Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Lone Goat posted:

That exchange between Gabby and Christian was incredible.

:j: do you you want to meet play with me?
:byodood: what like in the sand?

There was something really creepy about the cadence and tone she had during that sequence. Like, horror movie possessed child or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

The Bloop posted:

I super want them to form an unbreakable friendship and steamroll the game

:wiggle: I want YOU to come join Slam Town.
:reject: You're asking me to emigrate to Slam Town? Become a Slamtonian? I don't know, what's in it for me? I mean, you're the mayor of Slam Town, what do I get?
:wiggle: Deputy Mayor?
:reject: I don't know, that seems like a very ceremonial position. I don't want to be out, you know, cutting ribbons at the new Slamming Salon while you're out forming policy. How about Comptroller?
:wiggle: Comptroller?
:reject: Yes, Comptroller of Slam Town.

And thus was born the beginning of a new alliance, an alliance to surpass Mason-Dixon; the City Council of Slam Town. With their unique mix of brains, brawn, civic duty and bureaucratic savvy, the City Council of Slam Town proceeded to dominate the rest of the game.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Hey Mark Burnett

Yeah I know you're reading this thread you trump-loving piss-tape-having shitbird

All will be forgiven if you make a sequel to Kid Nation called Slamtown and make a bunch of nerds and pro-wrestlers form a government. John and Christian can host. You don't have to pay me for this idea.

Also, Jared needs to be involved.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Yeah, I mean, Christian looks happy when the idol play happens, he doesn't look surprised. Angelina, on the other hand.....

Also, I'm disappointed AF that John and Christian didn't have a manly bro hug after the votes were read.

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 17, 2018

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Rarity posted:

It's cool, he's still Comptroller of Slamtown :unsmith:

Acting mayor, now, but City Council Head Dan is going to introduce a lot of procedural delays.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

The idol rules parchment probably says any votes cast against you will not count. Unless it has a little asterisk and fine print on it I'd be pissed and say I was lied to by production which I think is sort of how the Australian Survivor player reacted.

Yeah, if the only way to find out about the very existence Idol Nullifier was to either find it or have it played against you, that's uncool.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Eh, its not like anyone knows about any of the other secret powers out there. Hell, they only know there's idols because they've watched the show and know its such a staple of things. There was a time no one knew the idols were out there and even the current players don't know how many are out there.

I feel like the problem is that idols have been around so long and have become some ubiquitous that people kind of see them as a "right" instead of a special power. For me I kind of see the Immunity Necklace as the "right" and the idol as the screwy thing so if another screwy thing fucks with it, ah well. That's Survivor.

Well, it's one thing to say 'And there are various secret advantages that can affect how votes are cast,' but the Idol comes with a sheet of instructions and what not, and if it says 'If played, no votes will count against you,' period, and you rely on that, that's uncool. To my mind, at least.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

I understand what you're saying, though. I think it just comes down to how much of an "Indelible right" you personally feel the idol or the writing on the parchment is.

It’s still a game with rules. If you don’t know the rules, you’re a fool. If you *can’t* know the rules, it’s not a game.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Gabby is jealous, but not of Christian's girlfriend. She's jealous of Christian himself.

Remember back to the beginning of the season, when she was going on about how, as a technical writer, she had to be kind of a 'nerd whisperer' and basically said that she would wrap Christian around her finger. A few weeks later, and Christian has been revealed to be intelligent, gregarious (the guy gets along with frickin everybody, including the two 'jocks.' Granted, these two jocks happen to include what seems to be a closet nerd, and a guy still struggling with self image problems after a rocky childhood, but still.) He's revealed himself to have leadership qualities, and a surprising amount of emotional maturity and insight for anybody his age, let alone a 'nerd.' He's quirky, charming, and he's been doing surprisingly well in immunity challenges.

Gabby sees all that, and she looks at herself, and she's jealous. She feels her 'queen-of-the-nerds' status threatened. She doesn't seem to particularly worry about Davey, the self-described 'blerd,' because he neither looks nor acts stereotypically 'nerdy' on a regular basis. She doesn't seem to have a problem with southern belle Kara, the stereotypical pretty blonde thing. She doesn't seem to have a problem with Alison, the statuesque, handsome professional. She doesn't seem to have a particular problem with any of the other random folks who are, or were, on the tribe.

I get the feeling that back in the real world, she's used to having the 'nerds' that she does technical writing for fawn over her, or thinking that they do, so she's built that into her core sense of self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Lone Goat posted:

At this wrestling show it's :20bux: to get a photo or signature with Johnny Jury so I guess I'll never make it to Slamtown city council.

Slamtown needs revenue for municipal infrastructure.