As possibly the only person on earth who watched it, it was very bad, but not even bad in a funny way.

The plot is a get the band back together story but for an MMO guild that collapsed after one of its members got Black Leaf'd from dying in game. The characters in said guild keep making references to past events that we haven't seen and don't sound terribly interesting even if he had seen them. The main drive of the show itself is love triangles between middle schoolers who are all basically just unhappy due to misunderstanding. Their is a vague badguy conspiracy to do something bad with the kids psychic powers that are only visible while they play the MMO, I think. The show isn't terribly interested in the bad guys and has them get arrested off screen in the last minutes of the final episode.

Awesome. Love adaptations where you can tell nobody gave a poo poo.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Kaos-chan is a delight.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Endorph posted:

The first couple eps of the show are super rough, but it gets a lot better as it goes on and it crossreferences the dumb gimmicks less.

Tbh I kinda went the other way on that: the gags kept me entertained from the start but some of the later episodes are harder to watch because she keeps failing over and over in ever more depressing ways. It’s nice once Kaos finally gets a win but wow it’s a long time coming.

Fun show regardless, would recommend.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Which one are you talking about?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Oh yeah, fair point.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Weren’t the Model 3s equipped with summer tires (as opposed to all-seasons) as well? Going to have some crashy times in snowy climes if people don’t switch to winters :(

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

The flattest bras in town!

don’t dox me

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That was ventriloquism

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Trump’s America

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

If any of y'all are sleeping on Gridman this season, poo poo just got reaaaaaaal interesting in the latest episode.

I am sleeping on too many things. Seems like a good season overall and all I'm watching is Slime at the moment.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Just got to episode 4 of Bunny Girl Senpai and was thinking a few minutes in, "man, this is pretty interesting, giving off a kind of Haruhi vibe, even that cat looks like Shamisen," and then the newscaster comes on again... :)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Davincie posted:

*puts on triumph of the will*

great direction, terrific speeches and i really enjoyed the musical sequences

shame that there's a bunch of nazis in it though

This was pretty much the stance of film critics for several decades

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I'm not watching much this season, but I agree that Bunny Girl is the best of the lot so far. Really well-drawn characters (whom you will probably like!) and clever banter.

I like Slime too, for the same reasons as everyone else. Irozuku is mediocre, apart from the visuals... it's felt like the plot was just on the verge of getting getting into gear now for three weeks, but it just doesn't seem to happen. It reminds me of one of PA Works's shows from last year, Sakura Quest, where it's never actually bad, just kind of... super slow. Sakura Quest ended pretty well, though, so I'm hoping Irozuku will too.

Hoping to start SSSS Gridman pretty soon.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

Anyone else gonna be a trash guy like me and watch redhead quintuplet harem romdramedy Gotoubun?

I probably will and be disappointed in myself for doing so

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Watched all of Zombieland Saga over the last few days. Those first two episodes are just fantastic, a great introduction with a lot of panache. I don't think the show since then has lived up to the promise of those eps, but it's still a lot of fun.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It may be mildly amusing to see how modern English fans interpret Rei's character wrong compared to how 90's/00's fans interpreted Rei's character wrong!

Which was what, if you don't mind? I wasn't around at the time...

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
The usual disclaimer that “who knows who votes on these things” applies but I still kinda like seeing it:

I suppose the idol producer being less of a poo poo, or Actually Nice to Lily may have pushed him over.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Yeah, shouldn’t we actually wait to see if there actually are dumb hot takes before getting annoyed by them

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Irozuku, man, when you think about it it's such a weird show. Here's a slice of life about a literal time traveler, who doesn't keep it secret, and no one cares. But what she's embarrassed about and hates herself for is being colorblind. She's also super boring, pretty much the most bland character in the show, and regularly upstaged by her grandmother.

Now the plot seems finally set in motion, as someone confesses to her, and she handles it in the most Hitomi of ways, by literally running away.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
If somebody asked me what I'd most look forward to every week for this season, I would not have guessed an idol show.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

yall have got to loving stop posting takes from people who don't even have 200 followers and broadcast themselves with poo poo like "the brutal and tyrannical Chinese warlord from the second century is my husband"

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
IIRC the old K-On thread slowly morphed from “watch these dumb girls eat cake” to ironically liking it to actually liking it.

But it never did make any of the forum’s AOTY lists, which is kinda surprising in retrospect because if you look at what DID make it, K-On generally held up much better in comparison.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Glad to hear that about ZLS and Slime. They're both fun shows so it's good to see them do well.

SSSS is going to go into my "hopefully watch before the last episode airs" pile.

It's been a decent season I'd say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

dogsicle posted:

they're going to singlehandedly keep aramaki and kamiyama fed with lovely car commercial cg projects