Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah I kind of hope they Bobby Jon'd that Pat guy and put him in 38 (If he had healed enough) or will put him in 39.

That's right, a Bobby Jon reference in 2018.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

You would have to be rich to afford the biggest ice skates, so you could be the best skater.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The way at the end Ian's game goes from being the only person that has any chance against Tom to just utterly collapsing is hilarious. It's sad but hilarious.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

There was a time no one knew the idols were out there and even the current players don't know how many are out there.

To be fair, when the Idols were first introduced in Guatemala there specifically was a treemail announcing to all players what the Idol is and that it's hidden out in the jungle somewhere.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 26, 2018

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Also it took me like 12 years to realize "treemail" was a pun on "e-mail".

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

garthoneeye posted:

I think it’s kind of bullshit that Carl found a valid alternate solution to the challenge, but nope you also have to read our minds, no immunity for you.
Yeah honestly that kind of bothered me. It probably only would have bought Carl two more days (Similar to Dan vs. the Nullifier) but still.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well Tom was pissed at Ian too because he figured out that Ian had planned on betraying him a vote or two earlier had Tom not won a crucial Immunity. Both Tom and Katie really went at Ian over the Reward thing and the planned betrayal the night before that last Immunity challenge.

I think Ian was just a sensitive kid more than anything and really thought he had pulled something of an All-Stars Boston Rob (This was probably the last season everyone had seen all of at the time too) and just flat out ruined his relationships with people that he really did want to be friends with over some goofy rear end mistakes he made.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vernacular posted:

Its kinda something to think about a season like Cook Islands even getting the green light, let alone in today's social climate. I never actually watched it. Was it pretty awkward at times? Just cringing at the thought of Jeff hammering away at the racial theme like he does for the themes of new seasons like David vs Goliath, MvGX, etc.
It doesn't actually come up that much, and one tribe even actively laughs at Jeff and kind of makes fun of him for even trying to bring it up.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Zesty posted:

Are you dorks kidding me?
You don't cut from a guy happily talking about his girlfriend to another girl looking mad if you're not trying to imply jealousy. That's Editing 101, specifically the Kuleshov effect.

Of course you could argue this suggestion is forced and doesn't naturally flow from everything else we've seen in the season, and I'd agree.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm just wondering when we get another Becky and Sundra out of this F4 Firemaking.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What do you guys think Angelina should have done? Save Alison with the Idol to vote out Mike?

Like it would never have happened considering her weird hangup over Alison but still.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Earl got a single throwaway vote against him at one point IIRC.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

“Another satisfied customer.”

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

To be fair Russell didn't even know he lost Samoa until after filming on HvV finished. It's not like he had 100% certainty that his Samoa game was a failure and he played the same way anyways.

Now granted, because its Russell even if he did know he probably still wouldn't change things too much but still.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Khanstant posted:

I didn't know that, what's that timeline?
Samoa Filming: June 11th - July 19th, 2009
Heroes vs. Villains Filming: August 9th - September 16th, 2009
Samoa Finale: December 20th, 2009
Heroes vs. Villains Finale: May 16th, 2010

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm watching Gabon myself and uh wow, talk about a losing streak.

At least its kind of neat seeing Ken "The Ken Combo" Combo on here.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lol do you think they invited Lex to the wedding?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I’ve been watching Heroes vs. Villains.

What in the hell was Tyson thinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ApplesandOranges posted:

Post game interviews indicate that he was taking a gamble to take out Parvati, who he felt was the bigger threat. Not the worst thought process but still dangerous to go against the plan created by your allies.
Was it more about him somehow getting the credit for taking out Parvati then? Because my understanding of the point of Boston Rob's vote split plan was that it was to safely take out Parvati, with Russell being the backup in case she somehow had an Idol, if not directly in that vote then in the one after where she would be down an ally.

The potential reward for Tyson doesn't seem to match the huge risk (Especially since it could alienate his own allies like I think you're saying), but I could be missing something here or confusing myself more.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 3, 2019