Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Well I was going to back Karl but I have to back Johnny Mundo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SalTheBard posted:

I think you mean Johnny Impact!

That's rough.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That's too bad, part of the reason the Davids made such a comeback is Pat was really tossing those puzzle pieces around, usually in these gimmick series the big disparity comes down to strength and he was equalizing that. I agree with the people who said that was one of the more intense evacs ever.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I hope we get enough Johnny Mundo to get him into a balance challenge because those are what usually meant to nerf the strong guys a bit.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I actually liked Jeremy and there was a lot of "hey this guy probably ultimately a decent dude" mixed in with all the craziness. I can totally believe all the other Angelina stuff too, or, that he completely invented it as well. I'm past the point of being shocked by the surrounding meta (really since reading Stingray like a million years ago).

Propaganda Machine posted:

Perhaps it is possible that Angelina behaved inappropriately and stupidly in front of TV cameras and Jeremy was thoughtless and annoying?

I could totally sign on with this too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
God drat what an episode, congrats to me for managing to not catch a spoiler in a week, and I love that edit, they set that up so nicely. Appropriate that my biggest mark out moment in years came for Johnny Mundo but drat I was hoping he'd go a lot deeper than this. But it's hard not to cheer for Christian.

Khanstant posted:

I hated wrestleman at first, but he was definitely my least disliked Goliath by the end of it. Seems kind of like a pattern for Pro Wrestlers, or maybe you just don't hear much from the pro wrestlers who are huge dickbags irl.

Also, I'm watching season 1 right now for kicks and it's cool to see how the show has evolved and also neat because none of these people really have a frame of reference for how to play the game and poo poo yet. Also someone got voted off because some dingus is just voting in alphabetical order?!?

Wrestlers absolutely can be scumbags but Johnny has been talked about well for a long time. And I wasn't surprised he got on with Christian because he's been on the indy circuit for ages and some indies are basically just underwear larping with nerdiest of nerds.

Rick fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Nov 21, 2018

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Angelina has spun around the other end of the spectrum and now I'm entertained by her as a tragically clueless figure.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think a good percentage of people who care enough about Survivor to post about it probably agree with you.

Problem is the viewing audience prefers returnee seasons.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Angelina really started to grow on me the last couple of weeks. Like, she was full of poo poo, and spiteful, but in a fairly harmless way. I dunno people like that can be fun. I never had any problem with Mike, I wanted him to go the other way so people I liked would go further but I'll never hate on someone for making self-preservation moves.

But Nick did such a good job with the jury tribal that I was surprised Mike got that many votes.

Rick fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

heybrother posted:

And to be fair, he got brought on to do two weeks of work on it (according to him, but also very common for veteran screenwriters) and did his best to salvage what was already probably a piece of poo poo commissioned by studio hacks.

The Emoji Movie is competently written (maybe because of Mike?? I dunno), it's just a basic Hero's Journey film, I'd say it was cliche but it's a children's movie and even good ones rely on cliche. Animation is fine. Voice acting is fine. Really across the board everything is adequate.

The problem is that it's souless. Or, rather, anti-soul.